Windows 10: Wifi Adapter Driver Automatically Rolls back

Discus and support Wifi Adapter Driver Automatically Rolls back in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Greetings, We are seeing some weird issues with Windows 10 1903. We have installed the latest wifi adpater to resolve an issue with the older driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TimMcGrath- [O365], Sep 24, 2020.

1. Wifi Adapter Driver Automatically Rolls back

Greetings,

We are seeing some weird issues with Windows 10 1903.

We have installed the latest wifi adpater to resolve an issue with the older driver on the device. After several days we notive the driver is reverting rolling back to the old driver and our users start experiencing problems again

Windows updates are done through SCCM and only critcal or security updates go out and the rollback is happening at random times not related to an update.

Has anyone seen a driver automatically roll back?

Intel - wifi6 AX201

New- 21.110.1.1

Old - 21.60.1.1

We update it to the new and in a few days its back to the old.

:)

TimMcGrath- [O365], Sep 24, 2020
  2. rez001 Win User

IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

Wifi Adapter Driver Automatically Rolls back [​IMG]

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Sep 24, 2020
  3. WiFi wont automatically turn back on after restart/shutdown

Thanks for the feedback. Since your Wi-Fi was working fine before the Windows Update, I suggest that you perform the following troubleshooting steps:

Roll back the Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 driver

1. Right-click the Windows key and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand the Network adapters category, right-click
      the Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260, then click
      Properties.
    3. Click the Driver tab, then select
      Roll Back Driver.
    4. Follow the on-screen instruction.

Uninstall the Wi-Fi adapter driver and restart your laptop

1. Right-click the Windows key and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand the Network adapters category, right-click
      the Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260, then click
      Uninstall.
    3. Restart your laptop to let Windows automatically reinstall the wireless adapter driver.

If you have additional questions, or if the issue persists after the troubleshooting steps above, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 24, 2020
  4. Wifi Adapter Driver Automatically Rolls back

"There might be a problem with the driver for the WiFi adapter"

I was using my Surface 7 Pro as usual this morning when suddenly my internet was not working. I went through the regular disconnect/connect, run troubleshoot, and even uninstalled my NordVPN app thinking there could be an issue with it. No luck.

The network diagnostics gave me the "there might be a problem with the driver for the wifi adapter" message, so I tried rolling back the network adapter update. Nothing.

I then used my spouse's laptop to manually download the latest WiFi adapter driver and then used a flash drive to pass it onto my own laptop. Still nothing.

I used a few other suggestions, tho I can't remember them all, that involved the cmd prompt, and it hasn't budged.

I tried downloading the May 3rd update but it's apparently impossible without internet connection, so I'm stumped.

The internet icon is a little globe with a Ø on it, it has only the Airplane Mode option and
    the hover message is "Not connected - No connections are available"

What are my next steps?

ElliotGarcia96, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

Wifi Adapter Driver Automatically Rolls back

1. Wifi Adapter Driver Automatically Rolls back - Similar Threads - Wifi Adapter Driver

2. Why is this display driver still rolling back?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why is this display driver still rolling back?: So far I have done these suggested fixes to stop this form happening:Shut off "Receive updates for other Microsoft products when you update Windows"Used "wushowhide.diagcab" to hide the updateEnabled "Do not include drivers with Windows Update" in Group PolicyAdded...
  3. roll back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    roll back: hi, im on windows 10 21h2 and i need to roll back to windows 10 20h2 so i can run some programs, i know i need to run the media creation tool but its called 21h2 so wont that just leave it as 21h2? can any one tell me what i need to do to rollback to it, please explain in...
  4. roll back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    roll back: hi, im on windows 10 21h2 and i need to roll back to windows 10 20h2 so i can run some programs, i know i need to run the media creation tool but its called 21h2 so wont that just leave it as 21h2? can any one tell me what i need to do to rollback to it, please explain in...
  5. roll back

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. WiFi Drivers/ Network Adapter Drivers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi Drivers/ Network Adapter Drivers: I recently reset my network on windows 10 settings, I thought it would help but it didn’t so now every time I turn on my pc or restart it I have to keep reinstalling the current network adapter drivers so that WiFi options show up, is there any way to fix this? When I check...
  7. cant roll back driver routine

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cant roll back driver routine: when i try to roll back the driver routine, its just an gray area, and i cant update the driver routine either. what should i do to get back the driver routine?...
  8. Wifi Adapter Driver

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Adapter Driver: Hi, I recently reset my network settings because my wifi was havong too many problems, but now i cant find my network,it doesnt show any wifi names and the troubleshooter says problem with wifi adapter driver How can I fix this? Microsoft support have me on hold for an...
  9. Rolling back my amd display adapter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Rolling back my amd display adapter: So I'm rollingback my amd display adapter, and it's been about 30 mins and my screen hasn't come back on. Is this something to be worried about or do I continue to wait?...
  10. how to roll back display driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to roll back display driver: Windows 10 no longer recognizing second display. How to roll back driver. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-roll-back-display-driver/c99d6322-4d48-4099-be6e-d5da888b425b