Windows 10: WiFi 5ghz wireless not working

Discus and support WiFi 5ghz wireless not working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; my laptop used to receive 5ghz band widths but not anymore ? Modern is broadcasting both 2.4 & 5.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ozcg, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Ozcg Win User

WiFi 5ghz wireless not working

my laptop used to receive 5ghz band widths but not anymore ? Modern is broadcasting both 2.4 & 5.

:)

2. Alfie1909 Win User

5GHz Wifi

Hello. I want to connect to 5GHz wifi, but its not showing up in the connection list. I've done a bit of research and my laptop should be able to connect to the 5GHz band.

Alfie1909, Aug 14, 2020
  3. 5ghz wireless on windows 10 not working

Have the same problem. Upgraded to 10 today. The Savfy 5ghz USB wireless worked perfectly. Then I shut off the computer for a while and when I brought it back up, the Savfy had disappeared. Reinstalled drivers...looked for it in network adapters, it is not
    there, therefore I cannot "browse" for a driver as 10 thinks it is not there.

I have two of these adapters. Have tried both. Same result.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

RandyLawson, Aug 14, 2020
  4. Arily Win User

5ghz wifi not showing windows 10

I just got a new modem/router and it has a 2.4ghz and 5ghz wifi connections...Only the 2.4ghz shows in the wifi list while the 5ghz isn't showing at all. My computer's network card does support the 5ghz and I know the 5ghz is working because I can connect to it from other devices...just not my desktop computer.

EDIT: I've attempted updating network driver, also resetting network in the settings menu. Both hasn't worked.

Arily, Aug 14, 2020
Thema:

1. WiFi 5ghz wireless not working - Similar Threads - WiFi 5ghz wireless

2. Wireless wifi is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless wifi is not working: Wireless wifi is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-wifi-is-not-working/ec515cea-e42a-41a8-a1ba-bc883278513d
  3. ralink rt3290 wireless 802.11bgn wifi adapter 5ghz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ralink rt3290 wireless 802.11bgn wifi adapter 5ghz: in my laptop wifi not connecting for adapter given below:-Ralink rt3290 wireless 802.11bgn wifi adapter 5ghzprovide me solution to solve issue pl....
  4. ralink rt3290 wireless 802.11bgn wifi adapter 5ghz

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ralink rt3290 wireless 802.11bgn wifi adapter 5ghz: in my laptop wifi not connecting for adapter given below:-Ralink rt3290 wireless 802.11bgn wifi adapter 5ghzprovide me solution to solve issue pl....
  5. ralink rt3290 wireless 802.11bgn wifi adapter 5ghz

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Wifi 5ghz signal

Wifi 5ghz signal: Hi, I have a laptop with a Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adapter recently, Couple months ago my laptop was fine running 3 bars averaging 45-50mbps all of a sudden my WIFI disconnected. It came back on with no problems however I now run at 1 bar 5-10mbps while my...
  7. 5ghz wifi connection

5ghz wifi connection: Hello my wifi adapter is realtek rtl8188ee wireless lan 802.11n pci-e nic this do it support 5ghz wifi connection if yes how can I enable it when I do in device manager and for to network adapter and to to wireless lan and click advantage and try to enable 5 ghz connection...
  8. Wifi 5GHz not working

Wifi 5GHz not working: Hello i have a asus laptop with lastest windows update as well i downloaded the lastest network adapter drivers tried with older versions too.The adapter in question is qualcomm qca9377 and the driver version is 12.0.0.722. Qualcomm says it supports 5 ghz and i am able to see...
  9. 5ghz WiFi just stopped working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    5ghz WiFi just stopped working.: So I have a dual band router and my son’s desktop connects wirelessly to the 5ghz signal usually. This morning it was connected but nothing loads through his browser and no apps connect. I switch him to the 2.4ghz connection and everything works no issues. When I reboot the...
  10. WiFi 5Ghz

WiFi 5Ghz: Just connected to the NBN (Optus) and received a Sagecom L: [email protected] HP Modem.Router. No problems there but my Toshiba Qosmio Laptop will not pick up the 5ghz band only the 2.4Ghz...All my other devices pick up the 5Ghz. I ran a cmd prompt netsh wlan show drivers...