Windows 10: Wifi adapter in randomly disabled in settings but is still enabled in device manager

Discus and support Wifi adapter in randomly disabled in settings but is still enabled in device manager in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I will be using WiFi and suddenly it's gone. I'm using a Realtek 8812AU Wireless LAN 802.11ac USB NIC. Windows does something and the NIC is disabled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by StannWilsonn, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Wifi adapter in randomly disabled in settings but is still enabled in device manager

I will be using WiFi and suddenly it's gone. I'm using a Realtek 8812AU Wireless LAN 802.11ac USB NIC. Windows does something and the NIC is disabled in settings and if I am able to access settings enabling the device fails. Other times I can't access settings at all. In either case the only fix I've found is to restart my laptop. Sometimes I can go for days without this happening other times it happens several times a day.

:)

StannWilsonn, Apr 16, 2020

2. Wifi adapter randomly stops.

Hello!,

As the title suggests, my wifi card (Qualcomm Atheros QCA 9377) randomly stops working. It is showing a message on device manager saying something like "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems." This only started happening after
    updating to Windows 10 1809 update. I can fix the problem by disabling and re-enabling the adapter but seriously, who wants doing that everytime it happens? Can someone give me suggestions on how to fix it permanently?

derpygamer, Apr 16, 2020
  3. Try3 Win User
    Update made wifi adapter disapear

If the wifi adapter appears in Device manager without any warning triangle but there is no wifi section in Settings, Networks then reinstall the wifi adapter.

If the wifi adapter appears in Device manager without any warning triangle and there is a wifi section in Settings, Networks then use Settings, Update, Troubleshoot. I'd suggest this sequence:-
    Hardware & devices
    Network adapter
    Internet connections

Best of luck,
    Denis

4. Wifi adapter in randomly disabled in settings but is still enabled in device manager

Wifi adapter completely disappeared, not listed in Device Manager

I'm asking this question not for myself but for anyone who might run into the same problem as me in the future, to save them a lot of time and possibly panic.

I had a BSOD (an undiagnosed graphics issue that is triggered by Skype conference calls). When I rebooted, my wifi adapter had completely disappeared (a Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A; the computer is a Lenovo Yoga 710-14IKB). The network troubleshooter couldn't bring it back and it had completely disappeared from Device Manager. I plugged in an ethernet adapter and tried downloading and twice reinstalling the driver and then rebooting, but that didn't work. I ran "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" and then "sfc /scannow" in an adminstrator PowerShell, but still no joy. I then booted into MX Linux from a USB stick, but that couldn't see the wireless adapter either. By this point I was convinced that the BSOD had killed the wireless adapter hardware, but I tried one more thing. I rebooted into the UEFI settings and looked to see whether the adapter was listed as enabled there. Apparently it was, so I changed nothing and then selected "save and exit". When Windows started up again, the adapter was working. I then tried rebooting into MX Linux and the adapter was working there too.

Which of the steps I took is most likely to have resolved the problem? Was it when I opened the UEFI settings and saved them without changing them?

ricecrispies, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

Wifi adapter in randomly disabled in settings but is still enabled in device manager

1. Wifi adapter in randomly disabled in settings but is still enabled in device manager - Similar Threads - Wifi adapter randomly

2. No wifi adapter in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No wifi adapter in device manager: My wifi adapter is missing and i cant connect to wifi. It isnt hidden and it restarting or resetting doesnt work neither does scanning for hardware changes...
  3. No wifi adapter in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No wifi adapter in device manager: My wifi adapter is missing and i cant connect to wifi. It isnt hidden and it restarting or resetting doesnt work neither does scanning for hardware changes...
  4. No wifi adapter in device manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. WiFi Adapter disabled or hidden in Device Manager

in Windows 10 News
    WiFi Adapter disabled or hidden in Device Manager: [ATTACH]Some Windows users have complained that the WiFi Adapter is disabled or hidden in Device Manager on their Windows computer. When they launched Device Manager and checked the Network Adapter section, they just couldn’t find the driver. In this article, we will talk...
  6. Wifi Adapter is Disabled and Hidden in Device Manager Error Code 45

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Adapter is Disabled and Hidden in Device Manager Error Code 45: Hi MS team,I need some help regarding of my wifi adapter issue. Sometimes my wifi adapter is hidden, disabled, and get error code 45. I already tried several common method in the internet such as show hidden device and then scan for hardware changes, run the troubleshooter,...
  7. Wifi Adapter is Disabled and Hidden in Device Manager Error Code 45

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi Adapter is Disabled and Hidden in Device Manager Error Code 45: Hi MS team,I need some help regarding of my wifi adapter issue. Sometimes my wifi adapter is hidden, disabled, and get error code 45. I already tried several common method in the internet such as show hidden device and then scan for hardware changes, run the troubleshooter,...
  8. Wifi Adapter is disabled and hidden in the device manager menu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi Adapter is disabled and hidden in the device manager menu: Hi Team, I need help in resolving my wifi adapter as it is not working which is a common issue for windows 10. I tried to restart my computer a number of times. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I am getting this option and unable to fix the issue. I tried to open device manager...
  9. Wifi Adapter is disabled and hidden in the device manager menu

Wifi Adapter is disabled and hidden in the device manager menu: Hi Team, I need help in resolving my wifi adapter as it is not working which is a common issue for windows 10. I tried to restart my computer a number of times. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I am getting this option and unable to fix the issue. I tried to open device manager...
  10. WiFi adapter randomly disables

WiFi adapter randomly disables: Hello there, A problem that has been really annoying me for a while now, is as the title says, my WiFi adapter disables at random times, then enables. Then it can't find any networks, then it does and I have to manually connect again. This first happened suddenly, during a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. qca9377 windows 10 build 18363.778 wifi error