Windows 10: Widows 10

Discus and support Widows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Just setting up a new laptop and have a few questions regarding Windows 10. 1. Is there a way to change the Start Menu layout to that of previous... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tompopo(2), Feb 2, 2019.

1. Widows 10

Just setting up a new laptop and have a few questions regarding Windows 10.

1. Is there a way to change the Start Menu layout to that of previous Windows start menus?

2. Where are the default desktop icons, i.e. My Computer and Recycle Bin?

Related: Is an "APP" the same as "Icon"?

3. Is there a setting to change the desktop image?

That will do it for now.

Thank you.

:)

tompopo(2), Feb 2, 2019

2. Widows 10

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to update the display drivers by the steps provided below and check for the status.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 2, 2019
  3. Widows 10 Internet issue

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform a Network Troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “troubleshooting” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View all” on the top left corner.
    • Click on “Network Adapter” and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 2, 2019
  4. Widows 10

widows 10 photos

Thank for providing the details we requested. Since you're still having issues with the Photos app, we suggest that you follow the steps posted below to reset the Photos app in Windows 10:

• Open the Settings app by pressing the Windows key + I and then select the
      Apps icon.
    • Click on the option labeled Apps & features on the left side. Then from the list shown select the app (ex: Photos) you want to reset and then click on the
      Advanced options link.
    • Select the Reset button under Storage usage and app reset.
    • Then click Reset to confirm the process on the new pop up dialogue box.
    • You will now see a check mark indicating the app has been reset.

Regards.

Jordan Dom, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

Widows 10

1. Widows 10 - Similar Threads - Widows

2. Changing boot device to USB port to load new Widows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Changing boot device to USB port to load new Widows 10: How do I change the boot device to USB port to load new Windows 10 on desk top? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-boot-device-to-usb-port-to-load-new/772fee93-21be-47ed-bf08-f45bc06ac5ff
  3. How can I make the Icons and Outlook Larger in Widows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I make the Icons and Outlook Larger in Widows 10: I've just gotten Windows 10. The icons are supper small. on the task bar, can I increase their size? Aslo my outlook folder fonts are small. I tried changing but no help. How do you do this? Thank you,...
  4. settings / open widows security/ popup widows says i need a new app to open windows defender

in Windows 10 Customization
    settings / open widows security/ popup widows says i need a new app to open windows defender: this is a just opened dell with nothing installed, windows update ran and up to date, tried to turn off fire wall to install my drafting program, get this pop up when I click on open widows security in settings /widows security/ open widows security or firewall & network...
  5. After typing document in Notepad in Widows 10 Home Edition, it does not want to save.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After typing document in Notepad in Widows 10 Home Edition, it does not want to save.: After typing document in Notepad in Widows 10 Home Edition, it does not want to save. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-typing-document-in-notepad-in-widows-10-home/bc89e78e-666b-4140-ae24-872d4d91f885"
  6. Widow 10 - Power Plan / CPU Usage Stuck @ 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Widow 10 - Power Plan / CPU Usage Stuck @ 100%: Hi Folks; Clean install of Windows 10 Pro w/all drivers. The problem is that under the high performance power plan the CPU usage stays at 100% and battery life shows just a few hours. I then modified the advanced settings so that the minimum CPU usage on that plan is 5%....
  7. i have a widows phone tied to my desk top lost all icons on phone screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i have a widows phone tied to my desk top lost all icons on phone screen: i need help on a windows phone all icons are gone cant start phone i have power https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-widows-phone-tied-to-my-desk-top-lost-all/7b937abf-3124-41fb-b0ba-f9e3299a950f
  8. Widows Word subscription

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Widows Word subscription: I have paid Jan Feb & March 19 windows WORD 10 subscription, but it wont load up, can anyone advise on the problem Many thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/widows-word-subscription/c1e7eb80-d999-4ec6-9ecc-e141620762a4"
  9. widow defender update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    widow defender update: this update never completes, always has an error, is there a way around said error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/widow-defender-update/dc1b3a72-8228-4f6e-857a-417ad78a80cc
  10. Widows 10 Patch Deleted WiFi Option on My HP Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Widows 10 Patch Deleted WiFi Option on My HP Desktop: The update. download on the 12th of March has deleted the Wifi option from my OS. I went so far as to have a tech from my internet provider replace my modem, this morning, that didn't fix the problem at all. This patch has prevented me from updating IOT and medical devices...