Windows 10: WIFI adapter has gone missing, please help!

Discus and support WIFI adapter has gone missing, please help! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My HP Pavilion Laptop with windows 10 has an internal wireless card - Realtek. I have been having difficulty connecting wirelessly of late, i usually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AsifSH, Oct 23, 2020.

1. AsifSH Win User

WIFI adapter has gone missing, please help!

My HP Pavilion Laptop with windows 10 has an internal wireless card - Realtek. I have been having difficulty connecting wirelessly of late, i usually disable and enable the WI-FI adapter and it used to connect. Now for some reason the adapter has disappeared totally and i am unable to find it even in device manager. i have tried to check for "scan for new hardware changes" but it still is not appearing. Any ideas on how to access WiFi on my computer, as it was working for 4 years?

:)

AsifSH, Oct 23, 2020

2. wifi adapter missing from device manager

Yesterday all of a sudden, My wifi got disconnected. It seems the wifi adapter is missing altogether from the device manager. I tried

1. restarting the laptop
    2. re-installing the wifi drivers
    3. Check hidden devices in device manager
    4. Check windows 10 setting and tried resetting the network
    5. Tried driver update with Driver Easy and DriverPack
    6. Tried running netsh commands

None of the above worked. Also after successfully installing the driver and restarting the laptop. The freshly installed adapter is also not showing in the device manager.

I have gone through many posts and vlogs regarding this issue but none of them solved my problem. Please help me fix this. Any help is appreciated.
    Thank you

ratul keot, Oct 23, 2020
  3. WG9
    WG9 Win User
    Wifi adapter disappears - goes 'hidden'

Running Windows 10 on an Acer laptop. Over the past month, the wifi connection dropped without explanation/warning.

First time, the adapter was visible in Device Manager (with a yellow triangle next to it). An interent search found the suggestion to uninstall it and restart. That worked.

Today, the connection dropped again. In Device Manager at first I could not see the wifi adapter listed. I clicked to see hidden devices and found the adapter and the Bluetooth (which I had not noticed was missing).

I again uninstalled, restarted, and both the wifi and bluetooth have returned.

Anyone any ideas as to what is happening, why it's happening, and what I need to do, please?

I have attached a screenshot of the DM windows as it is now, showing the wifi adapter name, etc.

Thanks very much

WG

4. WIFI adapter has gone missing, please help!

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

WIFI adapter has gone missing, please help!

1. WIFI adapter has gone missing, please help! - Similar Threads - WIFI adapter has

2. Help, WiFi adapter completely gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help, WiFi adapter completely gone: The WiFi option on my laptop disappeared. I used network reset, still gone. Ran some code in terminal, still gone. Reset my laptop, still gone. In device manager under network adapters, my wifi network isn’t there either. When I troubleshooted I quote, it told me “You’re...
  3. Help, WiFi adapter completely gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help, WiFi adapter completely gone: The WiFi option on my laptop disappeared. I used network reset, still gone. Ran some code in terminal, still gone. Reset my laptop, still gone. In device manager under network adapters, my wifi network isn’t there either. When I troubleshooted I quote, it told me “You’re...
  4. Wifi adapter is gone missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter is gone missing: My laptop was running on windows 10 and an auto update happened, after the restart the wifi adapter is gone, it was three months ago and i tried everything since update to windows 11, update and reinstall wifi driver, Winsock Reset, Network Reset basically i tried everything...
  5. Wifi adapter is gone missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi adapter is gone missing: My laptop was running on windows 10 and an auto update happened, after the restart the wifi adapter is gone, it was three months ago and i tried everything since update to windows 11, update and reinstall wifi driver, Winsock Reset, Network Reset basically i tried everything...
  6. Wifi adapter is gone missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Help me get the wifi back, please. / wifi network adapter missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help me get the wifi back, please. / wifi network adapter missing: Hello I went to the devise manager and can see this as a network adapter: Kernel Debug Network Adapter I'm at loss I've followed multiple tutorials online but nothing works. I also, even when connected on ethernet, can't open any web browser...I've done a recovery back...
  8. PLEASE HELP : MY WIFI CONNECTION IS GONE :

PLEASE HELP : MY WIFI CONNECTION IS GONE :: [IMG][IMG]Can you please help me with this : i already tried to update my driver, cleaning the ethernet cable but it just lost like that and doesnt work very well ,pls can you help me with this? its been a week and nothing is fixed : pls i need your help....
  9. WiFi Adapter has gone all of sudden

WiFi Adapter has gone all of sudden: my laptop can't locate wifi connection, and I noticed it's not listed anymore on my network and internet settings, Can anyone help me on this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-adapter-has-gone-all-of-sudden/3cc00f92-c2a3-49af-b579-c16f2d19f25e
  10. Please help- Bluetooth has gone missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Please help- Bluetooth has gone missing: Hey guys wonder if anyone can help me, basically my Bluetooth has gone missing, I normally use a Bluetooth speaker , I brought another screen and since then Bluetooth gone ? It comes through my laptop but my Bluetooth option has now gone Please help * Original title:...