Windows 10: Wifi adapter cutting out at random times?

Discus and support Wifi adapter cutting out at random times? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So for the past couple of days my wifi adapter that I use for my pc has been cutting out more and more frequently and Im unsure why. Sometimes it takes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Hay_Hayde, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Wifi adapter cutting out at random times?

So for the past couple of days my wifi adapter that I use for my pc has been cutting out more and more frequently and Im unsure why. Sometimes it takes a few mins to a few hours after a restart to cut out but for some reason whenever I restart my pc again the stick is back up and running (if only for a few seconds). I have ran countless troubleshoots, reinstalled drivers, and nothing is changed. The troubleshoot is asking me to plug in an ethernet cable, but I cant do that because of the way the router is set up in my apartment. The wifi stick works great when it on, but after a while it just goes completely unresponsive and just stops picking up networks, any fix for this? I am just unsure if its the stick itself or my computer.

submitted by /u/Hay_Hayde
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Hay_Hayde, Jun 22, 2020

2. Netgear USB WiFi Adapter Cutting Out

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest that you perform the steps below and check if issue persist:

Method 1: Network troubleshooting.

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”
    • Click on “Network and Internet”
    • Click on “Network Adapter” and run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Wi-Fi adapter

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “ Device Manager”
    • On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “ Wireless adapter” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest Wireless network adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.
    Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jun 22, 2020
  3. WG9
    WG9 Win User
    Wifi adapter disappears - goes 'hidden'

Running Windows 10 on an Acer laptop. Over the past month, the wifi connection dropped without explanation/warning.

First time, the adapter was visible in Device Manager (with a yellow triangle next to it). An interent search found the suggestion to uninstall it and restart. That worked.

Today, the connection dropped again. In Device Manager at first I could not see the wifi adapter listed. I clicked to see hidden devices and found the adapter and the Bluetooth (which I had not noticed was missing).

I again uninstalled, restarted, and both the wifi and bluetooth have returned.

Anyone any ideas as to what is happening, why it's happening, and what I need to do, please?

I have attached a screenshot of the DM windows as it is now, showing the wifi adapter name, etc.

Thanks very much

WG

4. Zontir Win User

Wifi adapter cutting out at random times?

Problems when sharing WiFi with the Virtual Adapter

For many years I have always shared Internet to my devices like phone and tablet with my PC's WiFi antenna through the Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter, I only use it for that, since I have a cable connection, and I start the wifi with the command NETSH WLAN start hostednetwork previously having done the settings of NETSH WLAN set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid="Wifi" key="password".

For my devices to connect it is necessary that the Virtual Adapter that is created with that command has access to the Internet, for this I have to share the Internet from my Ethernet adapter to the Virtual Wifi adapter.

For some time now (a couple of months) I've been experiencing problems when sharing the Internet through that medium. The problem is that when I start the WiFi my devices do not connect, they say "Getting IP address" and never connect.

I have found the solution and I have to do the following:

1. Disable the Virtual Adapter with the command netsh wlan stop hostednetwork.
    2. Remove the connection sharing from the Ethernet Adapter.
    3. Activate the Virtual Adapter with the command netsh wlan start hostednetwork.
    4. Adding connection sharing from the Ethernet Adapter to the Virtual Adapter again.

By doing these steps my devices can now be connected to the Wifi, but sometimes it doesn't work if I do these steps too quickly. I have noticed that if I do step 3 and 4 too quickly it does not work and I have to repeat the process but doing these last two steps more slowly, until the Virtual Adapter gets an IP address 192.168.137.1 from Internet Protocol version 4

Also this problem does not occur 100% of the time. Sometimes when I run the command to start the Wifi everything happens fine and my devices connect well but this only works after my PC has been on for at least 5 minutes (I haven't counted it). If I run the command as soon as my PC has turned on then it doesn't work anymore.

As I mentioned before this problem didn't occur before because I had configured a .bat file that ran as soon as the PC was turned on with the NETSH WLAN start hostednetwork command and everything worked fine.

Now, I would like to go back to before when everything was fine so that when my PC starts up the WiFi too and I don't have to do all this protocol all the time, but with a simple command everything is solved.

Could someone give me a hand with this?

Zontir, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

Wifi adapter cutting out at random times?

1. Wifi adapter cutting out at random times? - Similar Threads - Wifi adapter cutting

2. Random Wifi cut outs while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Wifi cut outs while gaming: Hello i Have been getting bad wifi cutouts on every game i play it randomly does it and in event viewer doesnt really show anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-wifi-cut-outs-while-gaming/a2f4d864-c79c-4179-b915-2c066552c106
  3. Random Wifi cut outs while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Wifi cut outs while gaming: Hello i Have been getting bad wifi cutouts on every game i play it randomly does it and in event viewer doesnt really show anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-wifi-cut-outs-while-gaming/a2f4d864-c79c-4179-b915-2c066552c106
  4. Random Wifi cut outs while gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Wifi Cutting out randomly when playing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wifi Cutting out randomly when playing: Hello When im playing games my wifi just randomly cuts out checked event viewer after it disconnedts and theres WLAN AutoConfig detected limited connectivity, attempting automatic recovery.Recovery Type: 4Error Code: 0x0Trigger Reason: 5IP Family: 0 and A timeout was reached...
  6. Wifi Cutting out randomly when playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Cutting out randomly when playing: Hello When im playing games my wifi just randomly cuts out checked event viewer after it disconnedts and theres WLAN AutoConfig detected limited connectivity, attempting automatic recovery.Recovery Type: 4Error Code: 0x0Trigger Reason: 5IP Family: 0 and A timeout was reached...
  7. Wifi Cutting out randomly when playing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. 5ghz band of wifi randomly cuts out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    5ghz band of wifi randomly cuts out: So im using the 5ghz band of my wifi which is pretty fast most of the time and i prefer over 2.4ghz, but sometimes that band will just randomly cut out and im left offline until i reconnect to the 2.4ghz band. this is especially annoying when im gaming because i will just...
  9. Wifi cutting out randomly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi cutting out randomly: Sometimes, maybe once or twice a week, my wifi cuts off on my computer randomly. It only lasts for around ten seconds before reconnecting, but it really interrupts games. The wifi on my other devices doesn't cut out, only on my computer and I don't know how to fix it :...
  10. WiFi adapters keep cutting out

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi adapters keep cutting out: My WiFi has been cutting out a lot recently, but only on my PC, so I thought maybe the WiFi in it was just going out, but then I tried using a USB WiFi dongle to remedy this, and that too cuts out at random. Wired connections still work fine, it's only when I try using WiFi...