Windows 10: Widget or toggle for speakers and mic

Discus and support Widget or toggle for speakers and mic in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I switch back and forth between multiple input/output devices on my W10 PC throughout my day. It's there a quicker way of switching mic and speakers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/robdam1001, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Widget or toggle for speakers and mic

I switch back and forth between multiple input/output devices on my W10 PC throughout my day. It's there a quicker way of switching mic and speakers rather than clicking on the speaker icon on the Taskbar? A desktop widget would be perfect.

submitted by /u/robdam1001
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/robdam1001, Apr 15, 2020
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Apr 15, 2020
  3. Skip Ladd Win User
    Speaker toggle

I went through these steps, which are slightly different than you have outlined, but I got to the settings where I hit Turn System Icons On Or Off.....the Volume is NOT on; however, it is shaded in gray instead of black and it won't allow me to move the
    toggle to "ON".....so, that didn't work. Any other suggestions?

Skip Ladd, Apr 15, 2020
  4. Ruud Win User

Widget or toggle for speakers and mic

Combined mic/speakers

I have a combined mic and speakers jack and also a combined input, but my microphone isn't working. it's just using my pc mic.

Thema:

Widget or toggle for speakers and mic

1. Widget or toggle for speakers and mic - Similar Threads - Widget toggle speakers

2. No mic and speaker access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No mic and speaker access: i am using kali desktop GUI but my mic and speakers are not working. this is what it shows to me in settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-mic-and-speaker-access/28b77532-aa84-4aea-93c3-8cf98e470911
  3. (Shortcut to) quicker mic toggle?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    (Shortcut to) quicker mic toggle?: Hi, I would like to be able to quickly (1 or 2 clicks, or maybe a keyboard shortcut - hotkey) enable and disable the microphone in Windows 10 Pro. [img] Even better if I could do in on the Device Manager level, but how? 177384
  4. Windows is using my earplugs' speakers (not mic) as mic in?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows is using my earplugs' speakers (not mic) as mic in?: First, to start by saying, I didn't even think this is possible. Today, I plugged a standard smartphone earplugs (with mic) in my mic in plug. What happened is, they got recognized as a microphone, but instead of using the actual microphone device on the headset, windows...
  5. Where to find mic toggle status

Where to find mic toggle status: My computer has a button that toggles the mic and briefly displays an image on screen showing whether the mic is on or off. This seems to be done through a background program called LenovoUtility. I would like to be able to access the information as to whether my mic is on...
  6. Echo from Speaker/Mic

Echo from Speaker/Mic: I'm on Windows 10 on a 1 year old HP laptop. When I have the integrated Speaker/Headphone Realtek R Audio enabled I hear noise all the time and an echo when I speak/use the keyboard etc. I've tried muting my mic and muting speakers etc. Troubleshooter, Cortina, etc but if I...
  7. Mic and Speaker troubleshoot not working

Mic and Speaker troubleshoot not working: I am going to keep it short. When I go into settings and try to troubleshoot my mic or my headset, a pop up opens with the message "Windows cannot access the specified divide, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." This is my personal...
  8. Mic / Speakers not working!

Mic / Speakers not working!: Hey guys, I have a very weird problem with my speakers and microphone. I try to describe it as detailed as possible: Yesterday evening around 8 PM GMT +1 I was recording my voice through Audacity and listened to it. Everything worked perfectly fine. After that I started...
  9. Bluetooth speaker with mic - mic not working when connected on Win10

Bluetooth speaker with mic - mic not working when connected on Win10: Hi all, We have bought a speaker for our office to use in conferences. The bluetooth speaker has a microphone, and works fine (both mic and speaker) when connected to a smartphone. The problem appears when we connect it to a laptop. Although it appears in the...
  10. Combined mic/speakers

Combined mic/speakers: I have a combined mic and speakers jack and also a combined input, but my microphone isn't working. it's just using my pc mic. 37678