Windows 10: width of the active window title bar adjustment

Discus and support width of the active window title bar adjustment in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In Win7 it was possible to change the width of the title bar in the active or the inactive windows. You could also change the border thickness as well... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by IBEXLimited, Aug 20, 2019.

1. width of the active window title bar adjustment

In Win7 it was possible to change the width of the title bar in the active or the inactive windows. You could also change the border thickness as well as the width of the scroll bar, etc.

I can not find these options in Win10!!

It is still beyond me as to why you guys keep on changing stuff that worked ok ?! At least you could leave an option for some users to get the same interface as prior windows.

:)

IBEXLimited, Aug 20, 2019

2. Adjust scroll bar width

The scroll bar width can be adjusted with a free app called Winaero Tweaker.

QuentinPackard, Aug 20, 2019
  3. 888jay Win User
    Adjust scroll bar width

How do I adjust the default scroll bar width in Windows 10? It's narrower than it was in Windows 7 and I'm having a difficult time getting my cursor on it.

888jay, Aug 20, 2019
  4. width of the active window title bar adjustment

Adjust scroll bar width

Hi,

To address the issue with scroll bar width in Windows 10, you may adjust the setting from the Registry Editor. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows key + R to open Run.
    • Type in regedit and press Enter.
    • Go to this location: HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Control Panel/Desktop/Windows Metrics.
    • On the right panel, look for ScrollWidth.
    • Change the value to -225.
    • Close Registry Editor.
    • Restart PC.

Please note that this task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the
    registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
    How to back up and restore the registry in Windows.

Let us know how it goes.

Josette Sal, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

width of the active window title bar adjustment

1. width of the active window title bar adjustment - Similar Threads - width active window

2. Short Width Search Bar

in Cortana
    Short Width Search Bar: So I Opened My Other Computer and i noticed that the search bar is kinda short1st image: my computer2nd image: came from another computeri compared both of the imageshow do i make the search bar wider?...
  3. Short Width Search Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Short Width Search Bar: So I Opened My Other Computer and i noticed that the search bar is kinda short1st image: my computer2nd image: came from another computeri compared both of the imageshow do i make the search bar wider?...
  4. Short Width Search Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows missing Title Bar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows missing Title Bar?: I have 2 PCs running Windows 10 PRO. I"m not sure what its actually called, but on the desktop, when I open a window - browser, Syncback, whatever, the top of the window has a bar with the name of the program (title bar, I think). [img] On the LAPTOP, there is NO bar at...
  6. Window title bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Window title bar: [ATTACH] Anyone know if its possible to display the 4 windows like this but without the title bar along the top of each window? https://preview.redd.it/a86t468p5p141.jpg?width=1908&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=047e083d08c51455c01fa7d1ddafe47c6c732066 submitted by /u/yenmiT...
  7. Title Bar Hidden

in Windows 10 Customization
    Title Bar Hidden: Windows 10 -- something strange happened to my home/start screen. I was able to restore app icons, start menu, etc. But now, when I open any program or app, the title bar is hidden. If I move the mouse all the way to the top of the screen, I can get the "red X" for closing...
  8. windows 7 title bar

windows 7 title bar: One of the things ive seen in windows 10 is the new title bar style wich is okay but using these is weird [ATTACH] But back in windows 7 we used other type of title bar [ATTACH] we used that one. The point here is that, in windows 10 there is something hidden behind the...
  9. Colored Windows Title Bars

Colored Windows Title Bars: No Colored Windows Title Bars. I had this problem with my other computer. That computer had myriad of problems including the white title bar problem. To fix it I, (on the advise of someone on this forum), download a file. That fixed the problem. For all the...
  10. Adjusting taskbar, title bar and start menu colors/settings separately

Adjusting taskbar, title bar and start menu colors/settings separately: Hi, I've just upgraded to Windows 10 for a second time. The first installation was in 2015 to a backup laptop when they were first promoting it and I hated it so much that I never installed it on my main computer. However, for memory reasons, I've just upgraded to 10 on my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. width of a windows title bar