Windows 10: Widows 10 will not boot on it's own

Discus and support Widows 10 will not boot on it's own in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Widows 10 will not boot on it's own, have to go through BIOS settings, in the settings I have set the windows boot manager as 1st option, I have also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Craig Filby, Feb 26, 2024.

1. Widows 10 will not boot on it's own

Widows 10 will not boot on it's own, have to go through BIOS settings, in the settings I have set the windows boot manager as 1st option, I have also already changed the battery twice but every time I turn the tower off at the wall I have to use BIOS again. The issue started randomly a month ago, in this time I look through every setting but can't find any issues.Any help would be much appreciated, thanks

:)

Craig Filby, Feb 26, 2024
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Feb 26, 2024
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Feb 26, 2024
  4. Widows 10 will not boot on it's own

Widows 10

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to update the display drivers by the steps provided below and check for the status.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 26, 2024
Thema:

Widows 10 will not boot on it's own

1. Widows 10 will not boot on it's own - Similar Threads - Widows boot own

2. Widows 10 will not boot on it's own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Widows 10 will not boot on it's own: Widows 10 will not boot on it's own, have to go through BIOS settings, in the settings I have set the windows boot manager as 1st option, I have also already changed the battery twice but every time I turn the tower off at the wall I have to use BIOS again. The issue started...
  3. Widows 10 will not boot on it's own

in Windows 10 Customization
    Widows 10 will not boot on it's own: Widows 10 will not boot on it's own, have to go through BIOS settings, in the settings I have set the windows boot manager as 1st option, I have also already changed the battery twice but every time I turn the tower off at the wall I have to use BIOS again. The issue started...
  4. How to put my own wallpaper in widows spotlight from my own repository?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to put my own wallpaper in widows spotlight from my own repository?: Hi Everyone, Actually my question is about to Windows Spotlight. I want to change windows spotlight wallpaper from my own created online wallpaper library . I upload wallpaper once in a week. and my spotlight change one wallpaper in 24 hours. Basically I want to customize the...
  5. How to put my own wallpaper in widows spotlight from my own repository?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to put my own wallpaper in widows spotlight from my own repository?: Hi Everyone, Actually my question is about to Windows Spotlight. I want to change windows spotlight wallpaper from my own created online wallpaper library . I upload wallpaper once in a week. and my spotlight change one wallpaper in 24 hours. Basically I want to customize the...
  6. widows 10

widows 10: how do change the windows 10 buffer size? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/widows-10/0809ca8f-1f0e-4bdc-a5e8-97d42df852eb
  7. widows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    widows 10: after upgrade my desktop computer has no software https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/widows-10/ee9b644e-cbc3-4391-98d3-c232d3b52f02
  8. Widows 10

Widows 10: New computer. all going well. Suddenly have "preparing windows" appear every time at start up and updates at closing. Need a simple solution please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/widows-10/46d16668-f754-4850-a5bf-f01875ffda55
  9. Widows 10

Widows 10: Just setting up a new laptop and have a few questions regarding Windows 10. 1. Is there a way to change the Start Menu layout to that of previous Windows start menus? 2. Where are the default desktop icons, i.e. My Computer and Recycle Bin? Related: Is an "APP" the...
  10. Unable to boot from Widows 10 to Windows 7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to boot from Widows 10 to Windows 7: I'm using windows 10 from past 2 Years in My Acer laptop Initially it was good and awesome in features all of sudden since from 3 Months it slowly started killing my PC Performance damn it's highly highly impossible to work and noticed my that C: Drive getting full and it's...