Windows 10: Wierd changes to my laptop overnight

Discus and support Wierd changes to my laptop overnight in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I opened my laptop this morning and right after I enter my password and log in to the computer, it restarted and here are some things that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by YoussefMaged1, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Wierd changes to my laptop overnight

So I opened my laptop this morning and right after I enter my password and log in to the computer, it restarted and here are some things that I noticed:

- Kaspersky has disappeared from my computer and whenever I try to open it from the shortcut it says that the file has been moved or deleted

- My laptop's fan is running at a higher speed than usual and its a bit louder even when absolutely no programs are active

- At the password entry screen normally there is a different background every time I open the laptop usually of some beautiful scenery, and now its the same one every time I restart

- Also whenever I used to shut down my laptop with wifi on, and open it again wifi is still connected even when I'm not enabling the connect automatically feature, however now, it is always not connected

- I also noticed that there are a fewer icons on system tray other than kaspersky disappearing I cant really remember what were they

All these changes are very subtle except kaspersky disappearing and the fan speed but they are very fishy. Could this be malware? Or is it just a weird windows 10 update? I dont remember it updating the last time i shut down my pc though. Also how do I fix this or find out what's wrong?

:)

YoussefMaged1, Apr 30, 2020
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Apr 30, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Apr 30, 2020
  4. JLAF5150 Win User

Wierd changes to my laptop overnight

2 wierd issues with my laptop??

Hey Everybody,

I have a newer laptop that is a Dell, now I reinstalled windows 10 without the Dell bloat and now when I first bootup I have to hit CTRL + ALT + DEL to get the password window to show up even tho I did not enable that feature in Windows.. I t does not do that on a restart ony when I first turn on the laptop after it has been off overnight.

I also have another wierd anamoly that Bit Locker is installed and was enabled on my drive and I was reading about bit locker it should only be avaialble on Win 10 Pro, I was wondering why it was there and encrypting my drive..?

JLAF5150, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

Wierd changes to my laptop overnight

1. Wierd changes to my laptop overnight - Similar Threads - Wierd changes laptop

2. Pin changed overnight

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin changed overnight: I turned my computer on and my regular pin wouldn't unlock it. In fact the check for whether the pin was correct or not wouldn't even run at 4 characters, it would force me to hit enter. I logged in from my Microsoft account and changed the pin back.Perhaps unrelated, but...
  3. Pin changed overnight

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pin changed overnight: I turned my computer on and my regular pin wouldn't unlock it. In fact the check for whether the pin was correct or not wouldn't even run at 4 characters, it would force me to hit enter. I logged in from my Microsoft account and changed the pin back.Perhaps unrelated, but...
  4. Pin changed overnight

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Did my laptop collapse overnight?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Did my laptop collapse overnight?: Greetings. Hope some of you good folks may have an idea about this situation here it is:So before the situation i passed out asleep near my laptop still loaded and everything and around 8 or so hours pass when i wake up i notice my laptop is "asleep" and when i woke him up i...
  6. Did my laptop collapse overnight?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Did my laptop collapse overnight?: Greetings. Hope some of you good folks may have an idea about this situation here it is:So before the situation i passed out asleep near my laptop still loaded and everything and around 8 or so hours pass when i wake up i notice my laptop is "asleep" and when i woke him up i...
  7. Did my laptop collapse overnight?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. My notebook wierd noises

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My notebook wierd noises: Hi when i plug my notebook in charger it starts making wierd like sqeezy noises i dont know why its not very old the notebook is 6months old i dont know of its a big problem o i should ignore it....
  9. 2 wierd issues with my laptop??

in Windows 10 Support
    2 wierd issues with my laptop??: Hey Everybody, I have a newer laptop that is a Dell, now I reinstalled windows 10 without the Dell bloat and now when I first bootup I have to hit CTRL + ALT + DEL to get the password window to show up even tho I did not enable that feature in Windows.. I t does not do that...
  10. Wierd issue with my Laptop connecting in P2P games ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wierd issue with my Laptop connecting in P2P games ?: I will try to keep it as organized as I can and mention as much info as I can. First off, I'm neither a tech expert, nor am I a caveman. So bear with me. So the issue is that I can't join sessions / matches in P2P games. I can play fine with my PS3 but not on my Laptop....