Windows 10: Widows 10 should stop _all_ updates in the future. They have no idea what they are doing.

Discus and support Widows 10 should stop _all_ updates in the future. They have no idea what they are doing. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I lost 74 Gigs overnight. I recovered only 70. They do not know what they are doing and should stop trying. Last time they made the Sticky Notes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by viewerx111, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Widows 10 should stop _all_ updates in the future. They have no idea what they are doing.

I lost 74 Gigs overnight. I recovered only 70.

They do not know what they are doing and should stop trying.

Last time they made the Sticky Notes Icon in the tray white, it is now yellow again just brighter, but it_still_ takes twice as long to come up as Win 7!

I use HDMI 50% of my time to use the big screen TV. It _was_ 3 clicks to switch the audio outputs. Now left-clicking on the speaker icon in the tray does _nothing_ and I have to type 'audio' in search. WHY? What gibbering idiot thought that would help?

I was barely over being P..ed off from the _Last_ update that made idiotic changes.

Why are they going out of their way to make other OS's look better all the time?

October Surprise = many many more people mad at Microsoft.

:)

viewerx111, Oct 5, 2018

2. ideas for future updates

Hi acanadianreject,

Thank you for your feedback! The good news is that we have seen many of these same suggestions voiced before and will take them into consideration and planning in future KIN updates.

To address what you've run into directly, I have a few questions:

• Can you give me a shortlist of web sites you browse that case the Browser app to crash? These will be helpful for investigation purposes.
    • When you say "Drafts" do you mean Email or SMS drafts? Simply backing out of an SMS message (without sending) will save the text input. When you press the BACK button while writing an email it will prompt you to save the message or discard.
    • Can you elaborate on what you mean when you say you "lost" your "Captured" folder? Recall that pictures taken on the device will automatically sync to the KIN Service and be available on KIN Studio. Once a photo syncs it leaves the thumbnail version on
      the device (to save space). Therefore, Zune will not see pictures that have already synced to the KIN Service. You can read more about this here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2027647.
    • Can you pinpoint certain operations you do on the device that cause the lag to happen?

Mike M. - KIN Support, Oct 5, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Oct 5, 2018
  4. Widows 10 should stop _all_ updates in the future. They have no idea what they are doing.

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Oct 5, 2018
Thema:

Widows 10 should stop _all_ updates in the future. They have no idea what they are doing.

1. Widows 10 should stop _all_ updates in the future. They have no idea what they are doing. - Similar Threads - Widows should stop

2. No idea what to do :

in Windows 10 Customization
    No idea what to do :: Hey guys, so I just woke up today and turned on my computer just to find it having trouble.I keep getting LARGE amounts of BSOD’s with a variety of different stop codes such as “APC Index mismatch”, “PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA”, “MEMORY MANAGEMENT”, “SYSTEM SERVICE...
  3. what is bit locker? I have no idea. should i have it turned on or off? If off how do i...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    what is bit locker? I have no idea. should i have it turned on or off? If off how do i...: how do i know if bit locker is good? should i turn it on or off? if off how do i get it out of my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-bit-locker-i-have-no-idea-should-i-have-it/8625c9f5-3edf-463a-b243-1f3cee6fc890
  4. The Fall cumulative update has stopped working what should I do?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The Fall cumulative update has stopped working what should I do?: To whom it may concern: I had a Cumulative Update reminder this morning and I started it. But it has been over 2 hours and nothing seems to have happened. The computer shows the lock screen but it won’t open? What is wrong?...
  5. WINRE not found error during widows reset. What should I do???????

WINRE not found error during widows reset. What should I do???????: I wish to reset my windows 10 PC. So I go to settings and touch the reset option. When I touch it, it shows windows recovery environment didn't found. And telling that, insert the windows installation media or recovery media to reset. When I type "reagentc /enable"...
  6. I have no idea what to do. Please help.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have no idea what to do. Please help.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/mermaps [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eoeo8v/i_have_no_idea_what_to_do_please_help/
  7. Do Restore Points have a future?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Do Restore Points have a future?: Yesterday I discovered my one Restore Point had vanished, why might this have happened? I don't keep more than two as I have a 'small storage' device. This would not be a problem if they could be saved and used from an external drive ---- I have nor seen any suggestion that...
  8. Widows 10 should stop _all_ updates in the future. They have no idea what they are doing.

Widows 10 should stop _all_ updates in the future. They have no idea what they are doing.: I lost 74 Gigs overnight. I recovered only 70. They do not know what they are doing and should stop trying. Last time they made the Sticky Notes Icon in the tray white, it is now yellow again just brighter, but it_still_ takes twice as long to come up as Win 7! I use...
  9. Anyone have any ideas on what windows 10 is stopping ports with?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Anyone have any ideas on what windows 10 is stopping ports with?: Today i was going to make a private counter strike global offensive mini games server for me and my friends to play on. (Which i have done in the past with counter strike source) and so i set everything up and tried to port-forward and then went to check on canyouseeme.org...
  10. Do Live Tiles Have a Future in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 News
    Do Live Tiles Have a Future in Windows 10?: Live tiles first appeared in October 2012, when Microsoft officially introduced the new Windows 8, and since then they have received several rounds of improvements which has made it very clear that Redmond has no intention to dump them and go back to the traditional Windows...