Windows 10: Wifes laptop overheating

Discus and support Wifes laptop overheating in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello people, Not sure if you guys are the right ones to ask but I'll give it a go. My wife prefers a laptop to a desktop and her 4 year old HP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by XPalidocious, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Wifes laptop overheating

Hello people,

Not sure if you guys are the right ones to ask but I'll give it a go.

My wife prefers a laptop to a desktop and her 4 year old HP started shutting down and telling her its overheating. Installing Speccy and watching the temp it sure seems that way. It's also telling her it needs a battery which she has already ordered, but has not received yet. I have my doubts that a bad battery could be to blame for this odd change of behavior but it seems to be a possibility. Yes the fan does run plenty but it doesn't seem to do much.

I promptly brought it to the local PC shop and they could not tell me much so I decided to wait. I did pick up a cooling fan tray and we tried that. It sure does bring down the temperature to normal until...

Until you start using the internet. Does not matter which browser. It goes from 50C straight up into the 90's fast. That's with the onboard fan and the tray goin to town. Searching the net for answers seems to direct me to cleaning it out. It sounds like sound reasoning but I'm not so sure in this case.

So far she can do anything on the computer except browsing or it goes nuclear.

Any experience or suggestions? Also on the outside chance she may have picked up a virus (she uses adaware) could such a thing do this too?

Thanks

Tony

:)

XPalidocious, Nov 11, 2020

2. Random laptop crashes in games.

thats alright bro, If it does turn out to be an overheating issue, I'll let you take all the credit for suggesting it

FreedomEclipse, Nov 11, 2020
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Nov 11, 2020
  4. Wifes laptop overheating

laptop overheating

MS Explorer program is overheating my laptop

DANIELB719, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

Wifes laptop overheating

1. Wifes laptop overheating - Similar Threads - Wifes laptop overheating

2. Laptop overheating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop overheating: Hello. Please help me . I have a problem with my laptop. The bottom of the laptop is too hot . When I touch it it is too hot I can almost fry an egg.The laptop gets too hot when I watch videos. Also I play at low graphics when gaming.In the past my laptop would be able to run...
  3. Laptop overheating

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop overheating: Hello. I have some problems regarding my laptop here.While I was playing on my laptop the game was running smoothly but just after a few minutes the laptop overheated and frames dropped and the game lagged . But in a few seconds like maybe 40 seconds the game was smooth...
  4. Overheating of laptop

Overheating of laptop: My laptop get's overheated and slow's down cpu to 0.99 ghz and hence interrupt while running game's like even Asphalt 9.It started since last week. Don't know how is this happening. Any suggestions?...
  5. Laptop Overheating

Laptop Overheating: My laptop is overheating badly after an update today - earlier it used to keep 70 degrees when browsing Chrome but now it keeps reaching 100+ frequently. It crashed twice. I have to turn it to sleep every 10 minutes to prevent it from crashing. Outrageous acts by Microsoft....
  6. laptop overheating

laptop overheating: Hi Lately my laptop and gpu just started overheating, even when im not in game or even in chrome its jumping to 47-40 C,but when i play it goes almost to 60 and turns off if its 60 or 57... I need help, did i maybe do something wrong, im thinking about taking it to the shop...
  7. Wifes laptop overheating

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wifes laptop overheating: Hello people, Not sure if you guys are the right ones to ask but I'll give it a go. My wife prefers a laptop to a desktop and her 4 year old HP started shutting down and telling her its overheating. Installing Speccy and watching the temp it sure seems that way. It's also...
  8. Laptop overheated

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop overheated: Hello hello peeps So, today my laptop overheated. I wanted to test a game benchmark at max settings, it overheated and turned off. How long should I wait until all the components will be at their lowest possible normal temperatures and the machine will be o-k to use again?...
  9. Overheating Laptop

Overheating Laptop: My laptop cutout due to overheating while my phone was tethered via USB. Could this have caused a power surge and damaged the phone's internals?(phone is working perfectly)...
  10. overheating laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    overheating laptop: OK so windows 10 installed installed its self 4 or 5 months ago , it caused my laptop to over heat so i spoke to tech support and they told me it was my fault as i would have to have my laptop checked out at my own expense which i did but there was nothing wrong with my...