Windows 10: Widows Updates Doesn't Let You Know It's Updating

Discus and support Widows Updates Doesn't Let You Know It's Updating in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I can't tell you the number of times my computer has been stuck on a screen when starting or is just running so slow that I figure it's hung up so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by seamonkey10, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Widows Updates Doesn't Let You Know It's Updating

I can't tell you the number of times my computer has been stuck on a screen when starting or is just running so slow that I figure it's hung up so I just do a hard reboot. I'm always a little surprised when it says "working on updates" on the restart. I figure by this time I've literally interrupted about 20 updates over the course of this computer's life, and I know my Windows is probably riddled with corrupted files.

There's no way I would do this if I was aware of what the computer is doing, but that information is never relayed in an efficient way.

Also, I don't understand why the updates don't just download slowly in the background and let you know when they're ready to be installed. First of all, there's nothing worse than needing to do a quick bit of work on your computer and being held hostage to an update eating all your system's resources. If the updates let me know when they were ready to be installed, I could do my work, then hit "update" when I'm done. And if there was some sort of window that let me know what was going on, I would be aware if what is happening, and wouldn't think my system is hung up and feel the need to do a hard reboot.

I feel there needs to be better communication for the end user when updates are taking place.

:)

seamonkey10, Jun 18, 2019
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Widows Updates Doesn't Let You Know It's Updating [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jun 18, 2019
  3. Double Tap doesn`t work on Lumia 620

Hello,

Double Tap to wake doesn`t work at my Lumia 620. I have all on in settings but still doesn`t work. I`m pretty sure that in update AMBER or BLACK this function works properly. But after DENIM update doesn`t. Maybe you are planning some update for this future
    ?

Thanks

Mariusz

MariuszBluma, Jun 18, 2019
  4. CyrrusV Win User

Widows Updates Doesn't Let You Know It's Updating

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Jun 18, 2019
Thema:

Widows Updates Doesn't Let You Know It's Updating

1. Widows Updates Doesn't Let You Know It's Updating - Similar Threads - Widows Updates Doesn't

2. Widows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Widows Update: I have had the windows update screen interrupt my work twice even when I have paused updates for 4 weeks ! I believe someone has hi-jacked the update screen, the reason I say this is because my cursor was moving around the screen then some personal information popped up on...
  3. Widows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Widows Update: I have had the windows update screen interrupt my work twice even when I have paused updates for 4 weeks ! I believe someone has hi-jacked the update screen, the reason I say this is because my cursor was moving around the screen then some personal information popped up on...
  4. Widows UPDATION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Widows UPDATION: I had purchased DELL laptop with Windows 7 home premium. Till date I am using the same.i want to migrate to windows 10 and I cant buy. I am 67 years old. Can I get it free of cost. My laptop DELL inspiron 5520...
  5. Widows UPDATION

Widows UPDATION: I had purchased DELL laptop with Windows 7 home premium. Till date I am using the same.i want to migrate to windows 10 and I cant buy. I am 67 years old. Can I get it free of cost. My laptop DELL inspiron 5520...
  6. Widows Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Widows Updates: Why do Windows Updates take SO long to install in Win 10? Today it took 10 minutes to install a 4mb update for Windows Defender!!! Surely this excessive?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/widows-updates/dd8c7fd1-bb72-4bb9-91da-b35413c65eef
  7. Widows updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Widows updates: I have two Win 10 machines. One is a Dell PC and the other is a HP laptop. My problem is the Dell will update with no problems. However the HP will not upgrade Cumulative updates both for Quality and Device I understand that you cannot interchange the " software distribution"...
  8. Widow update

Widow update: It has been trying to update my window for 2004 or 2020 version. Mine is 1009 version . So in the end it fails. Only waste my time and data money. How can I stop the update for 2020 or 2004 version?...
  9. Just to let you know

in Windows 10 Support
    Just to let you know: I never had a forced restart because of an update. I used Win10 since it came out on 2 desktops and a laptop (soon 2) and when I used the laptop I left it quite often on and no forced restarts. It would update when I clicked "update and shut down". - - - Updated - - - Also,...
  10. widows updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    widows updates: Hello community~ need some feedback on my Microsoft surface windows updates. new out of box and when windows OS is getting upgraded, it gets STUCK at 81%. this is the 4th time it gets stuck at this 81%. overnighted the upgrade and still at 81%. any way to "push" this updated...