Windows 10: Wifi adapter keeps disabling itself.

Discus and support Wifi adapter keeps disabling itself. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For about a week now I've had to deal with my computer suddenly disconnecting itself from the internet. There doesn't seem to be any particular timing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by T.J.M, Jun 27, 2019.

1. T.J.M Win User

Wifi adapter keeps disabling itself.

For about a week now I've had to deal with my computer suddenly disconnecting itself from the internet. There doesn't seem to be any particular timing to it; I'll just be going about my business and suddenly it'll disconnect and won't be able to find a network connection for about a minute. The exception is that it always seemed to disconnect after I put it into sleep mode, but that seems to have subsided. Upon examining it a bit closer in the device manager, it seems the network adapter itself keeps getting disabled and then coming back on after a little while.

I've tried several commonly suggested things to fix the problem, including:

• Disabling the option to turn wifi off for power reasons.
    • Updating my network drivers.
    • Setting my home networks to a private connection instead of public.
    • Temporarily disabling firewalls.
    • Performing a networking reset.
    • Uninstalling and reinstalling the network adapter.

The latter two seemed to somewhat fix the issue, as it now no longer always goes off after putting it to sleep, but I still keep getting random disconnects. The rest have not helped at all.

I had thought that the issue might have had something to do with AVG, since it started occuring around the time that I was uninstalling and reinstalling that, but it still persisted after I tried disabling that for a while so I'm not so sure.

:)

T.J.M, Jun 27, 2019
  2. Mike_1369 Win User

WiFi Adapter keeps disabling itself

My WiFi adapter keeps disabling itself. This started sometime in Nov 2016 or so with a new update. Before that, it worked fine.

I have done all the "suggestions", but none have worked. Any new ideas?

My mom's computer keeps losing internet as well (running Windows 10 also). I asked Uncle Google and maybe hers is a DNS issue, but why? I tried on her computer disabling the Wired Ethernet Card that some suggested, etc.

I am very annoyed. I really liked Windows 10 when it first came out, but it seems every time we get a new update, it breaks something else.

Mike_1369, Jun 27, 2019
  3. How to permanently disable ms virtual wifi adapter

Hi,

You may permanently disable the Virtual Network Adapter and Virtual Wifi Adapter by deleting it completely from the Network and Sharing Center.

To do this, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click Network and Internet.
    • On the left-side, click Change adapter settings.
    • Right click on the name of the adapter, then choose Delete.

Let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Jun 27, 2019
  4. Wifi adapter keeps disabling itself.

WiFi adapter disables itself

Sorry, but that does not solve the problem. Here's the condition, any suggestions?

Asus and HP laptops upgraded to Win 10 August 2015, both using anniversary edition version 1607, 64 bit, installed on 8-24-16. All of the fixes suggest have been tried and do not work. A/V is Norton Security.

• WiFi adapter disables itself and will not allow it to be re-enabled. Troubleshoot will not fix and restart is required.
      But Restart hangs and takes 30+ min. (90 min. 1-8) to complete or a forced shutdown by physically turning off the PC is needed to resolve.
      Can cause Edge to fail to find web pages after restart.
      • Asus last occurred: 12-25-16, 12-14, numerous dates since August 2015.
        Happened occasionally while on Win 8.1
      • HP last occurred: 1-8, 1-6, 1-1, 12-27-16, 12-14, numerous dates since August 2015. Never happened while on Win 7.

Dave Robson, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

Wifi adapter keeps disabling itself.

1. Wifi adapter keeps disabling itself. - Similar Threads - Wifi adapter keeps

2. WiFi adapter disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi adapter disabled: WiFi disabled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-adapter-disabled/dc88b5c1-c307-463a-9b9b-3c8de547e235
  3. Wifi adapter keep disabling by itself until now

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi adapter keep disabling by itself until now: It's been a couple weeks I've been strugling with this, while im playing on my asus tuf A15 FX506II laptop the connection suddenly disconnect by itself. When i check device manager, my wifi network adapter which Realtek 8822CE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC was disabled by...
  4. Wifi adapter keeps randomly disabling itself

Wifi adapter keeps randomly disabling itself: Hi there, I just got a new PC few days ago, I'm having trouble with the WiFi adapter RTL8192EE which is continually disabling itself automatically. The time varies but roughly every 20 mins it just stops working - no networks are detected, but every time I run the network...
  5. WiFi in Windows 10 keeps disabling itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WiFi in Windows 10 keeps disabling itself: Hello, I'm running Windows 10 Home on my laptop. The WiFi keeps disabling itself automatically. It won't even show the available connections. I have to go to the Device Manager, disable the driver and then re-enable the driver to get it working. I ran sfc /scannow and it...
  6. Wifi Adapter uninstalls itself

Wifi Adapter uninstalls itself: Hi there, I am having an issue with my asus r510v and wifi adapter "realtek 8821AE Wireless 802.11ac PCI-E". Randomly when I navigate through the Internet or playing online games my connection falls, but the status icon in tool task says I am still conneced until I try...
  7. Network adapter keeps on disabling itself

Network adapter keeps on disabling itself: Whenever I try to connect to the internet, my network adapter will instantly disable itself. It can display the list of available networks just fine, but once I tried to connect to any one of it, the adapter will disable itself. I even tried to connect using USB Tethering...
  8. Network adapter keeps on disabling itself

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network adapter keeps on disabling itself: Whenever I try to connect to the internet, my network adapter will instantly disable itself. It can display the list of available networks just fine, but once I tried to connect to any one of it, the adapter will disable itself. I even tried to connect using USB Tethering...
  9. wifi adapter keeps disabling itself after dec 2018 updates

wifi adapter keeps disabling itself after dec 2018 updates: Lenovo yoga had it for at least 5 years latest updates have hosed the network adapter. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-adapter-keeps-disabling-itself-after-dec-2018/674d257b-e809-41f7-9e6e-e0fb011fe611
  10. Wi-Fi Adapter keeps disabling itself.

Wi-Fi Adapter keeps disabling itself.: My Wi-Fi adapter kept disabling itself and now I can't enable it again, for the past few month or more when my internet connect fails I kept disabling and enabling it and now it's disabling itself. I've tried to troubleshoot it myself but all I can come up with is to restart...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wifi adapter keeps disabling itself windows 10

2. wifi keeps disabling itself windows 10

3. fix wifi disables itself windows 10