Windows 10: Wifi Adapter and Systray Icon Disappears

Discus and support Wifi Adapter and Systray Icon Disappears in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; On multiple occasions my Wifi icon in the systray disappears and when I go to Device Manager, there’s a red “X” next to my Intel adapter.I ALREADY KNOW... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sandra Carrillo1, Mar 23, 2023.

1. Wifi Adapter and Systray Icon Disappears

On multiple occasions my Wifi icon in the systray disappears and when I go to Device Manager, there’s a red “X” next to my Intel adapter.I ALREADY KNOW that most of the time this fixes itself with a reboot. If that doesn’t work, I open Device Manager again and uninstall the Wifi adapter and restart my laptop which will automatically reinstall it…The question I want to pose for Microsoft is: WHY IS THIS HAPPENING AT ALL???! …wth?! Seriously! Fix this buggy **** of an operating system already! A million other random software-based things have started happening as well since I upgraded to Win11

:)

Sandra Carrillo1, Mar 23, 2023

2. Wifi Adapter and Systray Icon Disappears

On multiple occasions my Wifi icon in the systray disappears and when I go to Device Manager, there’s a red “X” next to my Intel adapter.

I ALREADY KNOW that most of the time this fixes itself with a reboot. If that doesn’t work, I open Device Manager again and uninstall the Wifi adapter and restart my laptop which will automatically reinstall it…

The question I want to pose for Microsoft is: WHY IS THIS HAPPENING AT ALL???! …wth?! Seriously! Fix this buggy **** of an operating system already! A million other random software-based things have started happening as well since I upgraded to Win11 (keyboard layout suddenly switches to hotkey mode and won’t go back even if I use the correct key sequence to switch it back, etc etc). My laptop is a year and a half old and came with Win10 which had its own issues (after a security update, suddenly refused to recognize my earbuds! Etc etc!)

After over 30yrs of PCs with Windows, I’m seriously considering bailing to Linux and Mac’s OS. Microsoft: GET IT TOGETHER & figure out how to make better products… at least less buggy than the most recent OS releases.

Btw, I still want to know WHY my Wifi is disappearing. Super inconvenient when Im already working and then suddenly have to close everything to reboot.

Sandra Carrillo1, Mar 24, 2023
  3. WG9
    WG9 Win User
    Wifi adapter disappears - goes 'hidden'

Running Windows 10 on an Acer laptop. Over the past month, the wifi connection dropped without explanation/warning.

First time, the adapter was visible in Device Manager (with a yellow triangle next to it). An interent search found the suggestion to uninstall it and restart. That worked.

Today, the connection dropped again. In Device Manager at first I could not see the wifi adapter listed. I clicked to see hidden devices and found the adapter and the Bluetooth (which I had not noticed was missing).

I again uninstalled, restarted, and both the wifi and bluetooth have returned.

Anyone any ideas as to what is happening, why it's happening, and what I need to do, please?

I have attached a screenshot of the DM windows as it is now, showing the wifi adapter name, etc.

Thanks very much

WG

4. Wifi Adapter and Systray Icon Disappears

Onedrive icon keeps disappearing from the right corner systray - everytime I do a shut down or restart in Windows 10

Hello:

I am using Windows 10, and everytime I shut down my laptop or do a restart .... my Onedrive icon in the right corner systray disappears.

I am using Windows 10.

I believe I have the settings all correct .... to start Onedrive automatically when I sign into Windows.

I do have the steps to restore the icon each time ... but ... that is getting old and a nuisance.

Help and suggestions from anyone will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

--Tom N.

Tom N 1957, Mar 24, 2023
Thema:

Wifi Adapter and Systray Icon Disappears

1. Wifi Adapter and Systray Icon Disappears - Similar Threads - Wifi Adapter Systray

2. Wifi adapter disappear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi adapter disappear: Hola, mi laptop esta tiene problemas como con el wifi es una Asus tuf gaming F15 con windows 11 las conexiones a internet las pierde aparte de que tengo que reiniciar la pc para que vuelva tener conectividad, el botón de internet de la interfaz de windows desaparece pero el...
  3. Wifi Adapter and Systray Icon Disappears

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Adapter and Systray Icon Disappears: On multiple occasions my Wifi icon in the systray disappears and when I go to Device Manager, there’s a red “X” next to my Intel adapter.I ALREADY KNOW that most of the time this fixes itself with a reboot. If that doesn’t work, I open Device Manager again and uninstall the...
  4. the wifi adapter and the wifi icon have completely disappeared

the wifi adapter and the wifi icon have completely disappeared: Yesterday and without my consent, my hp laptop update to the windows 11 version. Not even 24 hours later, I discovered that the wifi network wasn’t connected. When I clicked to see why, there was literally no Wifi Icon and when i went to settings and control panel to look for...
  5. the wifi adapter and the wifi icon have completely disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the wifi adapter and the wifi icon have completely disappeared: Yesterday and without my consent, my hp laptop update to the windows 11 version. Not even 24 hours later, I discovered that the wifi network wasn’t connected. When I clicked to see why, there was literally no Wifi Icon and when i went to settings and control panel to look for...
  6. Wifi adapter disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter disappeared: Hello,My wifi adapter stopped working recently, after my computer completely froze. Device manager said Code 45. I followed advice given online: uninstalled the adapter, downloaded and installed updated drivers. But it did not make it work and now the adapter completely...
  7. Wifi adapter disappeared

Wifi adapter disappeared: Hello,My wifi adapter stopped working recently, after my computer completely froze. Device manager said Code 45. I followed advice given online: uninstalled the adapter, downloaded and installed updated drivers. But it did not make it work and now the adapter completely...
  8. Wifi adapter disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. WiFi Adapter Disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WiFi Adapter Disappeared: Hi community, wifi adapter gone missing. I can't see it from device manager. [ATTACH] I tried different solutions from microsoft community help and also from hp community. But, nothing is fruitful. First time several restarts works and then, I also changed power...
  10. WiFi adapter disappears: No WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi adapter disappears: No WiFi: I have a HP Spectre laptop which has been working fine until a Windows 10 update happened. Now the WiFI adapter Intel 8265 is not installed gives Code 56 error when I view in Device Manager. There is a yellow exclamation mark in front of the device. I have tried...