Windows 10: Widows Update Shares Information to Unrelated Computers

Discus and support Widows Update Shares Information to Unrelated Computers in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After the recent Widows update, this computer has the bookmarks of my wife’s computer and her computer has my bookmarks. Also, her Office programs has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PeterCarlo, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Widows Update Shares Information to Unrelated Computers

After the recent Widows update, this computer has the bookmarks of my wife’s computer and her computer has my bookmarks. Also, her Office programs has my computer color background and my computer has hers. This is easy to fix, but I wanted to know if you have had other people mention this problem.

:)

PeterCarlo, Aug 14, 2018

2. Unable to share information from HomeGroup on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you with connecting to the HomeGroup network.

Do let us know the following information to assist you better with this issue:

• What exactly happens when you try to share any information on your computers?
    • Which troubleshooter have you deployed to resolve the issue?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message with this issue?
    • Were you able to see the other computer under newly created HomeGroup?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Turn on network discovery on both the computers

• Press Windows key, type sharing and click on
      Manage advanced sharing settings.

• Under Private, Network discovery, check mark the option
      Turn on network discovery.

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: I suggest you to run
    HomeGroup troubleshooter if not yet tried and check.

HomeGroup troubleshooter finds and fix problems with viewing computers or shared folders in a HomeGroup.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Control Panel.

• In the Control Panel window, select
      Category and then select Large icons.

• Click on Troubleshooting.

• Click View all and then click on
      HomeGroup.

• Follow the on-screen instructions.

Step 3: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on Windows 10 computer that you performed reset on.

• Connect to the internet.

• Press Windows
      key and type updates.

• Click on Check for updates.

• Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.

• Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 14, 2018
  3. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Aug 14, 2018
  4. Guitar Win User

Widows Update Shares Information to Unrelated Computers

Steam Game Sharing?

Gaming articles on Engadget

This sounds pretty awesome, if true. There are a lot of old games I don't play that I'd be willing to share with friends, and there are some that I'd want to play but not sure about actually buying as well.

Guitar, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

Widows Update Shares Information to Unrelated Computers

1. Widows Update Shares Information to Unrelated Computers - Similar Threads - Widows Update Shares

2. Widows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Widows Update: I have had the windows update screen interrupt my work twice even when I have paused updates for 4 weeks ! I believe someone has hi-jacked the update screen, the reason I say this is because my cursor was moving around the screen then some personal information popped up on...
  3. Widows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Widows Update: I have had the windows update screen interrupt my work twice even when I have paused updates for 4 weeks ! I believe someone has hi-jacked the update screen, the reason I say this is because my cursor was moving around the screen then some personal information popped up on...
  4. Widows UPDATION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Widows UPDATION: I had purchased DELL laptop with Windows 7 home premium. Till date I am using the same.i want to migrate to windows 10 and I cant buy. I am 67 years old. Can I get it free of cost. My laptop DELL inspiron 5520...
  5. Widows UPDATION

Widows UPDATION: I had purchased DELL laptop with Windows 7 home premium. Till date I am using the same.i want to migrate to windows 10 and I cant buy. I am 67 years old. Can I get it free of cost. My laptop DELL inspiron 5520...
  6. Widows Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Widows Updates: Why do Windows Updates take SO long to install in Win 10? Today it took 10 minutes to install a 4mb update for Windows Defender!!! Surely this excessive?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/widows-updates/dd8c7fd1-bb72-4bb9-91da-b35413c65eef
  7. Widows updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Widows updates: I have two Win 10 machines. One is a Dell PC and the other is a HP laptop. My problem is the Dell will update with no problems. However the HP will not upgrade Cumulative updates both for Quality and Device I understand that you cannot interchange the " software distribution"...
  8. Widow update

Widow update: It has been trying to update my window for 2004 or 2020 version. Mine is 1009 version . So in the end it fails. Only waste my time and data money. How can I stop the update for 2020 or 2004 version?...
  9. Widows 10 - can not share folders on one of two computers.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Widows 10 - can not share folders on one of two computers.: I have 2 windows 10 computers and can see both on the network but can not access shared files on one computer despite hours of checking permissions, following suggestionms on forums. Help please....
  10. 2 computers sharing information

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2 computers sharing information: I think I have very good 'basic' computers skills, but I've never gotting into networking stuff. I have 2 desktops in my house and have one with windows 10 pro now and I'm upgrading the other one to 10 also. I've never tried this before but I'm wanting to know can I have...