Windows 10: Wifi adapter missing from network settings.

Discus and support Wifi adapter missing from network settings. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; cannot see wifi options anywhere in setting. and my wifif adapter is intel dual band wirless AC 8260. but i can connect to internet through ethernet.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Anshul, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Anshul Win User

Wifi adapter missing from network settings.

cannot see wifi options anywhere in setting.
    and my wifif adapter is intel dual band wirless AC 8260.
    but i can connect to internet through ethernet.
    Please help

:)

Anshul, Jul 23, 2016

2. WiFi networks appear on startup, then disappear

I have a computer with a newly reinstalled version of Windows 10 Creators Update (1703.15063) following a factory repair. On startup, the computer can detect several available WiFi networks, but if you try to connect to one, they all disappear and can't
    be re-detected. (This happens in multiple locations with different sets of WiFi networks.) We've tried updating/reinstalling the WiFi drivers (it's an Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 adapter, Dell factory install), doing a Network Reset, running the troubleshooter
    -- all the obvious stuff.

Perhaps coincidentally, the "alternate configuration" tab is missing from the IPv4 Properties of the Ethernet adapter, meaning I can't set it up for DHCP in one location and a fixed IP in a second location.

Any ideas?

DavidSchrag- [O365], Jul 23, 2016
  3. Connected, secured to wifi, but no internet access

I tried troubleshooting the wifi again these are the network diagnostics:

One or more network protocols are missing on this computer.

Windows sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing.

Problem with wireless adapter or access point.

RachelBarrett, Jul 23, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

It's possible that driver is wrong/corrupted, did you try reinstalling it ?

CountMike, Jul 23, 2016
  5. Anshul Win User
    I uninstalled it and then again installed it
    I download the latest drivers from Intel and Asus site.
    I think it is an hardware problem

Anshul, Jul 24, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    Check Resources and logs in Administrative tools. You can use Speccy to see if it shows up. Check in your bios to see if it is turned off. Also make sure that your bios is up to date.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Wifi adapter missing from network settings. - Similar Threads - Wifi adapter missing

2. Missing Wifi Network Adapter/s

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Wifi Network Adapter/s: I have this desktop for over 1 year already and now there seems to be a problem with my network adapters from the past few days it was not stable and it frequently be disabled/hidden/ or there's a error code. I was able to fix it by watching YouTube videos but then yesterday...
  3. Wifi is missing in the Network Adapter Option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi is missing in the Network Adapter Option: Hello, I have an issue with my PC's wifi. The wifi option is missing in the "Network & Internet Setting" and is also missing in the "more network adapter options". I am using a TP-Link wireless PCI Express Adapter" for my wifi and in device manager, the option is hidden....
  4. Wifi Network Connections - Network adapter miss

Wifi Network Connections - Network adapter miss: Hello all , i have a lenovo ideapad 110 , i have internet connections problems . I can`t connect to any wifi connections . I have prove to many solutions like Network Reset , Driver update , cmd promt , at control panel . it doesn`t work at all . If anyone can help me ?...
  5. Wifi Network Connections - Network adapter miss

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Network Connections - Network adapter miss: Hello all , i have a lenovo ideapad 110 , i have internet connections problems . I can`t connect to any wifi connections . I have prove to many solutions like Network Reset , Driver update , cmd promt , at control panel . it doesn`t work at all . If anyone can help me ?...
  6. Wifi Network Connections - Network adapter miss

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Wifi network adapter went missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wifi network adapter went missing: Hello, I am in need of getting my wifi network adapter back. I have no option to see it or try to connect to my wifi. My wifi is working on other devices and was working fine until 2 days ago....
  8. Wifi network adapter went missing

Wifi network adapter went missing: Hello, I am in need of getting my wifi network adapter back. I have no option to see it or try to connect to my wifi. My wifi is working on other devices and was working fine until 2 days ago....
  9. Missing wifi and network adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing wifi and network adapter: My laptop just froze recently and restarted. It booted up and the wifi icon is gone. I troubleshoot it and it tells me to install a network adapter. Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter, you will need ti re install the driver. I don't remember the...
  10. Missing wifi and network adapter

Missing wifi and network adapter: My laptop just froze recently and restarted. It booted up and the wifi icon is gone. I troubleshoot it and it tells me to install a network adapter. Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter, you will need ti re install the driver. I don't remember the...