Windows 10: Wierd local acc pin login problem

Discus and support Wierd local acc pin login problem in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So out of the blue I cant enter the whole password to login on the local account which is the one i always use. idont remember the pass for the other... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by pokerjoker, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Wierd local acc pin login problem

So out of the blue I cant enter the whole password to login on the local account which is the one i always use. idont remember the pass for the other live connected one.

Wierd thing is I can only enter numbers, but not letters which is a new thing. It was working the morning. Did windows force some stupid update.

the letter keys work in the live login thing. so thats not the problem*Eek

:)

pokerjoker, Nov 6, 2016

2. How can I stop Windows 10 from asking me for a password when I need to log off and back in?

didn't you remove other account aside from the local account you just created?

if you have 2 accounts (1 ms acc and 1 local acc) of course Windows will ask you which to log in and ask for login credentials.

5a5d6cb6-7934-4184-8f8b-e1d16573aa87, Nov 6, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 Build 16299.19 Double Login Screen Problem

Thank you for your reply.

To overcome the inconvenience of not being able to login with a PIN, I changed my login to "local PC" and no longer "my Microsoft email". My local login uses the 4-digit PIN as its password. This work-around is satisfactory for now until Microsoft is able
    to restore the PIN login feature.

BTW: I never experienced the "double login" issue.

Hal in Maryland, Nov 6, 2016
Thema:

Wierd local acc pin login problem

1. Wierd local acc pin login problem - Similar Threads - Wierd local acc

2. New local account without applications from main acc admin acc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New local account without applications from main acc admin acc: Hi i would like to ask if i can somehow create another account on my computer without applications and accessibility to my main admin account. I try it many times but every time i try it there are allways aplications from my main admin acc. So i would like to know if it is...
  3. New local account without applications from main acc admin acc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New local account without applications from main acc admin acc: Hi i would like to ask if i can somehow create another account on my computer without applications and accessibility to my main admin account. I try it many times but every time i try it there are allways aplications from my main admin acc. So i would like to know if it is...
  4. Microsoft Pin Login Problem

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft Pin Login Problem: I bought a new computer with Windows 10 and everything has worked fine until today and I can not get to my desktop . At the Microsoft sign in it asks you for your pin, but it does not recognize my pin. I get this message, Your credentials could not be verified. Something is...
  5. Problem login in with windows 10 PIN

Problem login in with windows 10 PIN: My computer went with no battery and turned off. After that I couldn´t login any more. It says "Somtehing happened and your PIN isn´t available. Click to set up PIN again" Below that there a Set up my PIN but it is doing nothing when I click on it. There is no way I can...
  6. Login Problems: PIN is not available

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Login Problems: PIN is not available: There is an ongoing problem with Windows 10 when logging in. After providing my PIN number I get a message that says "your PIN is not available." I then am given an option to re-set my PIN. Starting this process I'm asked for my password, which is accepted. Then I'm...
  7. Problem with Login Screen Pin and Password

Problem with Login Screen Pin and Password: I used to be able to login without typing in my password, a few days ago Windows wanted me to create a pin and that's when my problem started. After creating the pin now I have to use that every time I login instead of what I normally did. I keep my PC in sleep mode most of...
  8. face recognition and PIN login problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    face recognition and PIN login problem: I have a brand new Microsoft Surface Laptop running Windows 10. After the initial startup and setting of a new PIN and face recognition the it automatically updated. On attempting to login face recognition attempted to engage and login several times until that locked as a...
  9. Wierd Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Wierd Problem: I do not even know where to put this. My client has Windows 10 on her laptop. She has no idea what she did or touched and I have no idea how to fix this. If you look at the picture, the icons are missing on the desktop and the start menu and apps are all the way up to the...
  10. Wierd Problem- please help!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wierd Problem- please help!: I put windows 10 on my test machine that was running 8.1 pro everything went smoothly I have not had a real time last night to play around with it so i shut the pc down When turning it on this morning I got the Windows Screen and now everything is black. I have a mouse...