Windows 10: Wifi adapter and drivers are gone from device manager and I did not delete anything.

Discus and support Wifi adapter and drivers are gone from device manager and I did not delete anything. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Please help me get my wifi back. I can't even run the troubleshooter for wifi because it is not there to choose only ethernet. Right now I'm on line... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by marylougarza831, Feb 14, 2020 at 11:47 AM.

1. Wifi adapter and drivers are gone from device manager and I did not delete anything.

Please help me get my wifi back. I can't even run the troubleshooter for wifi because it is not there to choose only ethernet. Right now I'm on line using my phone's internet service. I tried different methods but no luck. Please someone tell me how to get the wifi back. I can see them as hidden files but the icon is faded out meaning not connected right? My PC thinks the wifi device is not connected. I'm running Windows 10 on an HP notebook laptop. Thank you in advanced.

:)

marylougarza831, Feb 14, 2020 at 11:47 AM

2. wifi adapter missing from device manager

Yesterday all of a sudden, My wifi got disconnected. It seems the wifi adapter is missing altogether from the device manager. I tried

1. restarting the laptop
    2. re-installing the wifi drivers
    3. Check hidden devices in device manager
    4. Check windows 10 setting and tried resetting the network
    5. Tried driver update with Driver Easy and DriverPack
    6. Tried running netsh commands

None of the above worked. Also after successfully installing the driver and restarting the laptop. The freshly installed adapter is also not showing in the device manager.

I have gone through many posts and vlogs regarding this issue but none of them solved my problem. Please help me fix this. Any help is appreciated.
    Thank you

3. John Vil Win User
    Cannot see wifi adapter on device manager anymore

Hi,

Missing adapters on device manager can be caused by several reasons. To further isolate your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done?
    • Were there any hardware/software changes made on your desktop prior to this happening?

In the meantime, we suggest that you connect your computer, using an Ethernet cable, directly to your modem/router to download and install the latest drivers from HP's support site.

We look forward for your response.

4. Wifi adapter and drivers are gone from device manager and I did not delete anything.

Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Thema:

Wifi adapter and drivers are gone from device manager and I did not delete anything.

1. Wifi adapter and drivers are gone from device manager and I did not delete anything. - Similar Threads - Wifi adapter drivers

2. Wifi Adapter Not Showing Up in the Device Manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Adapter Not Showing Up in the Device Manager: I recently reinstalled Windows 10 on my surface pro 6 through a USB drive. Now, I am not able to use my wifi for some reason. It doesn't show up in the settings. I even checked the device manager and I didn't see any wifi adapter in there. I tried installing drivers but...
  3. Deleted Bluetooth from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Deleted Bluetooth from Device Manager: I was trying to fix a problem with my Bluetooth and uninstalled something with Device Manager. Now Bluetooth is no longer visible under the Device Manager (after I selected hidden devices). How can I reinstall it?...
  4. WiFi adapter and Wifi settings are gone

WiFi adapter and Wifi settings are gone: I am unable to connect to the internet on my laptop through wifi and i can't find any wifi related setting on my laptop. All the wifi settings have dissapeard and in the network adapters Wifi adapter is not present. Ethernet and Bluetooth work though. Please help me out...
  5. Deleted wifi adapter

Deleted wifi adapter: Following a recent windows update my wifi stopped working and in trying to remedy the problem I think I may have deleted the adapter. It no longer shows on the list for network devices in the device manager and so I cannot, update, uninstall or reinstall. Also, I have no...
  6. keyboard option is gone from the device manager

keyboard option is gone from the device manager: I am using Lenovo ideapad 330 and in this the keyboard driver is not listed in the device manger. the keyboard option only shows up when I join the wired keyboard. I have tried using the registry also but does nothing. on the human interface devices there is the exclamation...
  7. Wifi Adapter (WLAN) driver is not available in Device Manager. Cannot connect to WiFi

Wifi Adapter (WLAN) driver is not available in Device Manager. Cannot connect to WiFi: Hey there, I have a problem connecting to my Wifi. The problem started when my I started my PC after sleep mode or Hibernation, earlier I updated my Windows 10. [ATTACH] There is no WiFi option available in Networks setting and also the WiFi adapter is absent from Device...
  8. Wifi adapter plugged in/in device manager, no networks

Wifi adapter plugged in/in device manager, no networks: The problem arised after I had come back from a month of using an ethernet connection which I no longer have access to, so I switched back to this, to find it not working at all. The Wifi adapter doesn't even show up in network connections. In device manager, it shows up and...
  9. WiFi Has Disappeared from Network Adapter in Device Manager-No WiFi

WiFi Has Disappeared from Network Adapter in Device Manager-No WiFi: Hello, Thank you in advancefor any help. I am senior who helps other seniors in this small townkeep their pc ‘s operating as best I can. I have an HP laptopthat was reworked by a shop sometime ago. I updated this pc to WinAnniveresary Issue and then this past Spring to...
  10. HELP! my work is gone and I did not delete it.

in Windows 10 Support
    HELP! my work is gone and I did not delete it.: Hello, I was working on some designs for my client, and I was about done with the different parts on photoshop. I saved all the files in a new folder I created specifically for them and saved them both in the .PSD and .PNG format. In total the files where definitely NOT...