Windows 10: Wierd issue when deleting files/folders

Discus and support Wierd issue when deleting files/folders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey I got a wierd issue when i try to delete anyfile, folder or program that is installed on my windows 10 pc. When i try to delete a text... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Cadias, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Cadias Win User

Wierd issue when deleting files/folders

Hey

I got a wierd issue when i try to delete anyfile, folder or program that is installed on my windows 10 pc.

When i try to delete a text document from my desktop:
    1: I mark the document i want to delete and press "DEL". This will make my pc freeze for about 2 seconds before it flickers black and then back again. File is not deleted and there is no error.
    2: I mark the document and i use the right click dropdown menu to use the delete option from there. Same thing will happen.
    3: Tryed using CMD to delete the folder by doing " del C:\Users\Public\Pictures\Sample Pictures" in CMD. CMD will tell me that he dident find the files.
    4: Tryed Changing promission in every single file i tryed deleting. This dident do anything.
    5: downloaded a 3rd party software called Unlucker to see if it could help me out. When trying to delete anything with it it crashes.

Im empty... No clue what is going on and files are all over the place.
    Hope someone here has the answare to my issue.

Kristoffer ""

:)

Cadias, Jul 21, 2016
  2. Mridha Win User

help with IMAP email account (cannot delete emails)

I have a wierd problem using the HTC Touch. When I delete messages on my Phone, they go to Deleted Items and when I send/recieve the next time - it goes OFF away from the deleted items - BUT remains on the server.

Wierd: The Deleted Items folder on my Phone looks like a local folder (I cant subscribe or unsubscribe) but it shows on my Outlook and Webmail as a folder I need to subscribe to and when I do I can see the messages (on the server).\

Can I so it such that when I delete things on me Phone, it goes to Deleted Items, but I should view it from my Cell Phone as well. Also, this may not be for Mobile but you may know:

Can I get Outlook 2007 to mvoe messages to Deleted Items (a IMAP folder) when I click Delete? I am trying to do the same for Horde Mail.

Thanks

-Muhammad

Mridha, Jul 21, 2016
  3. Issue Syncing OneNote with SkyDrive

So I deleted some files in the personal folder on Skydrive and all of the sudden it synced. So I guess now it is working. Wierd.

Thank you for your help. I would not have been able to get it without your help.

By the way, when is the Mango update coming? Also will you be able to sync directly to Outlook?

NicholasSaich, Jul 21, 2016
Thema:

Wierd issue when deleting files/folders

1. Wierd issue when deleting files/folders - Similar Threads - Wierd issue deleting

2. Deleting Folders/Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting Folders/Files: I have an unwanted folder that contains an exe file called quandam.exe. The exe file continuously produces more exe files, which are adwawres. When attempting to delete it normally, I get the error message: 'Folder In Use'. When attempting to delete it in command prompt, the...
  3. Outlook issues with empting deleted files from folder

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Outlook issues with empting deleted files from folder: I get an error message when I try to empty files from my deleted / trash folders. It says I'm not connected to the server, but that cannot be because I am receiving and sending messages....
  4. Issue with Microsoft one drive when deleting files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with Microsoft one drive when deleting files: My issue is with one drive. I noticed the other day I deleted some old files on my one drive on my Android phone. When I fired up my PC. I noticed that my recycle bin showed items in it. I opened it up and it was filling it up with one drive files. I emptied it about 4 times...
  5. Secure 'File / Folder Deletion'

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Secure 'File / Folder Deletion': As I understand it, when you delete a file, that file can still be 'recovered'. I believe that - even if you Empty the Recycle Bin - a smart 'crook' who manages to gain access to your PC can 'still' recover sensitive files you've deleted (for example, files that include...
  6. Wierd message when accessing FireFox

in Browsers and Email
    Wierd message when accessing FireFox: In the last couple of days, I'm getting a message window when accessing FireFox. The message reads: Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access this item. If I erase the message and retry Firefox, it...
  7. Wierd File Explorer Behavior

in Windows 10 Support
    Wierd File Explorer Behavior: Just wondering if this is happening to anyone else. Whenever I right click on a shortcut and select 'Open File Location' of course File Explorer opens up as it should to the location that the shortcut points to. The weird thing is that when I close File Explorer, it...
  8. Can't delete files/folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete files/folders: I have extracted some emulation files into my internal G: drive, and I decided they aren't what I needed and tried to delete them. Most of the files deleted but I have 3 folders and several files that will not delete. I can't delete the files (which have no extension), nor...
  9. Safe to delete these folders and file?

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe to delete these folders and file?: Doing a little house cleaning today and I ran across two folders and a file that I believe can be safely deleted. The folders are empty and the file is 0 bytes. Can I safely delete them? [img] 76096
  10. Folders and files that will not delete

in Windows 10 Support
    Folders and files that will not delete: I recently deleted some mp3 files and folders, then when I emptied the Recycle Bin I inadvertently answered "no" to the "are you sure you want to delete these files" question. Now they are sitting on my recent files / frequent folders page and will not delete again. When you...