Windows 10: Widows 11 setting default program for jpg files is not working

Discus and support Widows 11 setting default program for jpg files is not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just installed W11, clean install. I installed Irfanview for my image viewer and simple editing. However it will not associate jpg and png file types,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Amdkt7, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Amdkt7 Win User

Widows 11 setting default program for jpg files is not working

Just installed W11, clean install. I installed Irfanview for my image viewer and simple editing. However it will not associate jpg and png file types, although it did for many other file types. I tried installing as an Administrator. I tried setting associations from within Irfanview. I tried going to the Default Programs control panel and tried to associate jpg files with Irfanview. JPG is not listed in the file types. Nore is png. Both have been taken by Photo Viewer and nothing seems to make it give it up. I understand that VLC video viewer is also having trouble with setting file associati

:)

Amdkt7, Oct 20, 2021
Thema:

Widows 11 setting default program for jpg files is not working

1. Widows 11 setting default program for jpg files is not working - Similar Threads - Widows setting default

2. JPG and JPEG file types cannot be associated or set with default app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    JPG and JPEG file types cannot be associated or set with default app: Hi,New HP Envy PC, Windows 11 pre-installed. When I use Open With to change the default app from Microsoft Photos to something else, there is no option to set a different app as the default file type.When I go into settings and try to associate JPG or JPEG, they do not come...
  3. How to set default app for file type jpg

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set default app for file type jpg: I would like to change the default app for the file type jpg. I've gone through all the steps for setting a default app but the jpg file extension does not appear in the list and therefore I cannot choose a default. When I Open a jpg file it opens in the Photo app. If I look...
  4. How to set default app for file type jpg

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set default app for file type jpg: I would like to change the default app for the file type jpg. I've gone through all the steps for setting a default app but the jpg file extension does not appear in the list and therefore I cannot choose a default. When I Open a jpg file it opens in the Photo app. If I look...
  5. PNG and JPG files not working in Windows 11

PNG and JPG files not working in Windows 11: When I attempt to open PNG files with the default "Photos" app in Windows 11, I get an error "The specified procedure could not be fond". I never had this issue with before I upgraded Windows 10 last week. I uninstalled and installed the Photos program when I first...
  6. Widows 11 setting default program for jpg files is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Widows 11 setting default program for jpg files is not working: Just installed W11, clean install. I installed Irfanview for my image viewer and simple editing. However it will not associate jpg and png file types, although it did for many other file types. I tried installing as an Administrator. I tried setting associations from within...
  7. Setting default program by file type

Setting default program by file type: I am trying to set programs by file type. In Settings, when I "select a default" I am presented with some Microsoft apps or "Look for an app in the Microsoft store." What I want is a "Browse" option so I can choose my own program that I've installed. Why is that not available...
  8. Setting default programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting default programs: I am aware of how to change the default program in windows for file extensions, etc, but I want to be able to set the default association to any application of my choosing. I have seen old guides about this going into the old control panel, but that no longer works. Is there...
  9. Setting default programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting default programs: I would like to know why you can only set Microsoft Programs as the default programs In Windows 10, I have a media player i realy like and i can not set it as my default Media Program for some reason and i would like to know why and how Microsft is allowed by the Governement...
  10. Cannot set default program for .lnk files.

Cannot set default program for .lnk files.: My .lnk files will not open properly any longer. I know you can set the EXT back to explorer in 7. I go to Choose default apps by file type, and I still cannot select a program on my system. Is there a way to use the old Win 7 tool for this. (The right click -> open...