Windows 10: WiFi adapter driver vanished

Discus and support WiFi adapter driver vanished in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Lenovo Yoga 900, Windows 10. Lost wifi suddenly and the cable guy told me my laptop is missing the wifi adapter driver! All of a sudden. Cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jayaku, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Jayaku Win User

WiFi adapter driver vanished

Lenovo Yoga 900, Windows 10. Lost wifi suddenly and the cable guy told me my laptop is missing the wifi adapter driver! All of a sudden. Cannot understand why this happened.

Please advise

1 what to do

2 how to do any reinstallation/updating/downloads you may advise, without accessing the internet....which is the problem to start with!

thanks a lot

Jay

:)

Jayaku, Jun 16, 2020

2. wifi driver vanished

Hi harishsk3033,

It appears that the wireless adapter/card on your laptop gone missing. Have you made any changes or installed any updates on your laptop prior to the issue? If yes, what were those changes or updates?

Basically, since the wireless adapter/card no longer appears in Device Manager, then it implies that the device is no longer detected. Downloading its drivers will not do any help. The wireless adapter/card has to be detected first before you can install
    its driver.

As a workaround, I suggest performing the following steps to try to re-detect the wireless adapter/card:

• Reboot the laptop
      • To insure that the laptop is properly rebooted, I recommend to shut it down first, before starting it up again.
    • Scan for hardware changes
      1. Open Device Manager.
      2. Right-click the Network adapters category, and click
        Scan for hardware changes
      3. Check if the wireless card appears. If yes, then right-click it, and click
        Update driver software
      4. Follow the on-screen instructions.
    • Check for Other devices in Device Manager.
      1. Go back to Device Manager and look for Other devices.
      2. If it's there, then expand it.
      3. If the wireless adapter/card is on the list, then right-click it and click
        Update Driver Software
      4. Follow the on-screen instructions.

If the above steps won't help, then there's a need to unplug and replug the wireless adapter/card on your laptop to have it detected. Please contact your computer manufacturer for proper assistance.

Kindly update this thread with the result so I'll be able to assist you further if needed.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 16, 2020
  3. steadydon Win User
    WiFi vanished

What happened to my WiFi? I am running Windows 10 15063.632 I have tried to update to 16299.15 twice with two different WiFi cards in my desktop and upon update WiFi is missing. Device shows in Device Manager with a triangle but no adapter in adapters folder and when I click on the the WiFi tab in notifications nothing. So I roll back and all is fine. I have used current drivers for card there are no BIOS updates available for Asus M5A-99FX Pro R2. When going to network in setting there is no WiFi listed on left column. Any ideas on what I'm missing???

steadydon, Jun 16, 2020
  4. Tony K Win User

WiFi vanished

Hi there, steadydon. Welcome to Windows TenForums.

Build 16299.15 has not been officially released. That's an Insider build. Are you an Insider? If not, how did you obtain it?

There may not be official drivers for you particular peripherals released yet.

Tony K, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

1. WiFi adapter driver vanished - Similar Threads - WiFi adapter driver

2. Wifi driver/ adapter issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi driver/ adapter issue: I was following a long forum on this and a lot of people had the same question but there’s was for a different cause. Out of the blue, for whatever reason, my PC wouldn’t connect to my network but everything else will. I’ve ran the trouble shooter several times and it keeps...
  3. Wifi driver/ adapter issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi driver/ adapter issue: I was following a long forum on this and a lot of people had the same question but there’s was for a different cause. Out of the blue, for whatever reason, my PC wouldn’t connect to my network but everything else will. I’ve ran the trouble shooter several times and it keeps...
  4. Wifi driver/ adapter issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. WiFi Drivers/ Network Adapter Drivers

WiFi Drivers/ Network Adapter Drivers: I recently reset my network on windows 10 settings, I thought it would help but it didn’t so now every time I turn on my pc or restart it I have to keep reinstalling the current network adapter drivers so that WiFi options show up, is there any way to fix this? When I check...
  6. A problem with the driver for the wifi adapter

A problem with the driver for the wifi adapter: I have been trouble shooting a lot and i keep getting this problem about the driver for the wifi adapter and i even searched for videos but it didn’t help at all...
  7. Wifi Adapter Driver

Wifi Adapter Driver: Hi, I recently reset my network settings because my wifi was havong too many problems, but now i cant find my network,it doesnt show any wifi names and the troubleshooter says problem with wifi adapter driver How can I fix this? Microsoft support have me on hold for an...
  8. Wifi adapter driver issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi adapter driver issues: I recently upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7 (rip), it works fine until i try to connect to wifi. I put in the password and i freeze, it takes to a blue screen saying PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, as well as What failed: A6210.sys I googled it and it was a problem with...
  9. wifi driver vanished

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wifi driver vanished: hello. Its just strange that my laptop(Inspiron N4050 ) just swallowed up the wifi network driver all of a sudden.I tried to download the drivers from dell website.Strangely,website recognised my laptop but did not show up any wifi drivers to download.When I tried to seach...
  10. WiFi vanished

WiFi vanished: What happened to my WiFi? I am running Windows 10 15063.632 I have tried to update to 16299.15 twice with two different WiFi cards in my desktop and upon update WiFi is missing. Device shows in Device Manager with a triangle but no adapter in adapters folder and when I click...