Windows 10: Wifi adapter keeps disabling when playing games requiring online connectivity after windows...

Discus and support Wifi adapter keeps disabling when playing games requiring online connectivity after windows... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello fellow microsoft denizens!About a month ago, soon after updating my laptop to windows 11, my wifi connectivity and intel network adapter AX201... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by onboohhooboo, May 26, 2022.

1. Wifi adapter keeps disabling when playing games requiring online connectivity after windows...

Hello fellow microsoft denizens!About a month ago, soon after updating my laptop to windows 11, my wifi connectivity and intel network adapter AX201 Wifi 6 began to have problems whenever I attempted to play games online through various platforms, with the wifi option in the bottom right of the screen disappearing and the driver itself disabling with a yellow bang in device manager each time I launched any online games. At first It would re-enable itself after a few seconds, but now it persists with a yellow bang in device manager until I close the program. Error codes 10 and 43 have been sh

:)

onboohhooboo, May 26, 2022

2. WiFi Adapter question

To be honest, I keep losing my wifi connection and Im almost positive its not due to my internet connection or Router or anything like that. VERY often, everyday, all day it keeps happening. The troubleshooter always resolves it by "reset wifi-adapter" (I believe this is the step it takes that resolves the problem) before it happens again anyways.

Its driving me nuts !

Most time when it suddenly goes out (the connection) all the networks that should be in "show available networks" or all but the one I was connected to, disappear. I run the troubleshooter and it ends in resetting the wifi adapter. And it works. 10 minutes later, it happens again. Im trying to pin down the problem here.

Thank you for your help.

Bright Eyes, May 26, 2022
  3. RhinoCan Win User
    I keep losing my WiFi adapter

I tried the Option 2 approach but kept getting the Error NetSetupDeleteObjecton Network Adapter error (0x80070005) error, even after a dozen executions of the command. That seemed like it was going nowhere so I tried Option 1.

After completing the reboot in Option 1, I never got the dialog that asked if I wanted to make the computer discoverable, even after a significant wait.

Do you have any further suggestions? I'm going to move on to "Compumind's" suggestion in the meantime and see if that helps....

- - - Updated - - -

I started working my way down the list.

1. Both the ipv4 and ipv6 resets said "access denied!". However, the mere attempt worked *briefly*, then the WiFi went down again.
    2. I disabled and re-enabled the network adapter. Again, it worked *briefly*, then I lost the WiFi again.
    3. I tried to disable the antivirus but couldn't find a setting for that so uninstalled it entirely. I got the WiFi back and this time it stayed on for several hours instead of a few minutes so I assumed it was fixed. Then I installed the new Avast One and the WiFi is still working so I'm assuming that all is well finally!

Thank you for this list of suggestions!!!

RhinoCan, May 26, 2022
  4. T.J.M Win User

Wifi adapter keeps disabling when playing games requiring online connectivity after windows...

Wifi adapter keeps disabling itself.

For about a week now I've had to deal with my computer suddenly disconnecting itself from the internet. There doesn't seem to be any particular timing to it; I'll just be going about my business and suddenly it'll disconnect and won't be able to find a network
    connection for about a minute. The exception is that it always seemed to disconnect after I put it into sleep mode, but that seems to have subsided. Upon examining it a bit closer in the device manager, it seems the network adapter itself keeps getting disabled
    and then coming back on after a little while.

I've tried several commonly suggested things to fix the problem, including:

• Disabling the option to turn wifi off for power reasons.
    • Updating my network drivers.
    • Setting my home networks to a private connection instead of public.
    • Temporarily disabling firewalls.
    • Performing a networking reset.
    • Uninstalling and reinstalling the network adapter.

The latter two seemed to somewhat fix the issue, as it now no longer always goes off after putting it to sleep, but I still keep getting random disconnects. The rest have not helped at all.

I had thought that the issue might have had something to do with AVG, since it started occuring around the time that I was uninstalling and reinstalling that, but it still persisted after I tried disabling that for a while so I'm not so sure.

T.J.M, May 26, 2022
Thema:

Wifi adapter keeps disabling when playing games requiring online connectivity after windows...

1. Wifi adapter keeps disabling when playing games requiring online connectivity after windows... - Similar Threads - Wifi adapter keeps

2. Wifi fails when playing online games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi fails when playing online games: Hello, i've been having issues lately with either my wifi or the desktop as when operating it normally, the wifi works out fine but when playing an online game, usually it will cause it to lag for a few minutes before disconnecting entirely usually something like " network X...
  3. Wifi fails when playing online games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi fails when playing online games: Hello, i've been having issues lately with either my wifi or the desktop as when operating it normally, the wifi works out fine but when playing an online game, usually it will cause it to lag for a few minutes before disconnecting entirely usually something like " network X...
  4. Wifi Adapter keeps disabling when trying to play any game in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Adapter keeps disabling when trying to play any game in Windows 11: This has been a real issue since the past week, I have an ASUS TUF F15 FX506LI gaming laptop with the following specs: OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621 Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation...
  5. Wifi Adapter keeps disabling when trying to play any game in Windows 11

Wifi Adapter keeps disabling when trying to play any game in Windows 11: This has been a real issue since the past week, I have an ASUS TUF F15 FX506LI gaming laptop with the following specs: OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621 Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation...
  6. Wifi adapter keeps disabling when playing games requiring online connectivity after windows...

Wifi adapter keeps disabling when playing games requiring online connectivity after windows...: Hello fellow microsoft denizens!About a month ago, soon after updating my laptop to windows 11, my wifi connectivity and intel network adapter AX201 Wifi 6 began to have problems whenever I attempted to play games online through various platforms, with the wifi option in the...
  7. WiFi adapter disables when I try to connect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi adapter disables when I try to connect: Hello, I have a problem. I updated my Windows 10 and it failed, and I restarted my laptop and internet adapter is disabled for some reason, when I try to enable it, it works but when i try to connect to my WiFi it disables my WiFi adapter and this continues. I tried:*...
  8. WiFi adapter disables when I try to connect

WiFi adapter disables when I try to connect: Hello, I have a problem. I updated my Windows 10 and it failed, and I restarted my laptop and internet adapter is disabled for some reason, when I try to enable it, it works but when i try to connect to my WiFi it disables my WiFi adapter and this continues. I tried:*...
  9. WiFi adapter disables when I try to connect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. My wifi adapter disappears when playing online games

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My wifi adapter disappears when playing online games: Hello all, I have a problem with my laptop Asus Tuf Gaming A15. When I play online games, my wifi adapter always disappears. When I check in the device manager, the wifi adapter is always hidden and I have to uninstall and reinstall it so I can use my wifi again. I don't know...