Windows 10: Widows Defender and Firewall

Discus and support Widows Defender and Firewall in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is it safe to disable Windows Defender and Firewall to enable downloading Canon software for Canon TR4560 printer/scanner?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DickCrane, Jun 22, 2021.

1. DickCrane Win User

Widows Defender and Firewall

Is it safe to disable Windows Defender and Firewall to enable downloading Canon software for Canon TR4560 printer/scanner?

:)

DickCrane, Jun 22, 2021
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

windows defender firewall

Hi Faye,

Third-party antivirus programs usually have their own uninstallers provided by the software developer. We suggest checking the developer's website or contacting their support team for assistance with uninstalling their program. After fully uninstalling the
    third-party antivirus software, you may turn on Windows Defender by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Windows Defender Security Center and press Enter.
    • Click Firewall and network protection.
    • Click Private (discoverable) network and click On.
    • Click Public (non-discoverable) network and click On.

Let us know if you have any other concerns about Windows Defender.

Yolvi Ell, Jun 22, 2021
  3. firewall

Hi Jackie,

For you to be able to get to your firewall, please follow the steps below:

• Go to start Button.
    • Open Windows defender Security Center.
    • Then go to Firewall & network protection.
    • Then choose a network profile.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Jun 22, 2021
  4. Mala_S Win User

Windows Defender Firewall error code 0x800706d9

Hi AnudieKatz.

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Since you are facing an issue with the Windows Defender firewall, I would like to ask you few questions to get a better picture.

1. Are you using any other Anti-virus software?
    2. Since when are you facing this issue?
    3. Have you tried installing Picture viewer and Calendar app after it getting uninstalled?

Based on your information, I would like to inform you that if you are using third party anti-virus program Windows defender will automatically turn off from your system you will not able turn it on manually.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1: Check the following services and ensure it is started.

1. Press Windows and R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type Services.msc and hit Enter.
    3. Search for the following services:
    • Base filtering engine Service
    • Remote Procedure Call Service
    • Windows defender firewall service
    4. Start the above services and reboot the device.

Method 2: I would suggest you to try running the troubleshooter to enable the firewall. Use the below link to run the troubleshooter.

Automatically diagnose and fix problems with Windows Firewall

If you are still facing the same issue after following the above steps, revert with the details asked.

Hope it helps.

Mala.S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Widows Defender and Firewall - Similar Threads - Widows Defender Firewall

2. Defender Firewall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defender Firewall: Got an email saying my Defender Firewall subscription was auto renewed for $199.99. I don't have a subscription and how was I charged https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defender-firewall/a4c2b7e0-2e4c-4800-aec0-1c69d0b0fed6
  3. Windows Firewall/Windows Defender Firewall

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Firewall/Windows Defender Firewall: I keep getting this security notification the says: "Firewall and Network Protection - Turn on Windows Firewall" see attached screenshots. 4 of the screenshots says/indicate that the firewall is turned on, but the security notification still pops up saying to turn on...
  4. defender firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    defender firewall: I cannot temporarily turn off the firewall. The page that is shown has a button to turn it off but ignores any clicking of the button and does not allow it to be turned off. This is crappy and has me completely stonewalled!!!...
  5. windows defender firewall

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows defender firewall: hi all my windows defender firewall in wondows 10 is disable and I cannot do anything to repair it. please help me Daniele https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-firewall/deb9a9f4-ea71-4739-b2cd-0e6b657aea27
  6. Windows Defender Firewall

Windows Defender Firewall: Hi, Any idea how to delete these, from the screenshot. I uninstalled PowerDVD but its left these rules behind on my firewall monitoring. [img] Thanks 131858
  7. Windows Defender Firewall

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Defender Firewall: My computer has recently crashed twice in a row, then told me to turn on Windows Firewall Defender.However I am unable to turn it on at all, it provides me with this message when i try turning it on : Windows Firewall can't change some of your settings. Error code...
  8. Windows Defender Firewall

Windows Defender Firewall: I'm using windows 10 1709 home on one notebook and version 18 on another. How are Apps able to enable disabled firewall settings, and, have the ability to automatically allow other apps through the firewall? For example Zune, Cooking Fever, One Note...etc go from disabled to...
  9. widow defender update

widow defender update: this update never completes, always has an error, is there a way around said error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/widow-defender-update/dc1b3a72-8228-4f6e-857a-417ad78a80cc
  10. Defender Firewall

Defender Firewall: Is it possible to turn off Windows Defender virus scan but KEEP Defender Firewall? If so how. Thanx McM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/defender-firewall/a6fb611b-30bc-45c5-a397-da055b86cc53"