Windows 10: Wifi Adapter has disappeared NOT after Windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support Wifi Adapter has disappeared NOT after Windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, My Wifi adapter has disappeared on my new Lenovo C50 all in one computer. I have had the computer about 2 months and it has been Windows 10 the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JozefMaliar, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Wifi Adapter has disappeared NOT after Windows 10 upgrade

Hi,

My Wifi adapter has disappeared on my new Lenovo C50 all in one computer. I have had the computer about 2 months and it has been Windows 10 the whole time and has functioned generally well, although the Wireless connection has occasionally stopped and showed no wireless connections in range when there are several. Usually restarting has sorted it out, but not this time. I guess the computer may well have been Win 7 or 8 before I purchased it from a high street retailer - PC World but this is not an issue that has come about immediately after a Windows 10 upgrade.

There was a Windows update KB3140741 around the time the adapter disappeared today, might be coincidence. I've tried uninstalling that update but it won't let me.

I've updated the driver for the wireless adapter Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller in the device manager and it's now completely up to date. The properties say it's functioning correctly but it still doesn't appear at all when I go into Network and Internet, VPN, Change Adapter Options. All that is there is the bluetooth network connection and Ethernet which is what I am using whilst I fix this.

I have also tried the two solutions on this site http://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/fix-no-wifi-available-after-windows-10-update.html which is to download some software and to attempt to amend the registry. The software states that the driver for the wireless adapter is up to date, and the registry entry it suggests to delete doesn't exist, so both of those options have drawn blanks.

I've spent ages on the internet looking for an answer so I hope you can help as nothing seems to have worked.

:)

JozefMaliar, Sep 1, 2020
  2. WG9
    WG9 Win User

Wifi adapter disappears - goes 'hidden'

Running Windows 10 on an Acer laptop. Over the past month, the wifi connection dropped without explanation/warning.

First time, the adapter was visible in Device Manager (with a yellow triangle next to it). An interent search found the suggestion to uninstall it and restart. That worked.

Today, the connection dropped again. In Device Manager at first I could not see the wifi adapter listed. I clicked to see hidden devices and found the adapter and the Bluetooth (which I had not noticed was missing).

I again uninstalled, restarted, and both the wifi and bluetooth have returned.

Anyone any ideas as to what is happening, why it's happening, and what I need to do, please?

I have attached a screenshot of the DM windows as it is now, showing the wifi adapter name, etc.

Thanks very much

WG

3. Wifi adapter not appearing in Device manger after Win 10 upgrade.

To which Windows 10 version did the upgrade go to?

I am asking because on one of my Laptops my WiFi adapter completely disappeared from Device Manager. I did however get this issue resolved eventually.

2 things to try:
    1. Disable Fast Startup from advanced power options
    2. Then uninstall ALL network drivers including BlueTooth
    3. Finally restart computer and see if your WiFi comes back.

It could also be that the WiFi adapter somehow entered a deep sleep mode and thus can't be found anywhere. Try fiddling with other power options and also BIOS options if you can get into one. Wifi Adapter has disappeared NOT after Windows 10 upgrade :)

slicendice, Sep 1, 2020
  4. kentosan Win User

Wifi Adapter has disappeared NOT after Windows 10 upgrade

Wifi adapter disappears after sleep

Thanks for replying.

@Spirit MS MVP - This is the reason wifi is disabled when the computer goes into sleep mode. When I untick the "Allow computer to turn off the device to save power" and place the computer into sleep mode, the wifi adapter disappears. If i recheck it, and
    put the computer to sleep, the wifi adapter does not get uninstalled.

@Andre - First solution does not work because the adapter does not exist and is not listed in the Device Manager.

Second solution doesnt work because the adapter is not listed in Troubleshooting. I tried troubleshooting all adapters and nothing was returned.

Third solution again does not work because the adapter is not there to uninstall.

The wireless driver/adapter disappears after restarting from sleep mode when the adapter's ""Allow computer to turn off device to save power" setting is unchecked.

kentosan, Sep 1, 2020
Thema:

Wifi Adapter has disappeared NOT after Windows 10 upgrade

1. Wifi Adapter has disappeared NOT after Windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - Wifi Adapter has

2. Wifi adapter disappear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi adapter disappear: Hola, mi laptop esta tiene problemas como con el wifi es una Asus tuf gaming F15 con windows 11 las conexiones a internet las pierde aparte de que tengo que reiniciar la pc para que vuelva tener conectividad, el botón de internet de la interfaz de windows desaparece pero el...
  3. Wifi adapter disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter disappeared: Hello,My wifi adapter stopped working recently, after my computer completely froze. Device manager said Code 45. I followed advice given online: uninstalled the adapter, downloaded and installed updated drivers. But it did not make it work and now the adapter completely...
  4. Wifi adapter disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi adapter disappeared: Hello,My wifi adapter stopped working recently, after my computer completely froze. Device manager said Code 45. I followed advice given online: uninstalled the adapter, downloaded and installed updated drivers. But it did not make it work and now the adapter completely...
  5. Wifi adapter disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. WiFi Adapter Disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WiFi Adapter Disappeared: Hi community, wifi adapter gone missing. I can't see it from device manager. [ATTACH] I tried different solutions from microsoft community help and also from hp community. But, nothing is fruitful. First time several restarts works and then, I also changed power...
  7. Wifi Adapter Disappeared After Sleep

Wifi Adapter Disappeared After Sleep: My wifi was working fine recently, I had no power supply so it was running low on battery. Right around when the battery was around 10-20%, I decided to put it on sleep for a few hours until I get power supply. So after a few hours, I opened the system and the wifi was gone....
  8. WiFi adapter disappears: No WiFi

WiFi adapter disappears: No WiFi: I have a HP Spectre laptop which has been working fine until a Windows 10 update happened. Now the WiFI adapter Intel 8265 is not installed gives Code 56 error when I view in Device Manager. There is a yellow exclamation mark in front of the device. I have tried...
  9. Problem with WiFi adapter after upgrading windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with WiFi adapter after upgrading windows 10: After updating windows 10 to 1903 and above, i am unable to connect to any 5 ghz bands, i am forced to connect to my slower 2.4 ghz band. I am using an ASUS PCE-AC88 adapter. I have tried all available drivers with no change in this behavior. I have tried to disable the...
  10. Wifi adapter disappears after sleep

Wifi adapter disappears after sleep: Hi, My wifi adapter "Broadcom 802.11ac Wireless Adapter" disappears after I put the computer to sleep. This is resolved if I restart the computer. It only happens when I uncheck the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". I did this because my wifi...