Windows 10: Wierd activation problem - wndows 10

Discus and support Wierd activation problem - wndows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I originally obtained windows 10 using a Windows 7 activation key. I believe it said that the W7 key would be voided when doing so. Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DADDYCHEW, Aug 16, 2020.

1. DADDYCHEW Win User

Wierd activation problem - wndows 10

I originally obtained windows 10 using a Windows 7 activation key. I believe it said that the W7 key would be voided when doing so. Windows 10 installed no hastles and has been running for about a year now, no hastles.

The system was running overnight. When I sat down this afternoon I was greated by a watermark in the lower right stating that I needed to activate Windows. When attempting to activate, on activation screen it says it can't access my "organisation's activation server" error 0x8007007B. On further investigation I find it has changed the version from Home to Enterprise!

I try to replace the key with the Windows 7 on I originally used but it won't accept it.

Any ideas??

:)

DADDYCHEW, Aug 16, 2020

2. Problem with my activation in windows 10 - Genuinity

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to activate the copy of Windows 10 via phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select your Region/Country.
    • Select the Phone Activation option, and hold on for a real person.
    Hope the information is helpful.

Regards

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 16, 2020
  3. Juzar_Ali Win User
    activation problem

Hi,

I suggest you to go through Phone activation to activate your Windows 10 copy.

To run Phone activation please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.

• Type slui 4 and hit enter.

• Select the Country or
      Region.

• Follow the on screen instructions.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Aug 16, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Aug 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Wierd activation problem - wndows 10 - Similar Threads - Wierd activation problem

2. Failed to activate wndows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed to activate wndows: Hello, I use Windows 10. I have the latest updates Anyway, I cannot view my Alexa app it says failed to activate windows. I have uninstalled, re-installed it what can I do?...
  3. Failed to activate wndows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failed to activate wndows: Hello, I use Windows 10. I have the latest updates Anyway, I cannot view my Alexa app it says failed to activate windows. I have uninstalled, re-installed it what can I do?...
  4. Not updating Wndows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not updating Wndows 10: The text says that updates cannot be done because of various issues with security and quality etc. The error code is 0x80070564. Anybody knows what that means? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-updating-wndows-10/75994618-3993-4cc4-8528-5f456c1efa09
  5. Wndows 10 pro activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Wndows 10 pro activation: i need help reactivating windows 10 pro on my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wndows-10-pro-activation/c18961d8-1c1b-421c-aa42-b0afb5a2a4d0
  6. Wndows error activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Wndows error activation: so my problem is I recently bought windows 10 pro version and activated them, I didn't have any problems with the activation but after a while to the bottom of my screen it says activate windows. When I restart my PC it will go away but after a while it will appear again, if...
  7. Wndows 10 Plus Priinter/Font Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wndows 10 Plus Priinter/Font Problem: I was finisheds typing a business letter and was ready to print it. Pressed the Printing ICON and as soon as I pressed the fonts icon the fonts went from normal size to tiny letters . This affect.ed everything in Edge, FB, emails, etc. How do I get my normal size fonts back...
  8. Wndows 10, 1903 update problems.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wndows 10, 1903 update problems.: I have tried updating to 1903 from 1803 several times keeping my programs intact. Each time I do I run into the following problems: 1) When I right click the windows icon on the bottom left and bring up the menu with "Apps and Features" several items will not open,...
  9. Wierd Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Wierd Problem: I do not even know where to put this. My client has Windows 10 on her laptop. She has no idea what she did or touched and I have no idea how to fix this. If you look at the picture, the icons are missing on the desktop and the start menu and apps are all the way up to the...
  10. Wierd Problem- please help!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wierd Problem- please help!: I put windows 10 on my test machine that was running 8.1 pro everything went smoothly I have not had a real time last night to play around with it so i shut the pc down When turning it on this morning I got the Windows Screen and now everything is black. I have a mouse...