Windows 10: wifi 6

Discus and support wifi 6 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Has anyone gone to the expense of getting wifi 6 or 6E? Does it really make a difference? If so is it worth the cost of the new router? I priced the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by huffman, Jan 14, 2021.

1. huffman Win User

wifi 6

Has anyone gone to the expense of getting wifi 6 or 6E? Does it really make a difference?

If so is it worth the cost of the new router? I priced the routers for wifi 6 and they are more expensive than what I am using now (Netgear about 5 yrs old).

Just curious about all this since I have two computers and a phone system on the web.

Thanks for comments.

:)

huffman, Jan 14, 2021
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue wifi 6 :p

cadaveca, Jan 14, 2021
  3. wpcoe Win User
    No WiFi in Win10 Pro (1903) Windows Sandbox

I (seemingly) successfully updated my Surface Pro 6 to v.1903 today, and after some initial fumbles enabling it, now have Windows Sandbox enabled and it seems to open just fine. However, there is no WiFi access within Sandbox.

Accessing Settings for Network & Internet, the list on the left is:
    Status
    Ethernet
    Dial-up
    VPN
    Airplane mode
    Date usage
    Proxy
    WiFi appears no place in that window. Network status shows No Internet Access.

What step am I missing to be able to access the internet from within the Sandbox using my computer's WiFi connection?

wpcoe, Jan 14, 2021
  4. wifi 6

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

wifi 6

1. wifi 6 - Similar Threads - wifi

2. Wifi not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi not working: When I go to the networks button, nothing shows for wireless networks. Only Ethernet works. I've tried everything in control panel and settings. Does anybody know what is going on? Thanks. Also, if you could email me, it would be great! *** Email address is removed for...
  3. Im trying to connect to a 5gz wifi but it wont show up no matter what I do does anyone know...

Im trying to connect to a 5gz wifi but it wont show up no matter what I do does anyone know...: Im currently on a 2.4 wifi on my desktop and I need to connect to my 5 gz wifi for better and faster speeds. But the wifi well not show up. My room mate is on that wifi on his laptop so I know it works and I know my pc can run a 5 gz wifi but no matter what I do the wifi well...
  4. Intel's WiFi 6 AX200 combo wireless & BT card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel's WiFi 6 AX200 combo wireless & BT card: I am having BT issues with my laptop as it refuses to appear in DM or anywhere else. Cannot add any BT device such as a mouse because BT seems to not be active. I have a Samsung 940X3G laptop. I'm running Win10 with Beta and everything else is running fine. I have tried...
  5. Please Help! Incredibly Slow WiFi on Version 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please Help! Incredibly Slow WiFi on Version 2004: I'm using Windows 10 Pro version 2004 OS build 19041.388. I have an Intel Wireless AC-9560 160MHz wireless card. For reasons I don't understand, my wireless internet will become horribly slow. Sometimes, the internet connection "cuts out/drops off" for a few moments, than...
  6. My laptop disconnects from the WiFi every few hours and is not able to detect any available...

My laptop disconnects from the WiFi every few hours and is not able to detect any available...: I've been facing this problem for a few months now. I've updated to the latest driver. All of my other devices are still connected to the WiFi while the laptop isn't. The power settings for wireless network are all set to maximum performance Any other advice that I can...
  7. Network & Internet setting box doesn't pop up and no wifi connections

Network & Internet setting box doesn't pop up and no wifi connections: Hi All, I've not posted a single thing since the Seven forums, that's a good thing, it means any glitches that have come my way in Win 10 I've solved by simply looking through the excellent info on here. A big thanks to all who have shared their knowledge. Now this...
  8. WiFi problem

WiFi problem: My WiFi changed to WiFi 2 and has not shown any WiFi network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-problem/5a1d5e98-4cfb-412e-a04f-4b53a6caf905
  9. Rerouting XBox wireless adapter through pc / wifi

Rerouting XBox wireless adapter through pc / wifi: Hi all, So my pc is in my office (at the top of the stairs) and I have 2 hdmi cables going from the office, through the loft and 1 into the master bedroom and the other down into the living room (ground floor at the other end of the house), so I have an option of where I...
  10. Wifi adaptor gone from the device manager after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi adaptor gone from the device manager after windows 10 update: I have been using this laptop since 2014. Wifi adaptors were working fine until recent before yesterday windows 10 update. Somehow this update totally removed wifi adaptors from device manager replaced with new drivers which is not have a capability to get wifi connections....