Windows 10: Wifi Adapter is disabled and hidden in the device manager menu

Discus and support Wifi Adapter is disabled and hidden in the device manager menu in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Team, I need help in resolving my wifi adapter as it is not working which is a common issue for windows 10. I tried to restart my computer a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DHRITIMANBANERJEE, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Wifi Adapter is disabled and hidden in the device manager menu

Hi Team,

I need help in resolving my wifi adapter as it is not working which is a common issue for windows 10. I tried to restart my computer a number of times.

Wifi Adapter is disabled and hidden in the device manager menu f33070fa-53b2-4954-bf52-3d9621729631?upload=true.jpg

Wifi Adapter is disabled and hidden in the device manager menu 4c3080a3-4314-4f60-88ba-949094c2bea8?upload=true.png

I am getting this option and unable to fix the issue.

I tried to open device manager but I am not able to see the wireless adapter at first glance like the below screenshot

Wifi Adapter is disabled and hidden in the device manager menu efe1fbf4-7731-4e6d-9e84-2f4fcb1dfdb3?upload=true.jpg

But when I select "show hidden devices" then my network wifi adapter comes as per the below screenshot.

Wifi Adapter is disabled and hidden in the device manager menu cbe243dc-a48f-41b8-a445-7dddff273eb7?upload=true.jpg

I found the Qualcom wireless adapter which is hidden and tried to update the driver as per the below screenshot

Wifi Adapter is disabled and hidden in the device manager menu 2b958e44-85d8-4704-a3e5-f1681f587e7b?upload=true.jpg

I installed the software but still my system is not recognizing the wifi adapter.My wifi connections are not coming

It is mentioning that my wifi adapter is unplugged by referring to drivereasy updates option

Wifi Adapter is disabled and hidden in the device manager menu 5f59417e-2958-4b5c-b71e-1e73763b3100?upload=true.jpg

Could you please resolve my wifi network adapter issue by referring the screenshots and suggest a good solution for resolving the issue

:)

DHRITIMANBANERJEE, Jun 22, 2020
  2. WG9
    WG9 Win User

Wifi adapter disappears - goes 'hidden'

Running Windows 10 on an Acer laptop. Over the past month, the wifi connection dropped without explanation/warning.

First time, the adapter was visible in Device Manager (with a yellow triangle next to it). An interent search found the suggestion to uninstall it and restart. That worked.

Today, the connection dropped again. In Device Manager at first I could not see the wifi adapter listed. I clicked to see hidden devices and found the adapter and the Bluetooth (which I had not noticed was missing).

I again uninstalled, restarted, and both the wifi and bluetooth have returned.

Anyone any ideas as to what is happening, why it's happening, and what I need to do, please?

I have attached a screenshot of the DM windows as it is now, showing the wifi adapter name, etc.

Thanks very much

WG

3. Uninstall hidden “Network Adapters” from Device Manager using PowerShell script

Steps:

1. Open Device Manager from Control Panel
    2. Select “Show hidden devices” from View menu
    3. Expand “Network adapters”
    4. Find hidden adapters
    Manually these hidden adapters can be uninstall by below steps

1. Right click on hidden adapter
    2. Click on uninstall.
    3. Click on Ok button.
    How to uninstall these adapters using PowerShell script?

I have Administrator access still, this code throws error - Remove-ItemProperty : Requested registry access is not allowed.

ShridharKusurkar, Jun 22, 2020
  4. Wifi Adapter is disabled and hidden in the device manager menu

Windows 10 Wi-Fi issues wifi adapter is hidden in device manager and I can't connect to wifi.

Hi Kelvin,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Did you make any changes in prior to this issue?

• Do you get any error when you try to access Internet using your computer?
    As of now, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Press "Windows" + "X" and select Device Manager.
    • Click on View and select show hidden devices.
    • Now expand Network adapters, you will see the
      wifi adapter .
    • Enable it by using right click option.
    Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

Wifi Adapter is disabled and hidden in the device manager menu

1. Wifi Adapter is disabled and hidden in the device manager menu - Similar Threads - Wifi Adapter disabled

2. No wifi adapter in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No wifi adapter in device manager: My wifi adapter is missing and i cant connect to wifi. It isnt hidden and it restarting or resetting doesnt work neither does scanning for hardware changes...
  3. No wifi adapter in device manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No wifi adapter in device manager: My wifi adapter is missing and i cant connect to wifi. It isnt hidden and it restarting or resetting doesnt work neither does scanning for hardware changes...
  4. WiFi Adapter disabled or hidden in Device Manager

in Windows 10 News
    WiFi Adapter disabled or hidden in Device Manager: [ATTACH]Some Windows users have complained that the WiFi Adapter is disabled or hidden in Device Manager on their Windows computer. When they launched Device Manager and checked the Network Adapter section, they just couldn’t find the driver. In this article, we will talk...
  5. Wifi Adapter is Disabled and Hidden in Device Manager Error Code 45

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Adapter is Disabled and Hidden in Device Manager Error Code 45: Hi MS team,I need some help regarding of my wifi adapter issue. Sometimes my wifi adapter is hidden, disabled, and get error code 45. I already tried several common method in the internet such as show hidden device and then scan for hardware changes, run the troubleshooter,...
  6. Wifi Adapter is Disabled and Hidden in Device Manager Error Code 45

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi Adapter is Disabled and Hidden in Device Manager Error Code 45: Hi MS team,I need some help regarding of my wifi adapter issue. Sometimes my wifi adapter is hidden, disabled, and get error code 45. I already tried several common method in the internet such as show hidden device and then scan for hardware changes, run the troubleshooter,...
  7. Wifi Adapter is Disabled and Hidden in Device Manager Error Code 45

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Internet adapter hidden in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internet adapter hidden in device manager: I have been trying to fix my internet adapter since it wasnt working and its in hidden devices and when i open it up it gives me this message Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. Code 45 To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to...
  9. Wifi drive is hidden in network adapter in device manage

Wifi drive is hidden in network adapter in device manage: Wifi drive is hidden in network adapter in device manage. I had tried updating driver, booting my laptop with window 10 three times but nothing happed. I already getting frustration because of it. Its been a week i got this problem.. I dont kn[ATTACH]ow why is this happening...
  10. Wifi Adapter is disabled and hidden in the device manager menu

Wifi Adapter is disabled and hidden in the device manager menu: Hi Team, I need help in resolving my wifi adapter as it is not working which is a common issue for windows 10. I tried to restart my computer a number of times. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I am getting this option and unable to fix the issue. I tried to open device manager...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wireless network adapter hidden in device manager

2. wiffi driver hideen

3. windows 10 network adapter always hidden

4. wifi adapter hidden in device manager,
  5. wifi network adapter remains hidden,
  6. wireless adapter hidden in device manager,
  7. wifi adapter hidden windows 10