Windows 10: Wierd .lua files opening in notepad accident

Discus and support Wierd .lua files opening in notepad accident in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was downloading Davinci Resolve because my PC reset recently then while trying to download Reactor 3 from We Suck Less, I accidentally opened it with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LancesLance, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Wierd .lua files opening in notepad accident

I was downloading Davinci Resolve because my PC reset recently then while trying to download Reactor 3 from We Suck Less, I accidentally opened it with notepad and checked the box that says "always open .lua files with this app" with notepad. I have tried multiple things and it just doesn't want to work.

submitted by /u/LancesLance
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LancesLance, Feb 27, 2021

2. .lua files opening using a program that doesnt allow it to work.

By accident i set the .lua files to open with a program that doesn't allow it to work anymore, i need to know how i can stop the .lua file from opening with that program. I cant have it open the file with another program because it doesn't work when i
    do that, i need it to completely stop opening the program.

DawsonMorgan, Feb 27, 2021
  3. .lua files opening using a program that doesnt allow it to work.

Hello,

You can open LUA files using any text editor such as Notepad or WordPad. Just right click
    file and choose Open with from the drop-down menu. On the submenu click the text editor that you want to use or click on
    Choose another app.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Reymichael Ros, Feb 27, 2021
  4. Wierd .lua files opening in notepad accident

*.dat file is opening in Notepad

I accidently select the notepad for always use this program to open this type of file, but I want it to change to always ask which app to open it. Please help how to change it to default.

MuaazRamay, Feb 27, 2021
Thema:

Wierd .lua files opening in notepad accident

1. Wierd .lua files opening in notepad accident - Similar Threads - Wierd lua files

2. attachments opening wierdly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    attachments opening wierdly: When i click on an attachment now or a photo, instead of it opening it required me to save it first in windows and I don't want to do that. I want to OPEN it and then save it as I choose. It used to do that. I would click on the photo, once opened, and then choose save as....
  3. attachments opening wierdly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    attachments opening wierdly: When i click on an attachment now or a photo, instead of it opening it required me to save it first in windows and I don't want to do that. I want to OPEN it and then save it as I choose. It used to do that. I would click on the photo, once opened, and then choose save as....
  4. attachments opening wierdly

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Files opening with Notepad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files opening with Notepad: i have a issue where all my .rpf files are opening with notepad. how would i get them back to normal? the icon was a white piece of paper before if its any help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-opening-with-notepad/97a85f6f-c2f4-43a6-9c92-1e4e69ddaf28
  6. Converted .wad files to notepad by accident

Converted .wad files to notepad by accident: I downloaded a video game from steam and while I was browsing its contents I accidentally chose the option to always open up .wad files with notepad and now the game won't work. I chose to reset all default apps associated with files and then restarted my PC and that did...
  7. I opened a jar file with notepad accidently how do I revert that

I opened a jar file with notepad accidently how do I revert that: So I was trying to play with me friend and I needed to get a mod downloader for the game we were gonna play together so blah blah blah I downloaded the zip file extracted all and then tried to open the jar file but a window popped up and asked me how I wanted to open this...
  8. Rar files opening in Notepad

in Windows 10 Support
    Rar files opening in Notepad: I play games such as Sims 4 and I download custom content. A good portion of the stuff I download are RAR files. I accidentally clicked "Always open with notepad" and I can no longer get it to be just a normal file. I would like to know how to make it not open as a notepad...
  9. .smod file type accidently set to "open with" Notepad

in Windows 10 Customization
    .smod file type accidently set to "open with" Notepad: Well...… from what the subject says, I am stuck with a notepad being stuck to the .smod file association. The problem is I have no way to set it back to default, even when going into the registry. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] There are no guides I could find, no File association...
  10. accidently deleted notepad document

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    accidently deleted notepad document: I accidently deleted a notepad document. Can i get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/accidently-deleted-notepad-document/a9ab6603-e143-489d-92d6-4bf64ea53e12