Windows 10: Widows 10 mail sorting

Discus and support Widows 10 mail sorting in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I use W10 mail and the incomed mails can be sorted by name what works OK or by data in order of the arrival. In this case each entry has a name icon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JiriKopecky, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Widows 10 mail sorting

I use W10 mail and the incomed mails can be sorted by name what works OK or by data in order of the arrival. In this case each entry has a name icon

such as JK derived from the mail address. Strange enough many older arrived mails or by me sent copies, which have nothing to do with the icon, are sorted under this icon. Very disturbing, indeed. What is wrong?

:)

JiriKopecky, Oct 9, 2020

2. Sorting mail in Windows 10

Hi Sujata,

Will you please provide step-by-step instructions based on your suggestion below? I want to stop Windows 10 mail from dividing my mail by date and simply sort by date received, latest date first.

What you suggested: "If you want to then you can sort ‘From’ option wherein, you see all mails from sender followed alphabetically. "

I have not found anything in the mail app that points to a sort From option.

Also, the link you provided has no relevance to the very clear and specific question the OP asked.

Thanks!

Clark Bohs, Oct 9, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Widows 10 mail sorting :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 9, 2020
  4. Widows 10 mail sorting

Torquemada, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

Widows 10 mail sorting

1. Widows 10 mail sorting - Similar Threads - Widows mail sorting

2. Widows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Widows Live Mail: Yesterday, when I opened Windows Live e-mail, I found that all of the files under the inbox & everything in them were gone. How can I restore them? Are they saved somewhere on my PC? Does this have anything to do with the transition to Outlook? If so, why wasn't I warned?...
  3. Widows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Widows Live Mail: Yesterday, when I opened Windows Live e-mail, I found that all of the files under the inbox & everything in them were gone. How can I restore them? Are they saved somewhere on my PC? Does this have anything to do with the transition to Outlook? If so, why wasn't I warned?...
  4. Widows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Widows 10 mail sorting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Widows 10 mail sorting: I use W10 mail and the incomed mails can be sorted by name what works OK or by data in order of the arrival. In this case each entry has a name icon such as JK derived from the mail address. Strange enough many older arrived mails or by me sent copies, which have nothing to...
  6. widows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    widows 10: after upgrade my desktop computer has no software https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/widows-10/ee9b644e-cbc3-4391-98d3-c232d3b52f02
  7. Widows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Widows 10: New computer. all going well. Suddenly have "preparing windows" appear every time at start up and updates at closing. Need a simple solution please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/widows-10/46d16668-f754-4850-a5bf-f01875ffda55
  8. my widows 10 e mail no longer works.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my widows 10 e mail no longer works.: After a windows update I was asked for my email password. I had forgotton it so was given a password reset code. this does not work. How do I get my email working afgain....
  9. Cannot send from Widows 10 Mail app

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot send from Widows 10 Mail app: Hi, I have just upgraded to Windows 10 and want to use the Mail app. I got it set up and it will receive but not send: I get this error message in my Inbox - "We weren't able to send this message, so we've put it in your Drafts folder. Before you try sending it again, you...
  10. Sorting mail accounts in mail app

in Browsers and Email
    Sorting mail accounts in mail app: How can i sort them? Hey are sorted as i add them. 94121