Windows 10: Wifi adapter driver issues

Discus and support Wifi adapter driver issues in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7 (rip), it works fine until i try to connect to wifi. I put in the password and i freeze, it takes to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/oteyot, Jul 27, 2020.

1. /u/oteyot Win User

Wifi adapter driver issues

I recently upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7 (rip), it works fine until i try to connect to wifi. I put in the password and i freeze, it takes to a blue screen saying PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, as well as

What failed: A6210.sys

I googled it and it was a problem with my wifi adapter, the main solution to it is reinstall the drivers. But some people are saying that you shouldn't install from netgears website becauseit can permanently remove windows 10's ability to see available wifi networks. A family member of mine is offering to give me drivers from his pc with internet onto a usb and download onto my pc. I want to make sure im getting them from the right place.

submitted by /u/oteyot
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/oteyot, Jul 27, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

wifi issues

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X.

• Select Device manager

• Next select ‘Network Adapters’ and under it, you will find a Wi-Fi controller listed. Select it.

• Double-click the controller to open the adapter’s Property window and switch to ‘Drivers’ tab

• Next, click the ‘Disable’ button and hit ‘Ok’ to apply the changes. See if it helps

Method 2 : Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue
    is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter
    Method 3.

Try updating the Network Adapter drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the Network Adapter drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand Network Adapter.

c. Right-click on the Ethernet and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jul 27, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 - Cannot connect to WiFi. How to uninstall network adapter driver?

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on Windows icon on the taskbar.
    • Select Control panel.
    • Click on network and sharing center.
    • At the left top corner click on Change adapter settings.
    • There you will be able to see the Driver name of the network Adapter next to the Icon.
    • Then you can go to device manager and check for that network adapter and you can uninstall the driver.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jul 27, 2020
  4. Wifi adapter driver issues

Netgear USB WiFi Adapter Cutting Out

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest that you perform the steps below and check if issue persist:

Method 1: Network troubleshooting.

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”
    • Click on “Network and Internet”
    • Click on “Network Adapter” and run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Wi-Fi adapter

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “ Device Manager”
    • On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “ Wireless adapter” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest Wireless network adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.
    Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

Wifi adapter driver issues

1. Wifi adapter driver issues - Similar Threads - Wifi adapter driver

2. Wifi driver/ adapter issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi driver/ adapter issue: I was following a long forum on this and a lot of people had the same question but there’s was for a different cause. Out of the blue, for whatever reason, my PC wouldn’t connect to my network but everything else will. I’ve ran the trouble shooter several times and it keeps...
  3. Wifi driver/ adapter issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi driver/ adapter issue: I was following a long forum on this and a lot of people had the same question but there’s was for a different cause. Out of the blue, for whatever reason, my PC wouldn’t connect to my network but everything else will. I’ve ran the trouble shooter several times and it keeps...
  4. Wifi driver/ adapter issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Wifi Adapter Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Adapter Issues: Does anyone else ever get a similar issue?After about a year my custom gigabyte PC will start getting intermittent internet connection then no connection at all while EVERYTHING ELSE in my house runs perfectly fine. I use little USB adapters like Netgear or TP-Link.Being in...
  6. Wifi Adapter Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi Adapter Issues: Does anyone else ever get a similar issue?After about a year my custom gigabyte PC will start getting intermittent internet connection then no connection at all while EVERYTHING ELSE in my house runs perfectly fine. I use little USB adapters like Netgear or TP-Link.Being in...
  7. Wifi Adapter Issues

8. Wifi Adapter Driver

Wifi Adapter Driver: Hi, I recently reset my network settings because my wifi was havong too many problems, but now i cant find my network,it doesnt show any wifi names and the troubleshooter says problem with wifi adapter driver How can I fix this? Microsoft support have me on hold for an...
  9. wifi adapter issue

wifi adapter issue: My laptop hotspot uses Microsoft wifi direct virtual adapter #2 on my laptop. hotspot works as normal when i enable hotspot. however when i off hotspot the ssid of the network still appears from another device like my phone isnt it supposed to be off? and furthermore the ssid...
  10. Issue with WiFi adapter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issue with WiFi adapter: Whenever I unplug and re plug the wireless adapter, my WiFi runs fine for about 1-2 mins. Then, later on it says no internet but I’m still connected. This happened for almost a week and only happens exclusively on 1 computer. submitted by /u/XythesBwuaghl [link]...