Windows 10: Wierd Windows 10 problems and OneDrive corrupted files

Discus and support Wierd Windows 10 problems and OneDrive corrupted files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've had a lot of problems lately and I don't know if they are related. First, many fake errors appeared in VB.Net that didn't stop project rebuilds.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KeithM, Sep 6, 2019.

1. KeithM Win User

Wierd Windows 10 problems and OneDrive corrupted files

I've had a lot of problems lately and I don't know if they are related. First, many fake errors appeared in VB.Net that didn't stop project rebuilds. Then, UEFI boot and Windows 10 boot started taking more than an hour. The boot problem miraculously disappeared perhaps after a Windows update. Now my oneDrive files are all corrupt both offline and online(contents are all zeroes) . There is no file history online. I've repaired Windows, reinstalled Visual Studio and reinstalled OneDrive with little improvement. I'm probably screwed but hoping somebody has a suggestion. Thanks, Keith

:)

KeithM, Sep 6, 2019
  2. Freezer Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

This is Windows 10 Pro... Enterprise is an entirely different deal and I'm sure I won't have problems that route, but I'm not forking over more $ to dipshit developers. The only thing I can think of is un-linking my Office 365 accounts within Office, but that defeats the purpose of accessing the files ONLINE and managing them from there. I have two alumni accounts, not a single problem in Windows 7/8 until M$shit devs decided to integrate Onedrive. I've deleted, renamed, set read-only to "msosync.exe," ... but windows continues to add it again and again, and NOW I just noticed it's now linking to groove.exe, instead of onedrive. Sooo fn annoying!

Onedrive on Windows 10 is not an 'app' it is integrated. Plus I don't fool around with the Windows Store thoughtless developer child bullshit. Windows Store ought to be completely removed from the Windows platform all together. Also I do not intend to completely remove Onedrive, it defeats the purpose... the purpose is to REMOVE it from Windows Explorer navigation and startup.

Freezer, Sep 6, 2019
  3. Easo Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

Can we have rant-less version, please?

Easo, Sep 6, 2019
  4. Wierd Windows 10 problems and OneDrive corrupted files

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

Wierd Windows 10 problems and OneDrive corrupted files

1. Wierd Windows 10 problems and OneDrive corrupted files - Similar Threads - Wierd problems OneDrive

2. Onedrive corrupts files by changing file names

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive corrupts files by changing file names: This needs to be fixed by Microsoft ASAP, this is the second time I have faced this problem and has cost me days to restore all my files:Onedrive was not synching anymore this happens every so often and the advice that microsoft gives is to reset onedrive. I followed these...
  3. Onedrive corrupts files by changing file names

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive corrupts files by changing file names: This needs to be fixed by Microsoft ASAP, this is the second time I have faced this problem and has cost me days to restore all my files:Onedrive was not synching anymore this happens every so often and the advice that microsoft gives is to reset onedrive. I followed these...
  4. Onedrive corrupts files and file names

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive corrupts files and file names: I have started to get a message that there are 30 odd files with names that Onedrive cannot save because of characters Onedrive cannot save. Those characters were never, never, never part of the original file name, I have no idea how to insert them into a file name. Some of...
  5. Onedrive corrupts files and file names

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive corrupts files and file names: I have started to get a message that there are 30 odd files with names that Onedrive cannot save because of characters Onedrive cannot save. Those characters were never, never, never part of the original file name, I have no idea how to insert them into a file name. Some of...
  6. Onedrive corrupts files and file names

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Corrupted file filled up OneDrive

Corrupted file filled up OneDrive: I had trouble with my Nintendo Switch saying that the micro SD card I was using was full while at the same time saying that there were 30 GB of free space on it. I looked through the files and found a file for Pokemon Sword that was labelled as corrupted. I tried deleting the...
  8. Wierd activation problem - wndows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Wierd activation problem - wndows 10: I originally obtained windows 10 using a Windows 7 activation key. I believe it said that the W7 key would be voided when doing so. Windows 10 installed no hastles and has been running for about a year now, no hastles. The system was running overnight. When I sat down this...
  9. OneDrive local files corrupt not in cloud

OneDrive local files corrupt not in cloud: We've got a corrupted C: drive may or may not be related but means we cannot boot into Windows and am trying to xcopy some OneDrive files that haven't been synced for a couple of months now. The xcopy error is "File creation error - The file cannot be accessed by the...
  10. Wierd Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Wierd Problem: I do not even know where to put this. My client has Windows 10 on her laptop. She has no idea what she did or touched and I have no idea how to fix this. If you look at the picture, the icons are missing on the desktop and the start menu and apps are all the way up to the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive.old problem