Windows 10: Wierd bsod

Discus and support Wierd bsod in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I used the windows installation tool to install windows to a usb and the usb got corrupted, I tried to install windows to see what would happen and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jdb87002, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Wierd bsod

I used the windows installation tool to install windows to a usb and the usb got corrupted, I tried to install windows to see what would happen and when I booted to the usb it showed a black screen that said “windows media corrupted”etc. I select recover usb and I got a wierd bsod not like any other. It looked like the old msdos bsod does anyone have a image of this? I wasn’t able to get one ( the machine was running windows 7 and I was trying to install windows 10)

submitted by /u/jdb87002
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jdb87002, Sep 5, 2020
  2. Frick Win User

Wierd BSOD with no info

There is no error code, that's the wierd thing. It happens just when it's about to enter windows. The loading screen comes up for a while, then it comes.

Frick, Sep 5, 2020
  3. Frick Win User
    Wierd BSOD with no info

Hey all.

So I'm helping this friend of mine with formating and reinstalling everything. Everything works alright, I install WinXP and the programs he wants and drivers and whatnot, and after I installed some programs (mail clients, printers and some other stuff) I restarted the computer and WHAM!; a BSOD.

Now here's where it's wierd: It doesn't have an error. It only says that a serious problem was encountered and Windows was shut down to prevent it from being unstable or something. Then it goes on to give some possible anwers: The system is out of space, there's some driver problems and I should start in safe mode to see what it is, and finally it says that perhaps I should replace the graphic card. There is no error code.

Specs:

Windows XP Home SP3
    2GB Random DDR
    A64 3500+
    Some Gigabyte motherboard with the nForce 6100 chipset (or whatever it's called)
    250GB HDD and random DVD burners.

Safe mode works. And I restored it to a point I made when I first had installed windows, but no luck there.

I don't think I've ever encounter a BSOD like that before. Makes no sense imo.

And a final note: For a while the computer cut the power everytime I tried to do something with the on board nic. Very wierd, and I do mean ANYTHING. But after I disabled it in BIOS and then enabled it everything was peaches, until the BSOD happened. I thought for a while the mobo was dying, but everything worked after the bios thing.

So I call out to you! Any ideas?

Thanks for looking! *Smile Wierd bsod :)

Frick, Sep 5, 2020
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Wierd bsod

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

Thema:

Wierd bsod

1. Wierd bsod - Similar Threads - Wierd bsod

2. Wierd Recovery folder in C:\

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wierd Recovery folder in C:\: Hello, I was using treesize program to check for anyting unnusual and i noticed a Recovery folder in my C:\ that has a AutoApply foler and a OEM folder. Inside the AutoApply folder there's another folder called CustomizationFiles and inside of it is a exe called overseer.exe....
  3. Wierd Recovery folder in C:\

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wierd Recovery folder in C:\: Hello, I was using treesize program to check for anyting unnusual and i noticed a Recovery folder in my C:\ that has a AutoApply foler and a OEM folder. Inside the AutoApply folder there's another folder called CustomizationFiles and inside of it is a exe called overseer.exe....
  4. Wierd Recovery folder in C:\

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. anyone know how i fix my serial i changed them with a spoofer and they look wierd and some...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    anyone know how i fix my serial i changed them with a spoofer and they look wierd and some...: anyone got any ideas on how to fix my serial or somehing that could make them be fine again and also the game that doesnt work is roblox the most annoying some just close some times i think its bc of that....
  6. anyone know how i fix my serial i changed them with a spoofer and they look wierd and some...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    anyone know how i fix my serial i changed them with a spoofer and they look wierd and some...: anyone got any ideas on how to fix my serial or somehing that could make them be fine again and also the game that doesnt work is roblox the most annoying some just close some times i think its bc of that....
  7. anyone know how i fix my serial i changed them with a spoofer and they look wierd and some...

8. WIERD POP UP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIERD POP UP: WHEN I SURF THE NET/OPEN FOLDERS I GOT THE NOT RESPONDING MESSAGE ALSO IN THIS WEBSITE AND DON'T BRING FOR ME ALL THE ACTIONS IN ACTIONS JUST SOMETHING HELPFUL+ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wierd-pop-up/a3ec7a64-0ecd-4905-bfd0-2f09fdd65e3d
  9. WIERD POP UP

WIERD POP UP: WHEN I SURF THE NET/OPEN FOLDERS I GOT THE NOT RESPONDING MESSAGE ALSO IN THIS WEBSITE AND DON'T BRING FOR ME ALL THE ACTIONS IN ACTIONS JUST SOMETHING HELPFUL+ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wierd-pop-up/a3ec7a64-0ecd-4905-bfd0-2f09fdd65e3d
  10. WIERD POP UP

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade