Windows 10: widows hello pin number

Discus and support widows hello pin number in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; It seems that out of nowhere my computer and Microsoft accounts began to ask me for a pin number. I guess I setup a pin a longtime ago and forgot, but... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by bnazari, Apr 17, 2020.

1. bnazari Win User

widows hello pin number

It seems that out of nowhere my computer and Microsoft accounts began to ask me for a pin number. I guess I setup a pin a longtime ago and forgot, but when I select change my pin it just takes me back to the same screen and it just seems to be a circle of getting nowhere. when I do enter a pin number and its wrong I'm being told that the dictionary attack mitigation has been triggered. I assume that's bad. can anyone help me out?

:)

bnazari, Apr 17, 2020
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Apr 17, 2020
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    Windows Hello and Pin sign on

Hello Adam,

There are a number of reasons why you can’t set up Windows Hello and Pin at the same time. To isolate the issue, we would like you to answer the following questions:

• Are you trying to set up Windows Hello using a Microsoft or a Local account?
    • Have you made any recent changes on your device?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Apr 17, 2020
  4. widows hello pin number

windows hello and pin

Hi,

This error code is usually caused by corrupted Windows system files. For better assistance, we would like to ask the following:

• What happens when you're trying to set up Windows Hello or a pin on your computer?
    • Is there an error message displayed when setting up Windows Hello or a pin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • How did you reinstall Windows?

Looking forward to your reply so we can provide the best resolution for you.

Gerard Qui, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

widows hello pin number

1. widows hello pin number - Similar Threads - widows hello pin

2. With the PIN number

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    With the PIN number: If have the PIN number can I recover my password ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/with-the-pin-number/5b734163-f1c7-4844-b440-7f1c5b9c3e73
  3. With the PIN number

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    With the PIN number: If have the PIN number can I recover my password ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/with-the-pin-number/5b734163-f1c7-4844-b440-7f1c5b9c3e73
  4. A pin number

A pin number: Two days back I had registered on a website to have something delivered after that windows requested a pin number. Now its been 2 days and I HAVE not seen a pin number period, so what is going on guys????!!!!...
  5. PIN Number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN Number: I'm locked out of Windows 10...asking for pin number...can't recall. I've tried system restore, and all other auto repair functions, etc. Nothing.Please help.Mike Pasic *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  6. PIN Number

PIN Number: I'm locked out of Windows 10...asking for pin number...can't recall. I've tried system restore, and all other auto repair functions, etc. Nothing.Please help.Mike Pasic *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  7. PIN numbers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN numbers: My son is being asked for a PIN number? I do not remember a PIN or ever having one. I think he is trying to buy something for his xbox. How do I reset the PIN number for my Microsoft account? Or is it separate for and xbox account?...
  8. Pin number

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pin number: I'm set up a new email its asking for my pin number, I dont have or remember it, How do I find or change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-number/75f76bc1-329c-4a37-bc52-5ab634cf84b0
  9. pin number

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    pin number: I don't remember my pin # https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-number/8ba158ec-df4d-4ae8-9db4-3cad57862f9e
  10. “Widows Hello is not available on this device”

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    “Widows Hello is not available on this device”: Following recent windows anniversary major update, windows hello is no longer available. As a result, the finger print scanning stopped working and it is not showing as sign in option. I have been using Biometric (validity sensor) driver -windows 10 Pro 64 bit. Is there any...