Windows 10: Widow 10 - Power Plan / CPU Usage Stuck @ 100%

Discus and support Widow 10 - Power Plan / CPU Usage Stuck @ 100% in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Folks; Clean install of Windows 10 Pro w/all drivers. The problem is that under the high performance power plan the CPU usage stays at 100% and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dave Onex, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Dave Onex Win User

Widow 10 - Power Plan / CPU Usage Stuck @ 100%

Hi Folks;

Clean install of Windows 10 Pro w/all drivers.

The problem is that under the high performance power plan the CPU usage stays at 100% and battery life shows just a few hours. I then modified the advanced settings so that the minimum CPU usage on that plan is 5%.

Even with nothing running the CPU stays pretty much pegged at the top. Battery life indicates it is being eaten alive due to CPU usage

On the Balanced plan CPU usage will range from very little to max depending on what's running - which is correct.

So the problem is that the High Performance plan keeps the CPU pegged at nearly maximum, even though it's set to lower to 5% and there is nothing using the CPU.

BTW, I'd appreciate it if I could get an answer from someone knowledgeable as opposed to someone in India that thinks the answer is to set defaults or the like.

:)

Dave Onex, Apr 23, 2019
  2. Dave Onex Win User

Hi Folks;

Clean install of Windows 10 Pro w/all drivers.

The problem is that under the high performance power plan the CPU usage stays at 100% and battery life shows just a few hours. I then modified the advanced settings so that the minimum CPU usage on that plan is 5%.

Even with nothing running the CPU stays pretty much pegged at the top. Battery life indicates it is being eaten alive due to CPU usage

On the Balanced plan CPU usage will range from very little to max depending on what's running - which is correct.

So the problem is that the High Performance plan keeps the CPU pegged at nearly maximum, even though it's set to lower to 5% and there is nothing using the CPU.

BTW, I'd appreciate it if I could get an answer from someone knowledgeable as opposed to someone in India that thinks the answer is to set defaults or the like.

Dave Onex, Jun 28, 2019
  3. CPU Stuck at 100 Percent Load Until Power Plan is Changed

My CPU automatically goes to 100 percent load at startup. This issue is resolved for a short time if I change my power plan to a different plan. After a few days my CPU goes back to 100 percent on the new power plan, causing me to switch to a new plan I
    haven't used before.

This issue is causing me to duplicate a plan I haven't used before multiple times, so that I can switch to them as the previous plans I use get "infected" by the 100% CPU issue.

Basically this is what happens:

Use plan 1 until CPU hits 100% >>> Switch to plan 2.

Use Plan 2 >>> Duplicate plan 3 for future use since I haven't used it yet.

Plan 2 stuck at 100% CPU >>> Switch to plan 3 duplicate.

Use Plan 3 duplicate >>> Duplicate plan 3 again, to switch to later.

I have tried to go to the advanced power options for each of the plans to "Restore plan defaults" but that button is greyed out, even if I select the link "Change settings that are currently unavailable".

If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

HybridClover, Jun 28, 2019
  4. Katy66 Win User

100% cpu usage windows 10

I managed to fix this problem on my computer by changing the Power Plan from 'Balanced' to 'Power Saver'.

There is a thread on the technet forums here:

Windows 10 and cpu usage at 100%

Katy66, Jun 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Widow 10 - Power Plan / CPU Usage Stuck @ 100% - Similar Threads - Widow Power Plan

2. CPU stuck at 100% usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU stuck at 100% usage: HiMy CPU usage is at 100% at all times even when basically no programmes are open. I need help to fix this because I've been getting some freezing here and there when using Chrome and playing games. My Specs are:Intel i5-8600kNVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 3GB DDR58 GB RAM1 x 256 GB...
  3. CPU stuck at 100% usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU stuck at 100% usage: HiMy CPU usage is at 100% at all times even when basically no programmes are open. I need help to fix this because I've been getting some freezing here and there when using Chrome and playing games. My Specs are:Intel i5-8600kNVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 3GB DDR58 GB RAM1 x 256 GB...
  4. cpu usage stuck at 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cpu usage stuck at 100%: My CPU usage on task manager is stuck on 100% even after a windows reset and when no programs are running. I would really appreciate if anyone could give me some solutions...
  5. cpu usage stuck at 100%

cpu usage stuck at 100%: My CPU usage on task manager is stuck on 100% even after a windows reset and when no programs are running. I would really appreciate if anyone could give me some solutions...
  6. cpu usage stuck at 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. CPU stuck at 100% usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU stuck at 100% usage: My cpu is stuck at 100% all the time for no reason. I have a intel 10700k so I shouldn't be hardware limited at all. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-stuck-at-100-usage/cd5f3eb0-daf1-424c-9f84-057cf7d39f1a
  8. CPU stuck at 100% usage

CPU stuck at 100% usage: My cpu is stuck at 100% all the time for no reason. I have a intel 10700k so I shouldn't be hardware limited at all. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-stuck-at-100-usage/cd5f3eb0-daf1-424c-9f84-057cf7d39f1a
  9. CPU stuck at 100% usage

10. CPU Usage stuck at 100%

CPU Usage stuck at 100%: Hey, I don't know when it started , but I opened my task manager this morning and was surprised that my CPU usage is at 100% even when I didn't start using my pc. searched on the internet for a couple solutions , but they didn't work for me. I rebooted to safe boot, and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cpu 100% windows 10 2019

2. windows 10 1903 2019 update showing cpu usage 100%

3. windows 10 high performance power plan produces high cpu

4. cpu at 100% fresh install windows 10