Windows 10: wierd problem with many apps like file exporer, ms powerpoint, touchpad and function key

Discus and support wierd problem with many apps like file exporer, ms powerpoint, touchpad and function key in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; when i open file explorer or i have to choose a file from it, its address bar starts blinking and it doesnt stops until i press only fn key but after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SAHAJBHATT, Aug 29, 2020.

1. wierd problem with many apps like file exporer, ms powerpoint, touchpad and function key

when i open file explorer or i have to choose a file from it, its address bar starts blinking and it doesnt stops until i press only fn key but after sometimes, it starts again

same with touchpad, it stops working sometimes and when i press fn key, it starts working, after sometime, it again happens.

and while working in ms powerpoint, when i click new slide, it keeps on creating new slide unlimited until i press fn key, and when i copy paste a picture, it again keeps on pasting until i press fn key and after sometimes, all starts again

all are linked with function key

i dont know that its virus, technical issue or hardware issue

:)

SAHAJBHATT, Aug 29, 2020
  2. jaydeee Win User

PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile wierd problem with many apps like file exporer, ms powerpoint, touchpad and function key :)

jaydeee, Aug 29, 2020
  3. TouchPad problem

see attached screenshot of the keys after I re ran the scan

so i assume next steps are to have that program open that you suggested whilst using the laptop and then when the touchpad gets disabled to check if the keys have changed?

bartjunited, Aug 29, 2020
  4. geoffers Win User

wierd problem with many apps like file exporer, ms powerpoint, touchpad and function key

SOLVED: Laptop Touchpad fully functional, but not in Universal apps

OK - sorted it finally :
    • in step one/two above you delete the existing Synaptics drivers then have to reboot
    • unfortunately when the PC restarts it installs some generic touchpad drivers which have the basic functionality
    • So although step4 (run setup) appears to work, it hasn't actually done anything as the generic drivers are already there
    So what you have to do is this...

• In device manager, select the mouse device and click update drivers.
    • Then select Browse My Computer > Let me pick from a list > Have disk button, and select the folder with the new Synaptics drivers (I'm running 32-bit windows so selected ..\WinWDF\x86).
    • The green progress bar shows the drivers are loading, then when it's all done you now have the new functionality installed - RESULT!!!
    • wierd problem with many apps like file exporer, ms powerpoint, touchpad and function key [​IMG]

geoffers, Aug 29, 2020
Thema:

wierd problem with many apps like file exporer, ms powerpoint, touchpad and function key

1. wierd problem with many apps like file exporer, ms powerpoint, touchpad and function key - Similar Threads - wierd problem many

2. Problem with downloading powerpoint .pptx files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with downloading powerpoint .pptx files: Whenever I try and download a powerpoint file which are the form of all my school's lectures, my laptop infinitely downloads the file over and over again. Once I manage to click cancel, all the powerpoint files are deleted so I can't even open the file by the end....
  3. Problem with downloading powerpoint .pptx files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with downloading powerpoint .pptx files: Whenever I try and download a powerpoint file which are the form of all my school's lectures, my laptop infinitely downloads the file over and over again. Once I manage to click cancel, all the powerpoint files are deleted so I can't even open the file by the end....
  4. powerpoint problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    powerpoint problem: why is there a lag time between typing and my cursor moving in powerpoint in my new laptop? Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powerpoint-problem/2fc92f3b-6835-42a4-ae3c-17af085c0e7d
  5. powerpoint problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    powerpoint problem: why is there a lag time between typing and my cursor moving in powerpoint in my new laptop? Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powerpoint-problem/2fc92f3b-6835-42a4-ae3c-17af085c0e7d
  6. File exporer tree disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    File exporer tree disappeared: Hi all, new user here. Just one little problem. I just installed version 2004. Everything is working fine except that I have no explorer tree on the left side of my Quick Access window. I've tried everything I can think of to get it back but nothing works. There are 2 other...
  7. file exporer merge files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file exporer merge files: how do I merge a file with another that have the same name? Its a bbot file for a game system ive deleted the memory stick that was in it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-exporer-merge-files/ed3a51df-91b8-447b-a410-8da5fc21dcaf"
  8. Disabling Touchpad without a Secondary Function Key?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disabling Touchpad without a Secondary Function Key?: I just bought a new laptop recently, but I have noticed that there is no secondary function to turn off the touchpad (e.g. fn+F3 with an image of the touchpad). I also went into the Control Panel to attempt to turn it off, but even that didn't work. Can anyone help me with...
  9. Problem with PowerPoint and some apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with PowerPoint and some apps: When I use PowerPoint and start the slideshow, the screen shows half the slide and the same half screen is mirrored at a right angle. The same thing happens on some a live online demo I was watching. Any ideas what the problem is and how to fix. I'll try posting an image....
  10. Wierd Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Wierd Problem: I do not even know where to put this. My client has Windows 10 on her laptop. She has no idea what she did or touched and I have no idea how to fix this. If you look at the picture, the icons are missing on the desktop and the start menu and apps are all the way up to the...