Windows 10: WiFi adapter disappears: No WiFi

Discus and support WiFi adapter disappears: No WiFi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a HP Spectre laptop which has been working fine until a Windows 10 update happened. Now the WiFI adapter Intel 8265 is not installed gives Code... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AjayBh, May 14, 2020.

1. AjayBh Win User

WiFi adapter disappears: No WiFi

I have a HP Spectre laptop which has been working fine until a Windows 10 update happened. Now the WiFI adapter Intel 8265 is not installed gives Code 56 error when I view in Device Manager. There is a yellow exclamation mark in front of the device.

I have tried uninstalling, disabling, updating driver also used the Intel tool to update driver. Nothing works.

I tried recovery which managed to get it to work again for 7 days and the update happened again. Stopped working.

Very frustrating. Even a USB to Ethernet adapter cannot be installed same code 56 error and the yellow mark in front of the device. Only thing that works is a USB to LTE dongle so I can get some internet access.

I have tried all sorts of rolling back drivers, deleting and installing drivers pretty much everything that is on the internet!.

The WiFI adapter must be good since it works when one of the recovery mechanisms work so does not look like a hardware problem.

Can anybody help me with this? Really need the WiFi to work. In Network and Internet Settings, under Network adapters, I only see the Bluetooth adapter. No WiFi adapter.

Also, hopefully once I get it to work again, how do I permanently disable ANY driver or Windows update? Very frustrating.

Thank you for your help.

:)

AjayBh, May 14, 2020
  2. WG9
    WG9 Win User

Wifi adapter disappears - goes 'hidden'

Running Windows 10 on an Acer laptop. Over the past month, the wifi connection dropped without explanation/warning.

First time, the adapter was visible in Device Manager (with a yellow triangle next to it). An interent search found the suggestion to uninstall it and restart. That worked.

Today, the connection dropped again. In Device Manager at first I could not see the wifi adapter listed. I clicked to see hidden devices and found the adapter and the Bluetooth (which I had not noticed was missing).

I again uninstalled, restarted, and both the wifi and bluetooth have returned.

Anyone any ideas as to what is happening, why it's happening, and what I need to do, please?

I have attached a screenshot of the DM windows as it is now, showing the wifi adapter name, etc.

Thanks very much

WG

3. kentosan Win User
    Wifi adapter disappears after sleep

Thanks for replying.

@Spirit MS MVP - This is the reason wifi is disabled when the computer goes into sleep mode. When I untick the "Allow computer to turn off the device to save power" and place the computer into sleep mode, the wifi adapter disappears. If i recheck it, and
    put the computer to sleep, the wifi adapter does not get uninstalled.

@Andre - First solution does not work because the adapter does not exist and is not listed in the Device Manager.

Second solution doesnt work because the adapter is not listed in Troubleshooting. I tried troubleshooting all adapters and nothing was returned.

Third solution again does not work because the adapter is not there to uninstall.

The wireless driver/adapter disappears after restarting from sleep mode when the adapter's ""Allow computer to turn off device to save power" setting is unchecked.

kentosan, May 14, 2020
  4. Try3 Win User

Update made wifi adapter disapear

If the wifi adapter appears in Device manager without any warning triangle but there is no wifi section in Settings, Networks then reinstall the wifi adapter.

If the wifi adapter appears in Device manager without any warning triangle and there is a wifi section in Settings, Networks then use Settings, Update, Troubleshoot. I'd suggest this sequence:-
    Hardware & devices
    Network adapter
    Internet connections

Best of luck,
    Denis

Thema:

1. WiFi adapter disappears: No WiFi - Similar Threads - WiFi adapter disappears

2. Wifi adapter disappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter disappear: Hola, mi laptop esta tiene problemas como con el wifi es una Asus tuf gaming F15 con windows 11 las conexiones a internet las pierde aparte de que tengo que reiniciar la pc para que vuelva tener conectividad, el botón de internet de la interfaz de windows desaparece pero el...
  3. Wifi adapter disappear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi adapter disappear: Hola, mi laptop esta tiene problemas como con el wifi es una Asus tuf gaming F15 con windows 11 las conexiones a internet las pierde aparte de que tengo que reiniciar la pc para que vuelva tener conectividad, el botón de internet de la interfaz de windows desaparece pero el...
  4. the wifi adapter and the wifi icon have completely disappeared

the wifi adapter and the wifi icon have completely disappeared: Yesterday and without my consent, my hp laptop update to the windows 11 version. Not even 24 hours later, I discovered that the wifi network wasn’t connected. When I clicked to see why, there was literally no Wifi Icon and when i went to settings and control panel to look for...
  5. the wifi adapter and the wifi icon have completely disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the wifi adapter and the wifi icon have completely disappeared: Yesterday and without my consent, my hp laptop update to the windows 11 version. Not even 24 hours later, I discovered that the wifi network wasn’t connected. When I clicked to see why, there was literally no Wifi Icon and when i went to settings and control panel to look for...
  6. Wifi adapter disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter disappeared: Hello,My wifi adapter stopped working recently, after my computer completely froze. Device manager said Code 45. I followed advice given online: uninstalled the adapter, downloaded and installed updated drivers. But it did not make it work and now the adapter completely...
  7. Wifi adapter disappeared

Wifi adapter disappeared: Hello,My wifi adapter stopped working recently, after my computer completely froze. Device manager said Code 45. I followed advice given online: uninstalled the adapter, downloaded and installed updated drivers. But it did not make it work and now the adapter completely...
  8. Wifi adapter disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. My wifi adapter suddenly disappeared and wifi not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My wifi adapter suddenly disappeared and wifi not working: My wifi adapter suddenly disappeared. if I check network properties, it shows qualcomm atheros AR956x wireless. But cant find anywhere. windows 10 is installed on my pc...
  10. WiFi Adapter Disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WiFi Adapter Disappeared: Hi community, wifi adapter gone missing. I can't see it from device manager. [ATTACH] I tried different solutions from microsoft community help and also from hp community. But, nothing is fruitful. First time several restarts works and then, I also changed power...