Windows 10: Wifi Adapter Disappeared After Sleep

Discus and support Wifi Adapter Disappeared After Sleep in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My wifi was working fine recently, I had no power supply so it was running low on battery. Right around when the battery was around 10-20%, I decided... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Zenquiorra, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Wifi Adapter Disappeared After Sleep

My wifi was working fine recently, I had no power supply so it was running low on battery. Right around when the battery was around 10-20%, I decided to put it on sleep for a few hours until I get power supply. So after a few hours, I opened the system and the wifi was gone. I cannot find it in the list of available networks.

Now, this has happened earlier and I used to do this: I went to the device manager and in the network adapter section, I will choose Qualcomm Atheros Wireless and I would disable and enable it. This will fix the wireless problem for me.

This time it was a bit different because I was unable to find the wifi adapter in the device manager's network adapter section.

Now I tried various ways to fix it including installing official drivers from the manufacturer's website and updating the BIOS.

The adapter is Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adapter And it has both WiFi and Bluetooth modules in it. The Bluetooth is working fine, however, the Bluetooth adapter wont show in Device Manager either, instead it will show 'Bluetooth DevicePersonal Area Network.

Here is a weird observation: I went into Windows Update and searched for updates, mysteriously it finds an update for: Qualcomm Incorporated - Ports - 3/25/2016 12:00:00 AM - 2.1.2.2 which I went ahead and installed it.

The main result is, I saw the Windows Event Viewer and searched for logs. What I found is after I put the system to sleep, there are a few power logs and right around the time, after I turn it on, I saw this log :

"Miniport Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adapter, {xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx}, had event Fatal error: The Miniport has failed a power transition to operational power".

Here is an XML View of the log:

Log Name: SystemSource: Microsoft-Windows-NDISDate: 11-06-2020 04:58:22Event ID: 10317Task Category: PnPLevel: ErrorKeywords: 16384,16,4,2User: N/AComputer: LAPTOP-QBHK7CFUDescription:Miniport Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adapter, {82395df5-aaae-4747-b3b4-c72815243edb}, had event Fatal error: The miniport has failed a power transition to operational powerEvent Xml:<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-NDIS" Guid="{cdead503-17f5-4a3e-b7ae-df8cc2902eb9}" /> <EventID>10317</EventID> <Version>0</Version> <Level>2</Level> <Task>2</Task> <Opcode>0</Opcode> <Keywords>0x2000000000004016</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-06-10T23:28:22.596539200Z" /> <EventRecordID>61478</EventRecordID> <Correlation ActivityID="{82395df5-aaae-4747-b3b4-c72815243edb}" /> <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="17812" /> <Channel>System</Channel> <Computer>LAPTOP-QBHK7CFU</Computer> <Security /> </System> <EventData> <Data Name="IfGuid">{82395df5-aaae-4747-b3b4-c72815243edb}</Data> <Data Name="IfIndex">20</Data> <Data Name="IfLuid">19985273102270464</Data> <Data Name="AdapterName">Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Wireless Network Adapter</Data> <Data Name="MiniportEventEnum">74</Data> </EventData></Event>

I am using Windows 10 Home on an Acer Swift SF315-41.

I have also seen some other users having a similar problem and some recommended bizarre solutions such as 'Turning off the PC and removing the power cord for 10 seconds' or leave it as it is and Windows will fix it, to updating certain drivers Since this one was for Intel Adapter, I didn't apply it.

I also tried other suggested solutions such as:'

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults:netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Also, checking if the hardware is detected or not using 3rd party applications. The wifi adapter was NOT detected using the method, along with it the Bluetooth adapter was not detected either but Bluetooth is working fine, even though they are on the same chip.

I assume that it is closely related to power. But it turns out that the possibility of this being a software issue is more likely.

Please suggest how should I fix this?

:)

Zenquiorra, Jun 11, 2020
  2. kentosan Win User

Wifi adapter disappears after sleep

Thanks for replying.

@Spirit MS MVP - This is the reason wifi is disabled when the computer goes into sleep mode. When I untick the "Allow computer to turn off the device to save power" and place the computer into sleep mode, the wifi adapter disappears. If i recheck it, and
    put the computer to sleep, the wifi adapter does not get uninstalled.

@Andre - First solution does not work because the adapter does not exist and is not listed in the Device Manager.

Second solution doesnt work because the adapter is not listed in Troubleshooting. I tried troubleshooting all adapters and nothing was returned.

Third solution again does not work because the adapter is not there to uninstall.

The wireless driver/adapter disappears after restarting from sleep mode when the adapter's ""Allow computer to turn off device to save power" setting is unchecked.

kentosan, Jun 11, 2020
  3. WG9
    WG9 Win User
    Wifi adapter disappears - goes 'hidden'

Running Windows 10 on an Acer laptop. Over the past month, the wifi connection dropped without explanation/warning.

First time, the adapter was visible in Device Manager (with a yellow triangle next to it). An interent search found the suggestion to uninstall it and restart. That worked.

Today, the connection dropped again. In Device Manager at first I could not see the wifi adapter listed. I clicked to see hidden devices and found the adapter and the Bluetooth (which I had not noticed was missing).

I again uninstalled, restarted, and both the wifi and bluetooth have returned.

Anyone any ideas as to what is happening, why it's happening, and what I need to do, please?

I have attached a screenshot of the DM windows as it is now, showing the wifi adapter name, etc.

Thanks very much

WG

4. kentosan Win User

Wifi Adapter Disappeared After Sleep

Wifi adapter disappears after sleep

Hi,

My wifi adapter "Broadcom 802.11ac Wireless Adapter" disappears after I put the computer to sleep. This is resolved if I restart the computer.

It only happens when I uncheck the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". I did this because my wifi keeps disconnecting and unchecking this solves the problem.

Environment:

Macbook Windows Bootcamp, running Windows 10 1803 Build

Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter

I have tried setting the power management Network Performance to 'Maximum Performance'.

Please help as this error is driving me insane.

Cheers

Kent

kentosan, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

Wifi Adapter Disappeared After Sleep

1. Wifi Adapter Disappeared After Sleep - Similar Threads - Wifi Adapter Disappeared

2. Wifi adapter disappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter disappear: Hola, mi laptop esta tiene problemas como con el wifi es una Asus tuf gaming F15 con windows 11 las conexiones a internet las pierde aparte de que tengo que reiniciar la pc para que vuelva tener conectividad, el botón de internet de la interfaz de windows desaparece pero el...
  3. Wifi adapter disappear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi adapter disappear: Hola, mi laptop esta tiene problemas como con el wifi es una Asus tuf gaming F15 con windows 11 las conexiones a internet las pierde aparte de que tengo que reiniciar la pc para que vuelva tener conectividad, el botón de internet de la interfaz de windows desaparece pero el...
  4. Wifi adapter disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter disappeared: Hello,My wifi adapter stopped working recently, after my computer completely froze. Device manager said Code 45. I followed advice given online: uninstalled the adapter, downloaded and installed updated drivers. But it did not make it work and now the adapter completely...
  5. Wifi adapter disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi adapter disappeared: Hello,My wifi adapter stopped working recently, after my computer completely froze. Device manager said Code 45. I followed advice given online: uninstalled the adapter, downloaded and installed updated drivers. But it did not make it work and now the adapter completely...
  6. Wifi adapter disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. WiFi Adapter disappears after waking up from Sleep

WiFi Adapter disappears after waking up from Sleep: Hello, I know this issue has been raised a couple of times and I have read most of the troubleshooting provided on other forums but to no avail. I would like to raise this issue again with hopes of finding solutions. Issue: When waking up from sleep, Wifi is disconnected....
  8. WiFi Adapter Disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WiFi Adapter Disappeared: Hi community, wifi adapter gone missing. I can't see it from device manager. [ATTACH] I tried different solutions from microsoft community help and also from hp community. But, nothing is fruitful. First time several restarts works and then, I also changed power...
  9. WiFi adapter disappears: No WiFi

WiFi adapter disappears: No WiFi: I have a HP Spectre laptop which has been working fine until a Windows 10 update happened. Now the WiFI adapter Intel 8265 is not installed gives Code 56 error when I view in Device Manager. There is a yellow exclamation mark in front of the device. I have tried...
  10. Wifi adapter disappears after sleep

Wifi adapter disappears after sleep: Hi, My wifi adapter "Broadcom 802.11ac Wireless Adapter" disappears after I put the computer to sleep. This is resolved if I restart the computer. It only happens when I uncheck the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". I did this because my wifi...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the miniport has failed a power transition to operational power

2. the miniport failed power transition

3. qualcomm atheros qca61x4a missing

4. fatal error the miniport has failed a power transition to operational power,
  5. miniport qualcomm atheros wireless network adaptet had event fatal error: the miniport has failed a power transition to operational power