Windows 10: Wifi adapter and drivers are gone from device manager and I did not delete anything.

Discus and support Wifi adapter and drivers are gone from device manager and I did not delete anything. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Please help me get my wifi back. I can't even run the troubleshooter for wifi because it is not there to choose only ethernet. Right now I'm on line... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by marylougarza831, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Wifi adapter and drivers are gone from device manager and I did not delete anything.

Please help me get my wifi back. I can't even run the troubleshooter for wifi because it is not there to choose only ethernet. Right now I'm on line using my phone's internet service. I tried different methods but no luck. Please someone tell me how to get the wifi back. I can see them as hidden files but the icon is faded out meaning not connected right? My PC thinks the wifi device is not connected. I'm running Windows 10 on an HP notebook laptop. Thank you in advanced.

:)

marylougarza831, Feb 14, 2020

2. wifi adapter missing from device manager

Yesterday all of a sudden, My wifi got disconnected. It seems the wifi adapter is missing altogether from the device manager. I tried

1. restarting the laptop
    2. re-installing the wifi drivers
    3. Check hidden devices in device manager
    4. Check windows 10 setting and tried resetting the network
    5. Tried driver update with Driver Easy and DriverPack
    6. Tried running netsh commands

None of the above worked. Also after successfully installing the driver and restarting the laptop. The freshly installed adapter is also not showing in the device manager.

I have gone through many posts and vlogs regarding this issue but none of them solved my problem. Please help me fix this. Any help is appreciated.
    Thank you

ratul keot, Feb 14, 2020
  3. John Vil Win User
    Cannot see wifi adapter on device manager anymore

Hi,

Missing adapters on device manager can be caused by several reasons. To further isolate your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done?
    • Were there any hardware/software changes made on your desktop prior to this happening?

In the meantime, we suggest that you connect your computer, using an Ethernet cable, directly to your modem/router to download and install the latest drivers from HP's support site.

We look forward for your response.

John Vil, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Wifi adapter and drivers are gone from device manager and I did not delete anything.

Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

Wifi adapter and drivers are gone from device manager and I did not delete anything.

1. Wifi adapter and drivers are gone from device manager and I did not delete anything. - Similar Threads - Wifi adapter drivers

2. NVIDIA Display adapter gone from device manager.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVIDIA Display adapter gone from device manager.: I'm sure this problem is extremely common and there are plenty of different solutions online. However, I haven't found a single one that has worked for me.I'm using an ASUS TUF gaming A15 laptop model FA506QM/FA506IC the box and laptop has QM, but in recent times most...
  3. NVIDIA Display adapter gone from device manager.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NVIDIA Display adapter gone from device manager.: I'm sure this problem is extremely common and there are plenty of different solutions online. However, I haven't found a single one that has worked for me.I'm using an ASUS TUF gaming A15 laptop model FA506QM/FA506IC the box and laptop has QM, but in recent times most...
  4. No wifi adapter in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No wifi adapter in device manager: My wifi adapter is missing and i cant connect to wifi. It isnt hidden and it restarting or resetting doesnt work neither does scanning for hardware changes...
  5. No wifi adapter in device manager

No wifi adapter in device manager: My wifi adapter is missing and i cant connect to wifi. It isnt hidden and it restarting or resetting doesnt work neither does scanning for hardware changes...
  6. No wifi adapter in device manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Wifi Adapter "Device Deleted"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Adapter "Device Deleted": Ok so I have a Wifi adapter that isn't working properly. Every time I try to connect, it says "No Wifi Networks Found". I also found that it says the wifi adapter was deleted. I am using an external wifi adapter which works fine, but it doesn't have very good internet speed....
  8. Wifi Adapter "Device Deleted"

Wifi Adapter "Device Deleted": Ok so I have a Wifi adapter that isn't working properly. Every time I try to connect, it says "No Wifi Networks Found". I also found that it says the wifi adapter was deleted. I am using an external wifi adapter which works fine, but it doesn't have very good internet speed....
  9. Wifi Adapter "Device Deleted"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. WiFi adapter missing from device manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi adapter missing from device manager: I have a HP Pavilion 15- AU084TX laptop. Win 10 . The wireless adapter from device manager is missing. The adapter is Intel dual band wireless ac-1365. Today, i was using wifi and suddenly wifi option went missing from the settings and the computer. Then i tried to update the...