Windows 10: Wifi adapter keeps randomly disabling itself

Discus and support Wifi adapter keeps randomly disabling itself in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there, I just got a new PC few days ago, I'm having trouble with the WiFi adapter RTL8192EE which is continually disabling itself automatically.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SamHoey1, Feb 17, 2021.

1. SamHoey1 Win User

Wifi adapter keeps randomly disabling itself

Hi there,

I just got a new PC few days ago, I'm having trouble with the WiFi adapter RTL8192EE which is continually disabling itself automatically. The time varies but roughly every 20 mins it just stops working - no networks are detected, but every time I run the network troubleshooter, it fixes the issue again no error message, just "we fixed a problem with the wireless adapter or access point" which fixes it for another 20 mins until it happens again and I just run the troubleshooter again and again. It works fine when it connects to the wifi - its not a weak signal dropping out or anything, the wifi adapter just seems to want to turn itself off

I've tried

• changing power saving settings
    • reinstalling both realtek and default windows drivers several times
    • making sure my network is set to private and not public
    • changing the adapter settings such as putting the wireless mode from auto to IEEE 802.11b/g

These fixes have not made any difference.

Thanks for any help

:)

SamHoey1, Feb 17, 2021
  2. siredge Win User

Wifi Network Adapter randomly disables frequently

My wifi adapter disables randomly. After a lot of searching, the likely culprit is the anti-virus disabling the network adapter. I was using McAffee and right now I am using Microsoft Defender and shopping to see if another anti-virus solution doesn't
    use this functionality, which I understand was facilitated by MicroSoft.

Every time, I can run the troubleshooter and in 30 or so seconds, my network adapter is reenabled and I can carry on (which requires reconnecting to the remove system and restarting my session there).

This happens at varying frequencies- I have seen it occur twice inside 15 min, but generally happens about once per hour.

I have checked a number of threads on the subject and I have:

• Refreshed my Windows 10 installation
    • Updated network drivers
    • Disabled power saving mode on the network card
    • Updated my DNS servers
    • Moved to Static IP (helped me take the router out of the equation as the source of the problem)

Is there a permanent solution available?

Thanks,

Bryce

siredge, Feb 17, 2021
  3. Wifi adapter randomly stops.

Hello!,

As the title suggests, my wifi card (Qualcomm Atheros QCA 9377) randomly stops working. It is showing a message on device manager saying something like "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems." This only started happening after
    updating to Windows 10 1809 update. I can fix the problem by disabling and re-enabling the adapter but seriously, who wants doing that everytime it happens? Can someone give me suggestions on how to fix it permanently?

derpygamer, Feb 17, 2021
  4. T.J.M Win User

Wifi adapter keeps disabling itself.

For about a week now I've had to deal with my computer suddenly disconnecting itself from the internet. There doesn't seem to be any particular timing to it; I'll just be going about my business and suddenly it'll disconnect and won't be able to find a network
    connection for about a minute. The exception is that it always seemed to disconnect after I put it into sleep mode, but that seems to have subsided. Upon examining it a bit closer in the device manager, it seems the network adapter itself keeps getting disabled
    and then coming back on after a little while.

I've tried several commonly suggested things to fix the problem, including:

• Disabling the option to turn wifi off for power reasons.
    • Updating my network drivers.
    • Setting my home networks to a private connection instead of public.
    • Temporarily disabling firewalls.
    • Performing a networking reset.
    • Uninstalling and reinstalling the network adapter.

The latter two seemed to somewhat fix the issue, as it now no longer always goes off after putting it to sleep, but I still keep getting random disconnects. The rest have not helped at all.

I had thought that the issue might have had something to do with AVG, since it started occuring around the time that I was uninstalling and reinstalling that, but it still persisted after I tried disabling that for a while so I'm not so sure.

T.J.M, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Wifi adapter keeps randomly disabling itself - Similar Threads - Wifi adapter keeps

2. Wifi adapter keep disabling by itself until now

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi adapter keep disabling by itself until now: It's been a couple weeks I've been strugling with this, while im playing on my asus tuf A15 FX506II laptop the connection suddenly disconnect by itself. When i check device manager, my wifi network adapter which Realtek 8822CE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC was disabled by...
  3. WiFi in Windows 10 keeps disabling itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WiFi in Windows 10 keeps disabling itself: Hello, I'm running Windows 10 Home on my laptop. The WiFi keeps disabling itself automatically. It won't even show the available connections. I have to go to the Device Manager, disable the driver and then re-enable the driver to get it working. I ran sfc /scannow and it...
  4. Wifi Network Adapter randomly disables frequently

Wifi Network Adapter randomly disables frequently: My wifi adapter disables randomly. After a lot of searching, the likely culprit is the anti-virus disabling the network adapter. I was using McAffee and right now I am using Microsoft Defender and shopping to see if another anti-virus solution doesn't use this...
  5. Network adapter keeps on disabling itself

Network adapter keeps on disabling itself: Whenever I try to connect to the internet, my network adapter will instantly disable itself. It can display the list of available networks just fine, but once I tried to connect to any one of it, the adapter will disable itself. I even tried to connect using USB Tethering...
  6. Network adapter keeps on disabling itself

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network adapter keeps on disabling itself: Whenever I try to connect to the internet, my network adapter will instantly disable itself. It can display the list of available networks just fine, but once I tried to connect to any one of it, the adapter will disable itself. I even tried to connect using USB Tethering...
  7. Wifi adapter keeps disabling itself.

Wifi adapter keeps disabling itself.: For about a week now I've had to deal with my computer suddenly disconnecting itself from the internet. There doesn't seem to be any particular timing to it; I'll just be going about my business and suddenly it'll disconnect and won't be able to find a network connection for...
  8. wifi adapter keeps disabling itself after dec 2018 updates

wifi adapter keeps disabling itself after dec 2018 updates: Lenovo yoga had it for at least 5 years latest updates have hosed the network adapter. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-adapter-keeps-disabling-itself-after-dec-2018/674d257b-e809-41f7-9e6e-e0fb011fe611
  9. WiFi adapter randomly disables

WiFi adapter randomly disables: Hello there, A problem that has been really annoying me for a while now, is as the title says, my WiFi adapter disables at random times, then enables. Then it can't find any networks, then it does and I have to manually connect again. This first happened suddenly, during a...
  10. Wi-Fi Adapter keeps disabling itself.

Wi-Fi Adapter keeps disabling itself.: My Wi-Fi adapter kept disabling itself and now I can't enable it again, for the past few month or more when my internet connect fails I kept disabling and enabling it and now it's disabling itself. I've tried to troubleshoot it myself but all I can come up with is to restart...