Windows 10: Wierd Sound Issue with Windows Photos

Discus and support Wierd Sound Issue with Windows Photos in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, This is puzzling me. I have several small mp4 video files that I am putting end-to-end using Microsoft Photos. After the compilation is exported,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ArthurDent, Aug 6, 2021.

1. Wierd Sound Issue with Windows Photos

Hi, This is puzzling me. I have several small mp4 video files that I am putting end-to-end using Microsoft Photos. After the compilation is exported, the resulting video automatically plays in Photos with sound. However, if the compilation is opened in Films & TV, VLC Media Player or even in Photos again, the video plays correctly but with barely audible sound. By the way, the individual mp4 videos that make up the compilation play as expected with sound at normal volume. Any ideas as to what might be the problem? I've tried running the troubleshooter (Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshooter > Additional Troubleshooters > Windows Store Apps - no problem detected. I've tried resetting the photos app. (Search > apps > Apps & Features > Microsoft Photos > Advanced Options > Reset) I've also reset the MS Store Cache using WSReset.exe I had a problem yesterday with the Photos app (when exporting I got the error 0x887a0005 - update video driver) yet the driver is up-to-date (even ripped out of Device Mangler and restarted pc). So I uninstalled via PowerShell (Start > expand Windows Power Shell Folder [right-click / run as administrator] and typed in get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage then restarted the pc. To get photos back I went to https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/mi...otWierd Sound Issue with Windows Photos :eek:verviewtab and re-installed the Photos app. This cured the 0x887a0005 error. Regarding the sound issue, re-installing the Photos app may work but I'd rather not have to do this for each complilation. If there isn't an easy fix for this can anyone suggest an mp4 editor that is (a) free, (b) can handle individual files of up to 200MB and a 'final compilation' file size of up to 1Gb, (c) can output in HD 1080p and (d) doesn't watermark the output. I have a shortlist of VSDC Video Editor, Open Shot, Lightworks and Shortcut but have not tried any of these yet (I'd rather find out which does what I want first without having to install the program and find out there are issues - as uninstalling programs always leaves 'junk' behind). Thanks in advance, Art PC Specification as 'My Computers > System One'

:)

ArthurDent, Aug 6, 2021

2. Wierd Sound Issue with Windows Photos

Hi,

This is puzzling me.

I have several small mp4 video files that I am putting end-to-end using Microsoft Photos.

After the compilation is exported, the resulting video automatically plays in Photos with sound.

However, if the compilation is opened in Films & TV, VLC Media Player or even in Photos again, the video plays correctly but with barely audible sound.

By the way, the individual mp4 videos that make up the compilation play as expected with sound at normal volume.

Any ideas as to what might be the problem?

I've tried running the troubleshooter (Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshooter > Additional Troubleshooters > Windows Store Apps - no problem detected.

I've tried resetting the photos app. (Search > apps > Apps & Features > Microsoft Photos > Advanced Options > Reset)

I've also reset the MS Store Cache using WSReset.exe

I had a problem yesterday with the Photos app (when exporting I got the error 0x887a0005 - update video driver) yet the driver is up-to-date (even ripped out of Device Mangler and restarted pc).

So I uninstalled via PowerShell (Start > expand Windows Power Shell Folder [right-click / run as administrator] and typed in get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage then restarted the pc.

To get photos back I went to https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/m...rviewtab" target="_blank" rel="noopener ugc"> and re-installed the Photos app.

This cured the 0x887a0005 error.

Regarding the sound issue, re-installing the Photos app may work but I'd rather not have to do this for each complilation.

If there isn't an easy fix for this can anyone suggest an mp4 editor that is (a) free, (b) can handle individual files of up to 200MB and a 'final compilation' file size of up to 1Gb, (c) can output in HD 1080p and (d) doesn't watermark the output.

I have a shortlist of VSDC Video Editor, Open Shot, Lightworks and Shortcut but have not tried any of these yet (I'd rather find out which does what I want first without having to install the program and find out there are issues - as uninstalling programs always leaves 'junk' behind).

Thanks in advance,

Art

PC Specification as 'My Computers > System One'

ArthurDent, Aug 6, 2021
  3. Sound issue swith Windows 10

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing sound issue with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    and check.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the below Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Aug 6, 2021
  4. cadaveca Win User

Wierd Sound Issue with Windows Photos

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Wierd Sound Issue with Windows Photos :p

cadaveca, Aug 6, 2021
Thema:

Wierd Sound Issue with Windows Photos

1. Wierd Sound Issue with Windows Photos - Similar Threads - Wierd Sound Issue

2. Facing wierd Wifi issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facing wierd Wifi issue: Facing wifi issue on my laptop maybe because of wifi drivers. I'm able to connect to the wifi but it's not working on any browser. No problem with the router but with the laptop settings ig. Tried network reset and dns flushing, no progress...
  3. Facing wierd Wifi issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Facing wierd Wifi issue: Facing wifi issue on my laptop maybe because of wifi drivers. I'm able to connect to the wifi but it's not working on any browser. No problem with the router but with the laptop settings ig. Tried network reset and dns flushing, no progress...
  4. Wierd keyboard issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wierd keyboard issue: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Assblaster900000 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lx3vof/wierd_keyboard_issue/
  5. Audio only headphones sound wierd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio only headphones sound wierd: I have a headset with a microphone that I use pluged in both audio and microphone ports and they sound good, but when I use my headphones without a mic, pluged only in the audio port, they sound weird, like only half of the song is playing. I tried plugin them into my phone...
  6. Windows Wierd Sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Wierd Sound: My WINDOWS 10 is making a sound like turning on a xbox one, and its kinda anoying, if anyone can help me, please write down bellow! Thank you very much! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-wierd-sound/0e29cf4c-748a-4f95-bba8-bf9f18419b29
  7. Wierd alert sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wierd alert sound: Keep getting a weird alert sound every so often my cursor flashes and then everything goes back to normal, don’t know what causes this I reset pc and problem still there. Help submitted by /u/StoleYourPillow [link] [comments]...
  8. Wierd sound notification thing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wierd sound notification thing: Hi everyone! Quite recently I'm getting this weird sound every 30 minutes to an hour, I can't find out what it is! It's turning out to be quite annoying and I can't find a way to stop it or turn it off. It sounds like it would be a message notification, but I've searched...
  9. Wierd Pop Sound

in Windows 10 Support
    Wierd Pop Sound: I don't know which category to put this in, so I guess it will be here. *Biggrin So, this is kind of a strange one: I was playing on the computer with a few friends, and suddenly there was a loud pop from somewhere, it was like a speaker going pop when you plug it in,...
  10. Wierd windows 10 clock issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Wierd windows 10 clock issue: Hello, Since I update windows 10 creators update,my clock displays the time the other way around. For exapmle,if its 14:09 right now,It displays 09:14,but when i press the clock and the calendar opens up,it shows the time regularly on top. [img] (Look at the bottom of...