Windows 10: Wifi Adapter Disconnecting from Wifi Router

Discus and support Wifi Adapter Disconnecting from Wifi Router in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello Guys, My pc is around 5 years old, recently I started having cut outs in my wifi connection. I have comcast but since the modem is far away, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by lCHECKMATEI, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Wifi Adapter Disconnecting from Wifi Router

Hello Guys,

My pc is around 5 years old, recently I started having cut outs in my wifi connection. I have comcast but since the modem is far away, I use a network card to connect to the router. The router I use is NetGear R6250 its an AC compatible router or wifi 5 as now its called. My wifi card in my PC is GIGABYTE GC-WB867D-I. I upgraded to 600 Mbps Speed with comcast and I know my router is cable of giving me the speed but ever since the upgrade (or so I think) the network card keeps dropping connection. I connect my phone to the same AC wifi and no problems so far. I also check speeds and I only get around 70-100 Mbps on PC but on my phone I get around 300-350Mbps. I checked the specs of my network card it is capable upto 800 Mbps. Is there anyway I can narrow down that my network card is going bad? I just want to be sure before I invest in another one. Also please link if you have a recommendation for a good wifi 5 card. I cant get wifi 6 because then I would have to change my router too which I don't want to do.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thank You

:)

lCHECKMATEI, Nov 3, 2020

2. Lan disconnects frequently on wifi router

I have a wifi router setup,
    internet on my laptop works fine which is connected on wireless
    but my pc which is connected through lan with wifi router get disconnected after some time, and to make it work I have to disable and then enable it.

Please help regarding this issue.

smartali89, Nov 3, 2020
  3. theonedub Win User
    Using spare Router as Wifi Adapter

I've got this DIR-655 that is collecting dust and I also happen to need a Wifi N adapter for my PC. I remember a long time ago (using DDWRT) I was able to use an older LinkSys router a a Wifi adapter- basically I would plug in a computer, DVR box, and a PS3 into the LAN ports on the router which is then connected to the main router through its Wifi.

I'm 95% sure that my previous setup essentially used the second router a a repeater, but I do not think the DIR655 supports that function and it is not DDWRT compatible. Is there a way for me to rig the hardware I have now to get this working? I know its probably easier to just buy a N adapter, but I figure there is no point in wasting what I already have.

Thanks,

theonedub, Nov 3, 2020
  4. rk3066 Win User

Wifi Adapter Disconnecting from Wifi Router

My WiFi Adapter came loose and disconnected

Hey guys,

I have a Zotac Mini PC and my Mini-WiFi Adapter came loose. Do you know any tape would fix this? The Apater pops up when it disconnects from the M2 slot which there are 2 on the bottom the MB

rk3066, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

Wifi Adapter Disconnecting from Wifi Router

1. Wifi Adapter Disconnecting from Wifi Router - Similar Threads - Wifi Adapter Disconnecting

2. Wifi adapter connecting/disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter connecting/disconnecting: Hello,In shot, this is a USB wifi adapter issue with a very long history of being a nuisance. Windows 11.The current problem is that Windows Update recently started to update my driver to:Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - Net - 5001.15.129.0The current driver version...
  3. Wifi adapter connecting/disconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi adapter connecting/disconnecting: Hello,In shot, this is a USB wifi adapter issue with a very long history of being a nuisance. Windows 11.The current problem is that Windows Update recently started to update my driver to:Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - Net - 5001.15.129.0The current driver version...
  4. Wifi 6 adapter compatibility with 5.0ghz routers (WiFi 5)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi 6 adapter compatibility with 5.0ghz routers (WiFi 5): Hello, I have an older PC that only supports 802.11n WiFi which doesn't allow me to connect to my router 5.0ghz band using Windows 10. If I buy a WiFi 6 (802.11ax) adapter, will it work in Windows 10 with WiFi 5 routers (5.0ghz band) or do they only work with new Wifi 6...
  5. WiFi adapter randomly disconnects

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi adapter randomly disconnects: I'm running Windows 10 pro 2004 Build 19041.388. Currently, my WiFi adapter disconnects randomly for a very short time. This results in the "no Internet"-globe symbol with no networks nearby for a few seconds. I have tested with 2 brands (Netgear, tp-link) and different...
  6. disconnecting from wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    disconnecting from wifi: My windows 10 keeps disconnecting from my wifi. It is very annoying and the only device that does this. Cell phones, iPad and everything else is fine. Just my pc running windows 10 with Microsoft edge keeps disconnecting....
  7. Wifi Adapter always disconnects

Wifi Adapter always disconnects: Hello. I have a big problem with my laptop Asus Vivobook. It often disables the wifi adapter automatically and when this happens my laptop usually freezes and restarts it shows the blue screen of death a lot. This also happens whenever I move my laptop, even just a little...
  8. WIFI adapter keeps disconnecting

WIFI adapter keeps disconnecting: Anybody know when there might be a fix for the wifi adapter to keep disconnecting? Was on 1909 then reverted back to 1809 to try and fix but to no avail. Have to keep troubleshooting and resetting the adapter, it's BS to say the least never mind frustrating. I've tried all...
  9. 5 GHZ Wifi not working, Wifi adapter appears but connects and disconnects from the wifi...

5 GHZ Wifi not working, Wifi adapter appears but connects and disconnects from the wifi...: I have this problem with every wifi adapter i tried, and on my other PC my current adapter works perfectly. I bought this adapter 3 weeks ago and this problem started 2 days ago, however i had it on previous adapters. Changing the Wireless mod property in device manager to...
  10. Network Adapter not detectin my Router Wifi

Network Adapter not detectin my Router Wifi: Why is my PC not detecting my home Wifi router. but it detects other available networks/wifi routers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-adapter-not-detectin-my-router-wifi/6736bd5d-b533-46a9-bc6e-e03d93a2501f