Windows 10: WIFI adapter missing after MS updates.

Discus and support WIFI adapter missing after MS updates. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; All,Every time you send an update to my system, it knocks my WIFI adapter out for 3-5 days. Then it will start back up. I need this to stop and now I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MichaelHarfert, Sep 20, 2021.

1. WIFI adapter missing after MS updates.

All,Every time you send an update to my system, it knocks my WIFI adapter out for 3-5 days. Then it will start back up. I need this to stop and now I need my WIFI adapter to be fixed.Michael Harfert

:)

MichaelHarfert, Sep 20, 2021
  2. WG9
    WG9 Win User

Wifi adapter disappears - goes 'hidden'

Running Windows 10 on an Acer laptop. Over the past month, the wifi connection dropped without explanation/warning.

First time, the adapter was visible in Device Manager (with a yellow triangle next to it). An interent search found the suggestion to uninstall it and restart. That worked.

Today, the connection dropped again. In Device Manager at first I could not see the wifi adapter listed. I clicked to see hidden devices and found the adapter and the Bluetooth (which I had not noticed was missing).

I again uninstalled, restarted, and both the wifi and bluetooth have returned.

Anyone any ideas as to what is happening, why it's happening, and what I need to do, please?

I have attached a screenshot of the DM windows as it is now, showing the wifi adapter name, etc.

Thanks very much

WG

3. Simkoo Win User
    Missing wifi adapter in windows 10

This is a screenshot of my device manager

WIFI adapter missing after MS updates. [​IMG]

I can't find the Intel WiFi drivers because I don't remember exactly what version I need and the automatic installer doesn't detect the adapters as missing.

- - - Updated - - -

This is a screenshot of my device manager

WIFI adapter missing after MS updates. [​IMG]

I can't find the Intel WiFi drivers because I don't remember exactly what version I need and the automatic installer doesn't detect the adapters as missing.

Simkoo, Sep 20, 2021
  4. Try3 Win User

WIFI adapter missing after MS updates.

Update made wifi adapter disapear

If the wifi adapter appears in Device manager without any warning triangle but there is no wifi section in Settings, Networks then reinstall the wifi adapter.

If the wifi adapter appears in Device manager without any warning triangle and there is a wifi section in Settings, Networks then use Settings, Update, Troubleshoot. I'd suggest this sequence:-
    Hardware & devices
    Network adapter
    Internet connections

Best of luck,
    Denis

Thema:

WIFI adapter missing after MS updates.

1. WIFI adapter missing after MS updates. - Similar Threads - WIFI adapter missing

2. WiFi Adapter Missing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi Adapter Missing?: HelloI have a HP 15 Notebook running Windows 10 Home version 22H2.I closed my laptop last night and this morning when I opened it it say it encountered an error and needed to restart. Upon restarting, I now have no wifi and no wifi adapter. The only thing showing is the...
  3. Wifi adapter stays missing after each windows update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter stays missing after each windows update.: Hello,I'm using a Asus ROG GL553VD laptop. I'm using a licensed microsoft windows 10 Pro OS. I bought this laptop in 2018. I am recently facing this issue which is my wifi adapter goes missing after each windows update or if I shut down my computer for a while. After keeping...
  4. Wifi adapter stays missing after each windows update.

Wifi adapter stays missing after each windows update.: Hello,I'm using a Asus ROG GL553VD laptop. I'm using a licensed microsoft windows 10 Pro OS. I bought this laptop in 2018. I am recently facing this issue which is my wifi adapter goes missing after each windows update or if I shut down my computer for a while. After keeping...
  5. wifi adapter is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi adapter is missing: i am looking for wifi driver for windows 8.1 and my laptop is HP Notebook - 15-r204ne ENERGY STAR as I cant find wifi adapter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-adapter-is-missing/33b7b9d9-a7a8-4aaa-8574-c0ef4ace34b7
  6. wifi adapter is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wifi adapter is missing: i am looking for wifi driver for windows 8.1 and my laptop is HP Notebook - 15-r204ne ENERGY STAR as I cant find wifi adapter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-adapter-is-missing/33b7b9d9-a7a8-4aaa-8574-c0ef4ace34b7
  7. WiFi Adapter Missing

WiFi Adapter Missing: My wifi adapter is completely missing from my laptop. I have tried searching for it in device manager—>show hidden devices—> network adapters but there is no wifi adapter showing up. I have tried redownloading the driver from the ASUS website using an ethernet cable but that...
  8. Wifi adapter missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi adapter missing: Hi Recently I can only connect to my internet using the eth cable. I have checked my adapter settings and my wireless adapter is not there checked my device manager and my wireless driver is gone updated the system win 10 reset the pc its looking like I might have...
  9. WiFi Adapter Missing

WiFi Adapter Missing: Hi I am not tech savvy so i don't know what's the problem with my Wifi Adapter. I am using Windows 10. I left my computer in the middle of the night and when i woke up, I suddenly had new background pictures and my wifi shows a red X. I suspect that my computer went through...
  10. Missing Wifi Adapter

Missing Wifi Adapter: After turning on my laptop from sleep mode, I noticed that the wifi option in the network is missing, from the settings its missing, from the device manager its missing, only the ethernet is left, what can I do?...