Windows 10: Wifi adapter completely disappeared, not listed in Device Manager

Discus and support Wifi adapter completely disappeared, not listed in Device Manager in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm asking this question not for myself but for anyone who might run into the same problem as me in the future, to save them a lot of time and possibly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ricecrispies, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Wifi adapter completely disappeared, not listed in Device Manager

I'm asking this question not for myself but for anyone who might run into the same problem as me in the future, to save them a lot of time and possibly panic.

I had a BSOD (an undiagnosed graphics issue that is triggered by Skype conference calls). When I rebooted, my wifi adapter had completely disappeared (a Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A; the computer is a Lenovo Yoga 710-14IKB). The network troubleshooter couldn't bring it back and it had completely disappeared from Device Manager. I plugged in an ethernet adapter and tried downloading and twice reinstalling the driver and then rebooting, but that didn't work. I ran "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" and then "sfc /scannow" in an adminstrator PowerShell, but still no joy. I then booted into MX Linux from a USB stick, but that couldn't see the wireless adapter either. By this point I was convinced that the BSOD had killed the wireless adapter hardware, but I tried one more thing. I rebooted into the UEFI settings and looked to see whether the adapter was listed as enabled there. Apparently it was, so I changed nothing and then selected "save and exit". When Windows started up again, the adapter was working. I then tried rebooting into MX Linux and the adapter was working there too.

Which of the steps I took is most likely to have resolved the problem? Was it when I opened the UEFI settings and saved them without changing them?

:)

ricecrispies, Apr 14, 2020
  2. jwblue Win User

Wireless adapter not found in Device Manager

I ran the Lenovo Solution Center. Network Adapter was not listed in the hardware scanned. Not sure if there is a separate listing for that normally or not.

Ever since I ran a power cycle the adapter has not appeared in the Device Manager.

Does anyone believe removing the adapter and putting it back would solve the issue? I would rather not open my computer if there is little chance of it solving the issue. I am a complete novice doing this.

Not sure if this is relevant but in my Network Adapter in Device Manager there was "Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter". It has since disappeared.

jwblue, Apr 14, 2020
  3. WG9
    WG9 Win User
    Wifi adapter disappears - goes 'hidden'

Running Windows 10 on an Acer laptop. Over the past month, the wifi connection dropped without explanation/warning.

First time, the adapter was visible in Device Manager (with a yellow triangle next to it). An interent search found the suggestion to uninstall it and restart. That worked.

Today, the connection dropped again. In Device Manager at first I could not see the wifi adapter listed. I clicked to see hidden devices and found the adapter and the Bluetooth (which I had not noticed was missing).

I again uninstalled, restarted, and both the wifi and bluetooth have returned.

Anyone any ideas as to what is happening, why it's happening, and what I need to do, please?

I have attached a screenshot of the DM windows as it is now, showing the wifi adapter name, etc.

Thanks very much

WG

4. Arun B J Win User

Wifi adapter completely disappeared, not listed in Device Manager

WiFi and Bluetooth Options Disappeared from Device management

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run the Network Adapter troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Network Adapter troubleshooter.
    Step 2: You may follow the steps and check if it helps in resolving the issue, as the device might be hidden.

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Device Manager.

• Click on View.

• Click on Show
        Hidden Devices.

• Search for the Bluetooth device.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

Wifi adapter completely disappeared, not listed in Device Manager

1. Wifi adapter completely disappeared, not listed in Device Manager - Similar Threads - Wifi adapter completely

2. USB WIFI adapter periodically disappears in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB WIFI adapter periodically disappears in device manager: Hi, i have a win 10 pc and i use a ASUS asus usb-ax56 wifi adapter. i installed the win 10 driver from the asus homepage and it can connect to the network fine.but every 5 to10 minutes the connection drops, it reconnects shortly after around 10 seconds and works without...
  3. USB WIFI adapter periodically disappears in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB WIFI adapter periodically disappears in device manager: Hi, i have a win 10 pc and i use a ASUS asus usb-ax56 wifi adapter. i installed the win 10 driver from the asus homepage and it can connect to the network fine.but every 5 to10 minutes the connection drops, it reconnects shortly after around 10 seconds and works without...
  4. USB WIFI adapter periodically disappears in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. the wifi adapter and the wifi icon have completely disappeared

the wifi adapter and the wifi icon have completely disappeared: Yesterday and without my consent, my hp laptop update to the windows 11 version. Not even 24 hours later, I discovered that the wifi network wasn’t connected. When I clicked to see why, there was literally no Wifi Icon and when i went to settings and control panel to look for...
  6. No wifi adapter in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No wifi adapter in device manager: My wifi adapter is missing and i cant connect to wifi. It isnt hidden and it restarting or resetting doesnt work neither does scanning for hardware changes...
  7. No wifi adapter in device manager

No wifi adapter in device manager: My wifi adapter is missing and i cant connect to wifi. It isnt hidden and it restarting or resetting doesnt work neither does scanning for hardware changes...
  8. No wifi adapter in device manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Wifi adapter disappeared from list of adapters

Wifi adapter disappeared from list of adapters: Hi all, I have a Sony laptop, model svs151290x, with Windows 10 Professional and all patches installed. Yesterday I lost wifi connection and have been unable to find a solution online. ipconfig /all doesn't show the wifi adapter and neither does the GUI adapter page. It might...
  10. WiFi Has Disappeared from Network Adapter in Device Manager-No WiFi

WiFi Has Disappeared from Network Adapter in Device Manager-No WiFi: Hello, Thank you in advancefor any help. I am senior who helps other seniors in this small townkeep their pc ‘s operating as best I can. I have an HP laptopthat was reworked by a shop sometime ago. I updated this pc to WinAnniveresary Issue and then this past Spring to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wifi adapter disappeared after update