Windows 10: WIFI adaoter periodically shuts off

Discus and support WIFI adaoter periodically shuts off in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently, my WIFI adapter (USB) will shut off. The Diagnosis shows nothing. When I select the WIFI system it has gone from blue to gray. Also checked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Funkyecat, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Funkyecat Win User

WIFI adaoter periodically shuts off

Recently, my WIFI adapter (USB) will shut off. The Diagnosis shows nothing. When I select the WIFI system it has gone from blue to gray. Also checked Settings. If/When I reboot it works fine. I am connected to wireless WIFI in my building.

:)

Funkyecat, Oct 31, 2017

2. Invisible virus? Can not find script file "C:\Users\Kille\mugendv7".

Yep! Done that as well.

Maybe its slow because im not use to using a usb wifi adaoter?

For many years i used ethernet cable.

But couple days ago i am using wifi

I was told this adapter is fast. But no where as fast as when i used Ethernet cable.

Maybe it came with a virus?

Imma try a scan when the pc is offline next.

Tallestdavid, Oct 31, 2017
  3. HP 15 TS - Internal WiFi Adapter Keeps Shutting Off for No Known Reason

The WiFi adapter in the laptop keeps shutting off for no apparent reason. Also, there are times when I plug my laptop in to charge and it also shuts off the WiFi adapter.

GildedSloth13, Oct 31, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

If you have it on battery power, the computer can shut hardware downt that is not being used. When the computer is sitting idle and you have not changed any power settings, the adapter can go into a sleep state or "Green" state, same as the Access Point.

Just because the computer is on, does not mean that it may be using any form of network communications. Now if it is disconnecting from the Access Point, that means that you are not getting a strong enough of a signal.

Open up a File explorer window and then click on the Documents folder or Download. In the address bar, enter: cmd and it will open up a Command window in that folder. Then do the following: netsh wlan show all | wlan.txt What that will do is dump the contents from that command into a text file that you can look at and see what the signal percentage is for the access point you are losing connection on.

Since most laptops have a small foil based antenna in them, they do tend to drop signal. There are USB wifi adapters that come with a extension pigtail to allow you to place the unit up higher on the back of your laptop screen and should get you a better signal.

bro67, Oct 31, 2017
  5. Funkyecat Win User
    I have a desktop. The section that says that this device can shut down to save power us unchecked.

Funkyecat, Oct 31, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    That is about as helpful as telling your car mechanic that your car stops at stop signs. You need to post the output of the command I gave you, to help you diagnose the problem.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. WIFI adaoter periodically shuts off - Similar Threads - WIFI adaoter periodically

2. Monitor flickers off and on periodically

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor flickers off and on periodically: In my dorm at university my monitor flickers off and on periodically through the day. It's a quick flicker off then on within a couple seconds. This does not happen at my home. Is there a power/monitor setting within windows I should adjust?...
  3. Wifi Shutting Off and Computer Forcing Shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wifi Shutting Off and Computer Forcing Shutdown: This is the second day in a row this has happened. First I notice that I am no longer connected to the internet, and I am able to reconnect after troubleshooting, but then a window pops up saying that I am about to be signed out and the system gives me 5 minutes to save...
  4. Hp laptop wifi shuts off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hp laptop wifi shuts off: Hello. I'm looking at an hp laptop for a friend, and their WiFi 5 keeps shutting off. I can't figure out what's wrong with it, but this thing does have a copy of win 10 that isn't activated. Will this cause the WiFi to dump? submitted by /u/Callamy [link] [comments]...
  5. WiFi shuts off every morning

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi shuts off every morning: Every morning when I log into my Surface Laptop 2 around 8am my home network shows the “no internet, secured” thing until around 10:00 when it turns on. I’ve got online classes, and literally have to use my phone for the first 3 classes. Any suggestions or help? submitted by...
  6. Wifi/network Connectivity Prompt to shut off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi/network Connectivity Prompt to shut off: When i turn on the laptop, the connectivity is okay, the problem starts while i was trying to search anything in google chrome or i was trying to run any online game. The wifi is prompting to off, when i was trying to reconnect it showed "Can't connect to this network". I...
  7. Wifi Adapter keeps shutting off

Wifi Adapter keeps shutting off: Using my phone to do this, I have been dealing with my wifi adapter doing this, it will last 10 mimutes at most before it shuts off and will not turn back on, troubleshooter keeps saying Windows 10 cant bind the IP protocal stack to the network adapter. It is a belkin Wifi...
  8. Wifi adapter shuts off while connecting

Wifi adapter shuts off while connecting: my wifi adapters are not working after a recent update. Whenever i try to connect its like my adapter is unplugged and plugged back in and it shows that i am not connected and no connections available but ive tried 2 different adapters ive downloaded new drivers and tried all...
  9. Wifi keeps shutting off on its own

Wifi keeps shutting off on its own: Recently had to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10. I network connections I set the wifi network to always connect. However of the computer is shut down or goes into sleep mode the wifi shuts down. I have set the network card to not shut off to save power. Our pc is a desktop and...
  10. Change log off period

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Change log off period: Hi all, I've tried to look through the list of all the tutorials and I've used Google too, to find out how to extend the inactivity period before I get logged out. But all the suggestions talk about screen icons that I don't seem to have. My computer is six weeks old and I'm...