Windows 10: Widows 10 screen refresh every 1 second after update

Discus and support Widows 10 screen refresh every 1 second after update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi. I have a Windows 10 desktop. Earlier today it went through a very long auto update. Since the update my screen refreshes every second making it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mr Spanners, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Widows 10 screen refresh every 1 second after update

Hi. I have a Windows 10 desktop. Earlier today it went through a very long auto update. Since the update my screen refreshes every second making it impossible to do anything apart from open the task manager.

I have already searched for solutions online using using my tablet. So far I have tried disabling Windows Error Reporting which didn't work. Neither did going back to a restore point (as I hadn't set one) or a previous version. I have even tried resetting Windows, but all that happened, I think, was that the same update was installed, with the same 1 second refresh problem.

If anyone can help I would be immensely grateful.

:)

Mr Spanners, Sep 23, 2018
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Sep 23, 2018
  3. Folder refresh every 60 seconds

I have a new computer that has Windows 10 on it. When I open any of the storage folders such as "My Pictures" it refreshes every 60 seconds. If I have scrolled down in the file list I will then lose my place because the screen refreshes and goes back
    to the top of the list. This is incredibly frustrating! Please help.

GeraldByrne, Sep 23, 2018
  4. Widows 10 screen refresh every 1 second after update

screen is refreshing for few seconds in win 10 pro

Hello Hari,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Sep 23, 2018
Thema:

Widows 10 screen refresh every 1 second after update

1. Widows 10 screen refresh every 1 second after update - Similar Threads - Widows screen refresh

2. Windows 11 entire home screen refreshing every 1 second

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 entire home screen refreshing every 1 second: Windows homescreen goes black every 1 second, I have no taskbar. I cannot open any apps. I can open windows terminal prompt through taskbar manager but the chkdsk, scannow, and dism commands do not work. I have 1 monitor it's a acer nitro 5 gaming laptop. I have 32gb of ram...
  3. Windows 11 entire home screen refreshing every 1 second

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 entire home screen refreshing every 1 second: Windows homescreen goes black every 1 second, I have no taskbar. I cannot open any apps. I can open windows terminal prompt through taskbar manager but the chkdsk, scannow, and dism commands do not work. I have 1 monitor it's a acer nitro 5 gaming laptop. I have 32gb of ram...
  4. Windows 10 keep refreshing screen and taskbar for every second ...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 keep refreshing screen and taskbar for every second ...: My windows 10 lenova pc has been refreshing screen for every secondsI see only the flickering os screen and task bar. I read almost evey forum suggesting run task manager. But due to this refreshing I couldn't do anything on it. I don't have any idea how to resolve this...
  5. Laptop freezes every 5 seconds for 1 second

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop freezes every 5 seconds for 1 second: My friend asked me too have a look at his laptop as it was really slow, i ran some tests and determined his HDD was failing so recommended he got an SSD upgrade, so he bought one and i installed windows 10 for him, his laptop came shipped with windows 10 home, so i installed...
  6. Windows freezes for 1 second every 5 seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows freezes for 1 second every 5 seconds: My friend asked me too have a look at his laptop as it was really slow, i ran some tests and determined his HDD was failing so recommended he got an SSD upgrade, so he bought one and i installed windows 10 for him, his laptop came shipped with windows 10 home, so i installed...
  7. Edge periodically refreshes every 1 - 2 seconds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge periodically refreshes every 1 - 2 seconds: I recently upgraded my Windows 10 Pro desktop with a new ASUS motherboard with 32GB RAM, NVIDIA display adapter, and a 1TB SSD. I continue to utilize a secondary 500GB scratch hard drive and two HP LV2311 monitors. I also use a 2TB USB data volume and an 8TB USB backup...
  8. Windows 10 keep refreshing every 4 seconds

Windows 10 keep refreshing every 4 seconds: My Windows 10 keep refreshing every 4 seconds and I tried a lot of things to solve it but it didn't work at all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-keep-refreshing-every-4-seconds/f965caf2-783c-445f-878f-fa9dada64bf5
  9. Laptop Refreshing every second after Windows update: Computer unusable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop Refreshing every second after Windows update: Computer unusable: I recently did a routine update for windows on my laptop and when I turned the computer back on the screen began flashing as if it were refreshing every second. I tried logging in but I can’t advance to the “enter pin” screen before it refreshes again back to the hole screen....
  10. Windows 10 keeps freezing, then refreshing every few seconds

Windows 10 keeps freezing, then refreshing every few seconds: I updated to windows insider preview a few weeks ago and now I am expierencing screen/desktop refreshes every few seconds. I can't open any apps except task manager and services from there. please help...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows explorer.exe refreshing every second

2. screen windows 10 refreshes every 2 secs