Windows 10: wife's password on her computer suddenly wouldn't work so she's locked out.

Discus and support wife's password on her computer suddenly wouldn't work so she's locked out. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Her computer was working fine but suddenly the password stopped working 3 days ago. There were no updates, no hardware was added. I have my own... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GregWearly, Oct 24, 2018.

1. wife's password on her computer suddenly wouldn't work so she's locked out.

Her computer was working fine but suddenly the password stopped working 3 days ago. There were no updates, no hardware was added. I have my own computer and tried filling out an online form from Microsoft but they wouldn't accept the answers I tried to remember about her account and recent emails, etc. I'm really ignorant about this stuff, as you can probably tell. I don't want to buy a copy of Windows 10 to reinstall on her hard drive because she'll loose everything I'm guessing? If I can even do that without buying a new hard drive? I tried at start-up to reset her computer for an earlier time but I needed her password to do that. Thanks.

:)

GregWearly, Oct 24, 2018

2. Now wouldn´t that b a cool feature...

Hi,

I just read an article in the new Linux magazine on the use of Ramdisks. Using those as a file system can drastically speed up read and write performance. That would be a cool feature to build in the OS of mobile phones that hold a memory card anyway, wouldn´t
    it. Then saving a large Excel sheet wouldn´t take ages as it does now (on my E61 anyway), but just a few seconds...

Regards,

hendikoischnur, Oct 24, 2018
  3. why doesn't my password work in wife's computer?

My wife added me as family member, sent invitation, the whole process. Now her computer recognizes my name but not my password. This password works for all other computers and I'm not changing it. What's going on?

If it matters, she can log on to my computer and we both share a laptop and both our passwords work there, as well.

Thanks in advance for explanation/solution.

VictorLimAZ, Oct 24, 2018
  4. wife's password on her computer suddenly wouldn't work so she's locked out.

Windows 10 upgrade Locked my wifes computer.

Thanks but none of the above Troubleshooting steps worked out for me. the machine just locked up when attempting to follow steps. I appreciate the suggestions but i wound up having to do a factory restore on the machine. i think ill just wait to installing
    win 10 for a while.

~Regards~

Dreamquestn3d, Oct 24, 2018
Thema:

wife's password on her computer suddenly wouldn't work so she's locked out.

1. wife's password on her computer suddenly wouldn't work so she's locked out. - Similar Threads - wife's password computer

2. My wife has been locked out of her account on a shared desktop using Windows 11,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wife has been locked out of her account on a shared desktop using Windows 11,: The motherboard on the computer was changed and I was able to access my files because my account verification was through an email. However, my wife was unable to access her files because account verification required was through a text, but the phone was a landline. We...
  3. My wife has been locked out of her account on a shared desktop using Windows 11,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My wife has been locked out of her account on a shared desktop using Windows 11,: The motherboard on the computer was changed and I was able to access my files because my account verification was through an email. However, my wife was unable to access her files because account verification required was through a text, but the phone was a landline. We...
  4. My wife cannot login. We have separate accounts. She cannot correct or renew her password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wife cannot login. We have separate accounts. She cannot correct or renew her password.: Microsoft says there is a problem with her pin, but won't let her reset it. She has forgotten her password, and it will not let her reset that. She is totally stuck. How can she reset anything?* Moved from Community Center...
  5. My wife cannot login. We have separate accounts. She cannot correct or renew her password.

My wife cannot login. We have separate accounts. She cannot correct or renew her password.: Microsoft says there is a problem with her pin, but won't let her reset it. She has forgotten her password, and it will not let her reset that. She is totally stuck. How can she reset anything?* Moved from Community Center...
  6. My sister gave me a computer, but she doesn't remember the PIN or her password. I have...

My sister gave me a computer, but she doesn't remember the PIN or her password. I have...: I have tried resetting her old outlook account, but I don't have all the information and Outlook does not recognize her old account. She does not remember her PIN....
  7. wife try to change her login on our laptop now she cant get in at all

in Windows 10 Customization
    wife try to change her login on our laptop now she cant get in at all: wife try to change her login on our laptop now she cant get in at all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wife-try-to-change-her-login-on-our-laptop-now-she/d9006469-205d-4d11-a0c3-a02a04d5329a
  8. wife tryed to change her login on her side of our laptop now she cant get in at all

in Windows 10 Customization
    wife tryed to change her login on her side of our laptop now she cant get in at all: wife tryed to change her login on her side of our laptop now she cant get in at all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wife-tryed-to-change-her-login-on-her-side-of-our/d9006469-205d-4d11-a0c3-a02a04d5329a
  9. How to Add My Wife to Windows 10 Account So She Can Log Into Her Own Profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to Add My Wife to Windows 10 Account So She Can Log Into Her Own Profile: Can someone please explain step-by-step how to set my wife up so she can log into her own account/profile on Windows 10? It appears I can't simply setup a log in for her without her having to create a Microsoft Account. Soooooooooo very frustrating. Every time I enter her...
  10. Forgotten password, locked out of computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Forgotten password, locked out of computer: I recently made a dumb move by attempting to change my picture password without giving any regard to the fact I don't remember what my local text-based password was. It wasn't until I deleted my picture password when realized what I had done and ended up ultimately locking...