Windows 10: WiFi adapter disables when I try to connect

Discus and support WiFi adapter disables when I try to connect in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have a problem. I updated my Windows 10 and it failed, and I restarted my laptop and internet adapter is disabled for some reason, when I try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Vuk5002, Feb 27, 2022.

1. Vuk5002 Win User

WiFi adapter disables when I try to connect

Hello, I have a problem. I updated my Windows 10 and it failed, and I restarted my laptop and internet adapter is disabled for some reason, when I try to enable it, it works but when i try to connect to my WiFi it disables my WiFi adapter and this continues. I tried:* Updating my WiFi driver* Reseting network settings* Reseting Internet Explorer settings* Disabling IPv6* Deleting all Port Forwarding optionsAnd here are my specifications:Windows 10 ProAMD Ryzen 5 3550HNvidia GeForce GTX 16508GB RAM256GB SSD1TB HDDNetwork Adapter: intel wifi 6 ax200 160mhzThanks.

:)

Vuk5002, Feb 27, 2022

2. USB Wireless adapter not connecting to Wifi

Hello

I am having trouble making my new USB Wifi Adapter to work. The drivers are working fine but the issue is it is not connecting to wifi.

1. I am using Windows 10
    2. The adapter which I am trying to work is Alfa AWUS036NHA 150Mbps
    3. I have also one USB mini wifi adapter attached to my other USB through which I am currently using internet

WiFi adapter disables when I try to connect [​IMG]

From the above screenshot, the Wi-Fi 2 is which I am trying to connect. When I right-click on Wi-Fi 2 and click on Connect/Disconnect, It shows the already connected Wifi through USB mini adapter.

When I Disable WiFi and try to connect through WiFi 2 then it shows an error "Change settings, such as making a connection metered"

The device utility does not show any Wifi available connections though there are 2-3 wifi connection is there.

any idea how can I make connect to internet using my new Alfa AWUS036NHA 150Mbps Wireless USB Adaptor - Wi Fi 2 on Windows 10 ?

oneandthree, Feb 27, 2022
  3. WiFi Adapter question

To be honest, I keep losing my wifi connection and Im almost positive its not due to my internet connection or Router or anything like that. VERY often, everyday, all day it keeps happening. The troubleshooter always resolves it by "reset wifi-adapter" (I believe this is the step it takes that resolves the problem) before it happens again anyways.

Its driving me nuts !

Most time when it suddenly goes out (the connection) all the networks that should be in "show available networks" or all but the one I was connected to, disappear. I run the troubleshooter and it ends in resetting the wifi adapter. And it works. 10 minutes later, it happens again. Im trying to pin down the problem here.

Thank you for your help.

Bright Eyes, Feb 27, 2022
  4. Zontir Win User

Problems when sharing WiFi with the Virtual Adapter

For many years I have always shared Internet to my devices like phone and tablet with my PC's WiFi antenna through the Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter, I only use it for that, since I have a cable connection, and I start the wifi with the command NETSH WLAN start hostednetwork previously having done the settings of NETSH WLAN set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid="Wifi" key="password".

For my devices to connect it is necessary that the Virtual Adapter that is created with that command has access to the Internet, for this I have to share the Internet from my Ethernet adapter to the Virtual Wifi adapter.

For some time now (a couple of months) I've been experiencing problems when sharing the Internet through that medium. The problem is that when I start the WiFi my devices do not connect, they say "Getting IP address" and never connect.

I have found the solution and I have to do the following:

1. Disable the Virtual Adapter with the command netsh wlan stop hostednetwork.
    2. Remove the connection sharing from the Ethernet Adapter.
    3. Activate the Virtual Adapter with the command netsh wlan start hostednetwork.
    4. Adding connection sharing from the Ethernet Adapter to the Virtual Adapter again.

By doing these steps my devices can now be connected to the Wifi, but sometimes it doesn't work if I do these steps too quickly. I have noticed that if I do step 3 and 4 too quickly it does not work and I have to repeat the process but doing these last two steps more slowly, until the Virtual Adapter gets an IP address 192.168.137.1 from Internet Protocol version 4

Also this problem does not occur 100% of the time. Sometimes when I run the command to start the Wifi everything happens fine and my devices connect well but this only works after my PC has been on for at least 5 minutes (I haven't counted it). If I run the command as soon as my PC has turned on then it doesn't work anymore.

As I mentioned before this problem didn't occur before because I had configured a .bat file that ran as soon as the PC was turned on with the NETSH WLAN start hostednetwork command and everything worked fine.

Now, I would like to go back to before when everything was fine so that when my PC starts up the WiFi too and I don't have to do all this protocol all the time, but with a simple command everything is solved.

Could someone give me a hand with this?

Zontir, Feb 27, 2022
Thema:

1. WiFi adapter disables when I try to connect - Similar Threads - WiFi adapter disables

2. WiFi adapter disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi adapter disabled: WiFi disabled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-adapter-disabled/dc88b5c1-c307-463a-9b9b-3c8de547e235
  3. WiFi adapter disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi adapter disabled: WiFi disabled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-adapter-disabled/dc88b5c1-c307-463a-9b9b-3c8de547e235
  4. WiFi adapter disables when I try to connect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi adapter disables when I try to connect: Hello, I have a problem. I updated my Windows 10 and it failed, and I restarted my laptop and internet adapter is disabled for some reason, when I try to enable it, it works but when i try to connect to my WiFi it disables my WiFi adapter and this continues. I tried:*...
  5. WiFi adapter disables when I try to connect

WiFi adapter disables when I try to connect: Hello, I have a problem. I updated my Windows 10 and it failed, and I restarted my laptop and internet adapter is disabled for some reason, when I try to enable it, it works but when i try to connect to my WiFi it disables my WiFi adapter and this continues. I tried:*...
  6. Wifi adapter gets disabled when I connect to a remote desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter gets disabled when I connect to a remote desktop: Hi, We are having a strange problem with our Lenovo Thinkpad running Windows 10 - every time we connect to a remote desktop connection, the wifi disappears.. When I check the device manager, it says "Windows has stopped this device" . I can uninstall and reinstall and wifi is...
  7. Wifi adapter gets disabled when I connect to a remote desktop

Wifi adapter gets disabled when I connect to a remote desktop: Hi, We are having a strange problem with our Lenovo Thinkpad running Windows 10 - every time we connect to a remote desktop connection, the wifi disappears.. When I check the device manager, it says "Windows has stopped this device" . I can uninstall and reinstall and wifi is...
  8. Wifi adapter gets disabled when I connect to a remote desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Wireless Adapter shuts off when trying to connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wireless Adapter shuts off when trying to connect to wifi: Laptop is a pretty old ASUS running windows 10. By old i mean maybe 2016-2017. I was using it just fine yesterday, but all of a sudden it started doing this. Here are a few things I have tried: disabled the adapter for a few minutes then reenabled it reset my wifi through...
  10. Wifi adapter auto switch off when trying to connect a wifi win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi adapter auto switch off when trying to connect a wifi win 10: Hi, I am using win 10 and i am facing a problem with my pc's wifi, when i am trying to connect my pc with my mobile through hotsopt my pc wifi adepter goes disabled auto Thank 116670