Windows 10: Widgets and Gadgets?

Discus and support Widgets and Gadgets? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello Folks, New Member here, . First I would like to thank everyone on these forums that have provided fixes, and answers to this MS New OS called... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by cfuller57, Jan 19, 2016.

1. cfuller57 Win User

Widgets and Gadgets?

Hello Folks,
    New Member here, .
    First I would like to thank everyone on these forums that have provided fixes, and answers to this MS New OS called Win10.
    For Months now I have had nothing but issues getting this OS to install, and work without issues. Win10 Forums has had all the answers that I needed to find out how to fix it.
    Now that I have it up and running, I have been searching for a way to get a Widget, WundergroundVistaWidget, to work on the Desktop.
    I have seen many posts about 8 Gadget pack, but it appears it puts back the sidebar. I never used Side bar, but I had the Widget for Wunderground Weather on my desktop in Win7.

So, the question is: Is there a way to get the Widget to install to the Desktop in Windows 10?
    I have tried, and I get it is not compatible.
    If not, is there a way to get Tiles to show up on the Desktop, instead of only the Start Screen in Tablet Mode?

Any, and all, help is appreciated.
    Thanks,

:)

cfuller57, Jan 19, 2016

2. widgets on start homescreen

Some widgets are possible on the 5800. I have an email widget, a calendar widget a device info widget a wifi/bluetooth widget, a camera/gallery widget, and 18 shorcuts on my 5800 homescreen (Its kinetic scrollable up and down). All you need is Tsunami
    Homescreen app and its good to go. I also had a Music Widget but it lags like H E L L.

chanchan05, Jan 19, 2016
  3. C6-00 Homescreen downloaded Application ISSUE

The widgets in the homescreen are designed to be widgets. The applications you have downloaded have no widget capability. Basically this is not Nokia's fault but the developers. Nokia did not make those apps, the developers did. They with-held widget functions.
    Only widgets can be installed on homescreen, not just any app.

Such issues cannot be corrected by any SW update if the apps themselves are not widgetized.

chanchan05, Jan 19, 2016
  4. gpstoloff Win User

Widgets and Gadgets?

No, W10 removed all support for W7 Widgets because they were prone to "infection", so no widget will ever be allowed to install.

W10 removed the generic Start Screen tile display of W8, but put the tiles on the Start Menu. Also, by definition, Tablet Mode means that only the Start Menu will appear when the Windows key is pressed.

If you want an on-screen update on your weather, you can install either the W10 Weather (fed by MSN), The Weather Channel (WU's sister company), or AccuWeather. If they send notifications (weather watches or warnings, etc.), they can be set to appear in your Action Center pop-out sidebar.

gpstoloff, Jan 19, 2016
  5. jemgem Win User
    yes, you can get the windows 7 widgets back.
    see this:
    Desktop gadgets and sidebar for Windows 10

you will have only the basic pack, any other widgets you will have to google them.

that said... the gadgets were never a great system, and used a bit too much memory for my liking.
    you may want to have a look at rainmeter "skins" - all sorts of little widgets, offering a fantastic way to personalise your desktop

jemgem, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Widgets and Gadgets?

1. Widgets and Gadgets? - Similar Threads - Widgets Gadgets

2. Weather widget on lockscreen would not show in celsius but in fahrenheit no matter what I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weather widget on lockscreen would not show in celsius but in fahrenheit no matter what I...: Works fine when I sign in though. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weather-widget-on-lockscreen-would-not-show-in/ef1dce5f-e623-4b49-9c8e-efaf1122c79a
  3. Weather widget on lockscreen would not show in celsius but in fahrenheit no matter what I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weather widget on lockscreen would not show in celsius but in fahrenheit no matter what I...: Works fine when I sign in though. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weather-widget-on-lockscreen-would-not-show-in/ef1dce5f-e623-4b49-9c8e-efaf1122c79a
  4. Windows 11 News and Interest Widget - how to change speed of the news tiles?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 News and Interest Widget - how to change speed of the news tiles?: I'm on windows 11. i like the weather icon on the taskbar. When I click on it, it shows a full screen of weather and tiles that link to news and ugh ads. However, the news tiles refresh way too quickly before I'm able to read through them. Is there any way to change or...
  5. Windows 11 News and Interest Widget - how to change speed of the news tiles?

Windows 11 News and Interest Widget - how to change speed of the news tiles?: I'm on windows 11. i like the weather icon on the taskbar. When I click on it, it shows a full screen of weather and tiles that link to news and ugh ads. However, the news tiles refresh way too quickly before I'm able to read through them. Is there any way to change or...
  6. Windows 11 lockscreen weather widget displays in farenheit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 lockscreen weather widget displays in farenheit: The lockscreen weather widget in the new windows 11 update displays in farenheit when it's meant to display in celcius. I've changed my region settings to australia and restarted yet still displays in farenheit....
  7. Windows 11 lockscreen weather widget displays in farenheit

Windows 11 lockscreen weather widget displays in farenheit: The lockscreen weather widget in the new windows 11 update displays in farenheit when it's meant to display in celcius. I've changed my region settings to australia and restarted yet still displays in farenheit....
  8. Widgets and Desktop Spotlight icons are not hidden when entering Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Widgets and Desktop Spotlight icons are not hidden when entering Safe Mode: When you enter Safe Mode with any variant on any Windows 11 build Assumingly build 22000 - 26100 - The widgets and "Learn about this picture" icons do not get set to hidden in Safe Mode despite them not being supported there due to multiple services being disabled there all...
  9. Widgets and Desktop Spotlight icons are not hidden when entering Safe Mode

Widgets and Desktop Spotlight icons are not hidden when entering Safe Mode: When you enter Safe Mode with any variant on any Windows 11 build Assumingly build 22000 - 26100 - The widgets and "Learn about this picture" icons do not get set to hidden in Safe Mode despite them not being supported there due to multiple services being disabled there all...
  10. Gadget-like widgets to make a comeback on Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Gadget-like widgets to make a comeback on Windows 11: In recent weeks, Microsoft has been diligently engaged in reviving a distinctive aspect of Windows Vista, which generated significant debate during its time: desktop widgets, known as gadgets back then. It is worth recalling that prior to this development, Windows XP SP3 had...