Windows 10: WiFi 5GHz Has Disappeared on Both Computers

Discus and support WiFi 5GHz Has Disappeared on Both Computers in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I know that it was there on my computer, perhaps a month ago when the WiFi card was replaced, and I know that both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz entries were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Not Myself, Dec 28, 2018.

1. WiFi 5GHz Has Disappeared on Both Computers

I know that it was there on my computer, perhaps a month ago when the WiFi card was replaced, and I know that both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz entries were there on both computers in the past. Yesterday morning, when I found my machine off-line, and the DSL Internet light blinking wildly, the first thing I did was to click on the task bar icon, only to find that only the 2.4GHz setting was there.

Some investigation found that 5GHz was also not shown on my wife's computer, with both 2.4 and 5 shown in Settings/WiFi/Manage Known Networks, but the 5GHz had been removed from mine. I added 5GHz, which still did not show in Show Available Networks.

When Centurylink eventually started working, I checked my smart phone, which uses the same WiFi as the computers, and it was connected at 5GHz, meaning that the router was set correctly.

The only thing that I can think of, and it is nothing more than an uneducated observation, is that the only thing that the two computers have shared in common since I last knew that 5GHz was working on mine--and not having checked hers for an unknown time span--is the interim updates to Windows 10 Home 1803, as though something in Windows is blocking 5GHz.

:)

Not Myself, Dec 28, 2018

2. 5GHz Wifi no longer showing

Hello,

I own the Hp spectre x360 ac-002ne. Previously my laptop was able to connect to my 5GHz wifi. Suddenly the 5GHz network disappeared on the laptop, but it is sill showing on other devices. The 2.4 GHz wifi is still working on the laptop. I tried uninstalling
    the wifi drivers, reinstalling them and even doing a system restore point but neither one of them solved the issue.

Any suggestion?

Thank you

Charbel Helayel, Dec 28, 2018
  3. Arily Win User
    5ghz wifi not showing windows 10

I just got a new modem/router and it has a 2.4ghz and 5ghz wifi connections...Only the 2.4ghz shows in the wifi list while the 5ghz isn't showing at all. My computer's network card does support the 5ghz and I know the 5ghz is working because I can connect to it from other devices...just not my desktop computer.

EDIT: I've attempted updating network driver, also resetting network in the settings menu. Both hasn't worked.

Arily, Dec 28, 2018
  4. WiFi 5GHz Has Disappeared on Both Computers

5Ghz wifi network Disappearing after updating to Win10

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble this has caused to you.

This issue might occur if there are no Wi-Fi network adaptor drivers installed or if they are corrupted or outdated or incompatible.

I would first go with network troubleshooter to check if that helps. if the issue persists then go with your suggestions.

Please follow these methods below, to resolve the issue:

Method 1:

Network troubleshooter:

Open the Network Adapter troubleshooter by typing troubleshooting in the search box, and then tapping or clicking Troubleshooting. Tap or click Network and Internet, tap or click Network Adapter, and follow the instructions on your screen.

If the issue still persists, follow the Method 2.

Method 2:

I suggest you to follow these steps below and check, if it helps.

Release and renew IP address for your computer:

a. Press Windows key + X and select “command prompt (admin)”.

b. Type ipconfig /release and hit Enter.

c. Then type ipconfig /renew and hit Enter.

d. Type Exit and hit Enter.

Let’s try to refer to the suggestions given by Tripp Parks [MSFT] replied on September 30, 2015, to fix your issue.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ot-there/10544b8b-4040-4c17-83e8-fc46c4c47557

Also, try to refer to the suggestions given by Arun B J replied on December 4, 2015, to fix your issue.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...f-router/a6710a80-870d-4ab8-ae67-378822d22485

Windows Update may have updated drivers available that may be relevant to your current issue. Many times, updated drivers are listed in the "Optional" section of Windows Update. Install any pending updates on the PC to check, if that helps.

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

WiFi 5GHz Has Disappeared on Both Computers

1. WiFi 5GHz Has Disappeared on Both Computers - Similar Threads - WiFi 5GHz Has

2. WiFi has disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi has disappeared: My WiFi has disappeared… can anyone help? Hp laptop with windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-has-disappeared/6117787d-e562-4521-9ce9-17a41ff1dd72
  3. WiFi has disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi has disappeared: My WiFi has disappeared… can anyone help? Hp laptop with windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-has-disappeared/6117787d-e562-4521-9ce9-17a41ff1dd72
  4. My wifi box has disappeared.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wifi box has disappeared.: I dont have an ethernet cable and its not letting me connect to my wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wifi-box-has-disappeared/fbf88400-599f-409a-97da-4ba76af6151a
  5. Wifi 5ghz signal

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi 5ghz signal: Hi, I have a laptop with a Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adapter recently, Couple months ago my laptop was fine running 3 bars averaging 45-50mbps all of a sudden my WIFI disconnected. It came back on with no problems however I now run at 1 bar 5-10mbps while my...
  6. ability to connect to wifi has disappeared

ability to connect to wifi has disappeared: On my Network & Internet Settings, the wifi icon has disappeared. I see Airplane Mode, but I can not select it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ability-to-connect-to-wifi-has-disappeared/8cfe6474-fc05-4373-b531-e47f9d1dfd2f
  7. 5ghz wifi connection

5ghz wifi connection: Hello my wifi adapter is realtek rtl8188ee wireless lan 802.11n pci-e nic this do it support 5ghz wifi connection if yes how can I enable it when I do in device manager and for to network adapter and to to wireless lan and click advantage and try to enable 5 ghz connection...
  8. Wifi 5GHz not working

Wifi 5GHz not working: Hello i have a asus laptop with lastest windows update as well i downloaded the lastest network adapter drivers tried with older versions too.The adapter in question is qualcomm qca9377 and the driver version is 12.0.0.722. Qualcomm says it supports 5 ghz and i am able to see...
  9. WiFi has disappeared???

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WiFi has disappeared???: My wifi has completely disappeared from my HPlaptop I have checked airplane mode and it is off. The wifidoes not appear anywhere. Checked adapter settings not there!! Help...
  10. WiFi 5Ghz

WiFi 5Ghz: Just connected to the NBN (Optus) and received a Sagecom L: [email protected] HP Modem.Router. No problems there but my Toshiba Qosmio Laptop will not pick up the 5ghz band only the 2.4Ghz...All my other devices pick up the 5Ghz. I ran a cmd prompt netsh wlan show drivers...