Windows 10: Wifi adapter as mobile hotspot is slow, how to configure/troubleshoot?

Discus and support Wifi adapter as mobile hotspot is slow, how to configure/troubleshoot? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi everyone,I am having a Cudy WE3000 wifi adappter for my win10 64 bit PC. I installed the latest driver for it and all the updates for it. Still if I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ÁkosBertényi, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Wifi adapter as mobile hotspot is slow, how to configure/troubleshoot?

Hi everyone,I am having a Cudy WE3000 wifi adappter for my win10 64 bit PC. I installed the latest driver for it and all the updates for it. Still if I use this adapter as a hotspot in the settings/networks,interne/mobile hotspot, if i connect any device on it the speed on it is only around 90 mbps. meanwhile according to the data sheet its speed should be 2402Mbps + 574Mbps Speed yes i am using 5GHz What is the reason with, how can i go deeper in the settings of this adapter maybe i shoudl extend the bandwith somewhere?.

Thank you very much all, who answers! :

:)

ÁkosBertényi, Nov 4, 2020
  2. KDB
    kdb Win User

Choose which adapter to use for mobile hotspot on Windows 10

When a device has multiple wifi adapters, is it possible to select which one is used for Windows 10's mobile hotspot feature?

I am trying to connect my tablet directly to my laptop for better performance in in-home streaming (Steam Link iOS app). However, when both the laptops's connection to the internet and its hotspot use the builtin Wifi hardware, I am experiencing significant stuttering. In terms of a ping from tablet to laptop I am seeing lost packages and latency spikes.

After connecting a USB Wifi adapter I have noticed, that Windows 10 will still use the builtin wifi hardware for creating the hotspot.

Is it possible to tell Windows 10 to use the builtin Wifi adapter for connecting to the internet, and the USB-adapter for providing the hotspot?

Workaround (limited/inconvenient)

Since posting the question I found, that I can work around the problem by connecting the USB Wifi-Adapter to the home-wifi. Enabling mobile hotspot then (presumably) uses the built-in wifi adapter, allowing the following topolocgy:

It isn't a full solution however, as I can attach a more powerful antenna to the USB-Adapter, but not to the built-in adapter, for streaming across room boundaries. Additionally, when pluggin in the USB adapter this way instead of only enabling the hotspot, more steps are needed:

• Disable the connection of the builtin-adapter to the Home wifi
    • Enable connection of the USB Adapter to the Home wifi
    • Enable mobile hotspot.

3. wifi hotspot connection issues

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Let us follow these steps one by one to check if that makes any difference.

Step 1: You may run the Network Adapter troubleshooter to check if that helps.

• Type Troubleshoot in the Search bar of your PC and open the Troubleshoot settings.
    • Scroll down the right pane and select ‘Network Adapter’ and click on ‘Run Troubleshooter’.
    • The PC will then start checking for the possible errors and will possibly detect the issue.
    Once this is done, restart the PC and check the wifi hotspot connectivity.

Step 2: If the issue persists, then you may want to
    update the Network driver
    and check the status.

Step 3: You may also want to change the adapter settings.

• Open Mobile Hotspot settings on your PC.
    • Press ‘Windows key + I’ to open Settings and go to ‘Network and Internet’.
    • Scroll down the left pane and select ‘Mobile Hotspot’.
    • Go to ‘Related Settings’ from the right pane and click on ‘Change adapter options’.
    • Identify your mobile hotspot adapter, right click and go to ‘Properties’.
    • Open Sharing tab and Uncheck “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection”.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Nov 4, 2020
  4. Wifi adapter as mobile hotspot is slow, how to configure/troubleshoot?

mobile hotspot enabling

Hello,

This error may occur if your WiFi adapter does not support the Mobile hotspot feature. To check if it is supported, please follow these steps:

• Open Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type this netsh wlan show drivers and hit Enter.
    • In the results, look for Hosted network supported and check if it says
      Yes or No.
    Note: Your WiFi adapters supports Mobile hotspot if it says Yes.

If the WiFi adapter supports Mobile hotspot, we can reinstall the network adapter to resolve your concern. To do so, please follow these steps:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Select Network adapters.
    • Double-click the Network adapter name.
    • Under Driver tab, click Uninstall.
    • After uninstalling the driver, restart your PC.

After your PC restarts, Windows will automatically look for and install the network adapter driver.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Antoneth Ber, Nov 4, 2020
Thema:

Wifi adapter as mobile hotspot is slow, how to configure/troubleshoot?

1. Wifi adapter as mobile hotspot is slow, how to configure/troubleshoot? - Similar Threads - Wifi adapter mobile

2. Microsoft Edge - Web Page Not Responding - WiFi - Slow Network on Mobile Hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge - Web Page Not Responding - WiFi - Slow Network on Mobile Hotspot: This is regarding Timeout Early of Webpages while using Microsoft Edge browser on Windows 10. I normally connect internet through mobile hotspot and it often happens that the mobile network going slow causing Windows to come up with "No Internet Connected" status and an...
  3. Microsoft Edge - Web Page Not Responding - WiFi - Slow Network on Mobile Hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge - Web Page Not Responding - WiFi - Slow Network on Mobile Hotspot: This is regarding Timeout Early of Webpages while using Microsoft Edge browser on Windows 10. I normally connect internet through mobile hotspot and it often happens that the mobile network going slow causing Windows to come up with "No Internet Connected" status and an...
  4. Microsoft Edge - Web Page Not Responding - WiFi - Slow Network on Mobile Hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Is mobile hotspot kind of like a wifi extender?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is mobile hotspot kind of like a wifi extender?: So I have weak wifi in my room when it comes to my cellphone, this makes things like YouTube videos load slowly when browsing on my phone. I have a good wifi card in my pc with a strong connection, is turning mobile hotspot on act like a wifi extender? submitted by...
  6. Laptop internet is slow over mobile hotspot?

Laptop internet is slow over mobile hotspot?: I have a lte router that can provide my smartphone with internet access at a reasonable download speed. However, when I connect to my windows 10 laptop I already have problems loading pages in the browser. A speedtest on my laptop shows approximately the 2mbps which I...
  7. WIFI and Mobile Hotspot options are missing

WIFI and Mobile Hotspot options are missing: I have a Windows 10 OS on my HP laptop that I've been using for a while now.Suddenly today my computer restarted and now two options "WiFi" and "Mobile Hotspot" are missing in my settings.I have tried all the ways posted on the windows help forums but none of them worked.I...
  8. Mobile hotspot slow on pc but fast on phone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mobile hotspot slow on pc but fast on phone: I use my dad's mobile data hotspot to use internet on my pc since i don't have any actual internet at home. When im connected to it on my phone, its works very well. However when I connect to it on my pc, its very slow. I used an internet speed checker and I saw that on my...
  9. laptop wifi is not connecting to mobile hotspot

laptop wifi is not connecting to mobile hotspot: Hi, I am not able to connect my laptop with mobile hotspot. kindly suggest the steps to solve the issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-wifi-is-not-connecting-to-mobile-hotspot/693fac1a-add2-4e83-b68f-59f990b2490b
  10. "Cannot configure the mobile hotspot." error

"Cannot configure the mobile hotspot." error: How can I fix this error? I'm connected through Ethernet cable and my network card supposed to host the wireless network is the "Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265", whose driver is updated to the latest version (20.70.0.5), running on an updated Windows 10 Home x64 v1803...