Windows 10: wifi 6

Discus and support wifi 6 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Has anyone gone to the expense of getting wifi 6 or 6E? Does it really make a difference? If so is it worth the cost of the new router? I priced the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by huffman, Jan 14, 2021.

1. huffman Win User

wifi 6

Has anyone gone to the expense of getting wifi 6 or 6E? Does it really make a difference?

If so is it worth the cost of the new router? I priced the routers for wifi 6 and they are more expensive than what I am using now (Netgear about 5 yrs old).

Just curious about all this since I have two computers and a phone system on the web.

Thanks for comments.

:)

huffman, Jan 14, 2021
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue wifi 6 :p

cadaveca, Jan 14, 2021
  3. wpcoe Win User
    No WiFi in Win10 Pro (1903) Windows Sandbox

I (seemingly) successfully updated my Surface Pro 6 to v.1903 today, and after some initial fumbles enabling it, now have Windows Sandbox enabled and it seems to open just fine. However, there is no WiFi access within Sandbox.

Accessing Settings for Network & Internet, the list on the left is:
    Status
    Ethernet
    Dial-up
    VPN
    Airplane mode
    Date usage
    Proxy
    WiFi appears no place in that window. Network status shows No Internet Access.

What step am I missing to be able to access the internet from within the Sandbox using my computer's WiFi connection?

wpcoe, Jan 14, 2021
  4. wifi 6

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

wifi 6

1. wifi 6 - Similar Threads - wifi

2. WIFI Card not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WIFI Card not working: I recently got a M.2 wifi card for my new PC, but no networks are showing. Can someone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-card-not-working/8d1dc0ad-f9cc-43ae-87e7-9642eabf6c45
  3. Only my wifi not appearing on pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Only my wifi not appearing on pc: My pc isn’t detecting my wifi but is detecting nearby houses. It was working fine last night and the months before but stopped working once i turned it on this morning. Sometimes, it gives me the option to connect to “hidden network”. Once i put my wifi details in there, it...
  4. RCA W122SC24TS Wifi Driver Needed!

RCA W122SC24TS Wifi Driver Needed!: So i had recently factory reset my RCA 2-in-1 Tablet/Laptop and, after that i had tried to download a program to help me keep myself protected from spyware/malware etc. and this included a vpn. so after i had downloaded it, i was having internet connection issues. so i had...
  5. WIFI RECEPTION

WIFI RECEPTION: have one computer on east wing and one east. computer east has the router and tv hooked UP; wifi is great. west side of house NOT A STRAIGHT LINE, THROUGH DOORS, WALLS, THE WIFI COMES AND GOIES. IS THERE A FIX TO THIS? TERRYCRAIG2...
  6. how to make wifi private on windows on a surface pro laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to make wifi private on windows on a surface pro laptop: how to make wifi private on windows on a surface pro laptop not sure which windows but it’s the current windows ten I think. My wifi would say “ no Internet: secured.” I clearly have wifi bc all my other devices are connected. apparently I have to make it private. it’s no...
  7. Random ping spikes when connected to wifi not just during gaming

Random ping spikes when connected to wifi not just during gaming: Hi, I know that this question has been asked many times before, but none of the answers seems to solve my problem. I bought my laptop a Lenovo Ideapad L340-15IRH Gaming a couple of months ago. When I got it not long after I started having ping spikes every 30-60 seconds...
  8. I can't see my WIFI network on my laptop....

I can't see my WIFI network on my laptop....: This is strange. I cannot see my home WIFI network from my laptop, but I can see eight of more other networks. While at the same time, my desktop computer is successfully using the very same network that I cannot see from my laptop. My cell phone and tablet can also...
  9. using ethernet connect 1 computer to another computer's wifi, not working no more

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    using ethernet connect 1 computer to another computer's wifi, not working no more: computer1 is win10 computer2 is win7 computer2 wifi has been set as to shared, wifi properties --> sharing --->allow other network users to connect through this computer's internet then I use a cable to connect the 2 computers, it worked before, and today I got a windows...
  10. Intel Wireless Wifi Link 4965AGN

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel Wireless Wifi Link 4965AGN: Hello, I own a HP Pavilion DV9500 Laptop with an Intel Wireless Wifi Link 4965AGN. I can connect to my internet access point only in 802.11G mode. Indead, if I activate the N mode I often get a BSOD. Apperantly, the N mode for this adaptor is not compatible with Windows 10....